The Eclipse tonight live..what's new.

Kevnzworld

Based on the rumour mill and the alignment of the stars, the CD about to take over on Feb 9th and on to March will be Sue Denning, a personal favourite.

If that's true it is good news, Sue is a great CD, I wonder if she will

be reunited with her Connie Sidekick, they were a really good team.

Based on the rumour mill and the alignment of the stars, the CD about to take over on Feb 9th and on to March will be Sue Denning, a personal favourite.

That's who Jason said was coming. We are on the Eclipse again in November/December-hope she's still there.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Hi Arno,

That would be wonderful news. Sue is one of our favorites as well. It would be awesome to reunite Ms Denning with Perry for a while. Let's hope it happens !

Happy New Year !

I just got off the Connie on Dec. 15th and Perry was so happy to tell us that Sue would be the CD and Julian the HD so he was very positive about going to the Eclipse with them. Sue is really wonderful!!!:)

Jackie

Here's an update.

We are at the halfway point, and all is good. Today is a sea day, and the sun is out and the pool is crowded.

Something that is new, or at least I've never seen it ( this is my first carribean cruise ). They broke from the standard oceanview buffet menu this afternoon. It was a carribean themed lunch. They had everything from fish escabeche , oxtail, curried conch to goat. I kid you not, stewed goat.

The carribean metal drum band was playing inside, and they had a large fresh fruit station. Two chefs, were cutting fresh whole fruit on a big table. Watermelon, guava and papaya.

They have a sail away each day, sometimes on the helicopter pad, sometimes on the lawn with wine and cheese. The sail always are usually around 5-5:30, an hour before sunset.

Yesterday on Barbados we rented a car ( 5 of us ), and spent the first part of the day at a nearby beach. We rented umbrellas and lounge chairs for $15. We left at lunchtime and drove up the coast to the posh St James area. We had a nice lunch and drove back to the ship

The day before was St Lucia we went on a day trip by boat to a small cove for snorkeling and BBQ. ( Spencer's tours ).

Well, there was an attractive couple snorkeling with us, they were doing snuba. Afterwards they and their two kids hung out and played in the waves. Someone whispered over to us " you know who that is right? ". Then I looked closer...it was Gwyneth Paltrow, her husband Chris Martin ( Coldplay ) and their two kids .

Thanks for the updates Kevin, I really hope they do the Caribbean buffet on our sailing next month. One thing I always regret (on any cruises we've been on - particularly in the Med) is that they don't do more local flavours.

One question - have you noticed whether they've been offering bucket of beer deals at the pool bars.

Thanks

NO WAY!!! That is super cool.

We leave in a couple weeks, CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

Would you suggest us booking some excursions before we go.

We did Oasis last year, and had to PRE book everything... made for a very rushed trip. I kinda thought we would play it by ear but am starting to feel like maybe I am being to relaxed....

Chass

We will be on the 4/6/13 sailing. I would love to find out ahead of time when the Captain Club events are scheduled, when the formal nights are, and when the big brunch buffet are scheduled. Do you have that information that you could share?

:) great thread Kevin, thanks for all the info and updates. We are travelling on the eclipse next December for the New Years Cruise so its great living it a little through you and other cruisers now. Have fun.

Here's an update.

We are at the halfway point, and all is good. Today is a sea day, and the sun is out and the pool is crowded.

Something that is new, or at least I've never seen it ( this is my first carribean cruise ). They broke from the standard oceanview buffet menu this afternoon. It was a carribean themed lunch. They had everything from fish escabeche , oxtail, curried conch to goat. I kid you not, stewed goat.

The carribean metal drum band was playing inside, and they had a large fresh fruit station. Two chefs, were cutting fresh whole fruit on a big table. Watermelon, guava and papaya.

They have a sail away each day, sometimes on the helicopter pad, sometimes on the lawn with wine and cheese. The sail always are usually around 5-5:30, an hour before sunset.

Yesterday on Barbados we rented a car ( 5 of us ), and spent the first part of the day at a nearby beach. We rented umbrellas and lounge chairs for $15. We left at lunchtime and drove up the coast to the posh St James area. We had a nice lunch and drove back to the ship

The day before was St Lucia we went on a day trip by boat to a small cove for snorkeling and BBQ. ( Spencer's tours ).

Well, there was an attractive couple snorkeling with us, they were doing snuba. Afterwards they and their two kids hung out and played in the waves. Someone whispered over to us " you know who that is right? ". Then I looked closer...it was Gwyneth Paltrow, her husband Chris Martin ( Coldplay ) and their two kids .

I thought the Caribbean theme was great too

More observations

My wife's Kobo Vox crashed again and she lost all her books for this trip. It's the second vacation in a row this has happened. Android sucks, Mac is on the shopping list

The ice cream station is great and free as are the soft yogurt areas

There aren't as many tables to eat at the Mast Grill and Aqua Spa as there are on even the Century with far fewer passengers. Seems odd

The crowd is far more diverse than most cruises I'be been on. Young too for 14 days. About 1/3 American and the rest Canadian, Brit, Europonees :-), and the even let some Aussies on board :-) :-)

Our cabin guys are the best we've had and in fact ALL the crew are 110% I mean it!

This is the only ship I've been on ever where deck 14 Mast Bar starboard is smoking.

The Elite happy hour has been great and we have met many new friends.

The weather is here and here's wishing you are all beautiful

Ps Our first free Laundry came back in perfect shape and the next day

Lets see how my tie does :-)

Here's an update.

Hi Kevin,

That's very interesting. No doubt this is something new... as they had the usual buffet on the November 17th Eclipse sailing. I've always said that Cruise lines should take advantage of local flavors. Azamara has been doing this for quite some time, and it's nice to see Celebrity trying something new.

You have a fantastic Hotel Director onboard Eclipse now (I believe it's Ryan Kingston), and I'm sure it's making a big difference as opposed to what I experienced on Eclipse in November. I'm disappointed that we missed Ryan by a sailing or two.

Thanks for the updates, and continue to enjoy your Cruise !

Update.

Yes there is wifi in the MDR, thankfully for some of us that cruise solo occasionally . The Internet is MUCH faster, what a difference.

New Years Eve on the Eclipse was great. There is a very lively crowd on this ship, much more so than any cruise I've been on. The pool party was great, they emptied the jacuzzis and loaded them with ice and champagne. The band was rockin, and the dance area and the floor above were packed.

Kudos to the staff. The martini bar was fun, the atrium band filled the ship with music, even Cellar Masters was crowded. It's larger and has many more wines than other ships I've been on, and no bar. I bought a wine card for the first time.

It was lobster night in the MDR, and it was good. All in all, great...a new tradition for me has began.

What is a wine card? 1st time on Eclipse and X in February?

I thought the Caribbean theme was great too

More observations

My wife's Kobo Vox crashed again and she lost all her books for this trip. It's the second vacation in a row this has happened. Android sucks, Mac is on the shopping list

The ice cream station is great and free as are the soft yogurt areas

There aren't as many tables to eat at the Mast Grill and Aqua Spa as there are on even the Century with far fewer passengers. Seems odd

The crowd is far more diverse than most cruises I'be been on. Young too for 14 days. About 1/3 American and the rest Canadian, Brit, Europonees :-), and the even let some Aussies on board :-) :-)

Our cabin guys are the best we've had and in fact ALL the crew are 110% I mean it!

This is the only ship I've been on ever where deck 14 Mast Bar starboard is smoking.

The Elite happy hour has been great and we have met many new friends.

The weather is here and here's wishing you are all beautiful

Ps Our first free Laundry came back in perfect shape and the next day

Lets see how my tie does :-)

Weather is here... I love it!

Thanks for the updates!

Hi Kevin,

That's very interesting. No doubt this is something new... as they had the usual buffet on the November 17th Eclipse sailing. I've always said that Cruise lines should take advantage of local flavors. Azamara has been doing this for quite some time, and it's nice to see Celebrity trying something new.

You have a fantastic Hotel Director onboard Eclipse now (I believe it's Ryan Kingston), and I'm sure it's making a big difference as opposed to what I experienced on Eclipse in November. I'm disappointed that we missed Ryan by a sailing or two.

Thanks for the updates, and continue to enjoy your Cruise !

Agreed Andy.

There is some tweaking to be done for sure. Just didn't have the buzz and wonderfulness of previous cruises.

Felt under par from our previous cruises. Looking forward to seeing who is the cruise director in April. Jason was not up to par IMHO.

Judy

Hi! Thanks for the updates. We will be on the Eclipse on Jan. 26th. Did you have to tender in St. Thomas? What spot did the tender bring you near? I have been to St. Thomas a few times but never had to tender. Just wondering how this all worked. Any advice is appreciate. Thanks

We aren't going to St Thomas.

Hey Don, ( a sixth), I am becoming " elite " as of this trip, so I'm not admitted to the " Elite " happy hour yet. I am in Cellar Masters every evening between 7:15 and 7:45, then martini bar til 8:45. Stop by and say hi!

One other observation, the music IS NOT loud at the martini bar, or anywhere else on the Eclipse.

I agree with Don, this is a very diverse and younger group overall. People are really getting dressed up on formal nights...I love it.

We aren't going to St Thomas.

Hey Don, ( a sixth), I am becoming " elite " as of this trip, so I'm not admitted to the " Elite " happy hour yet. I am in Cellar Masters every evening between 7:15 and 7:45, then martini bar til 8:45. Stop by and say hi!

One other observation, the music IS NOT loud at the martini bar, or anywhere else on the Eclipse.

I agree with Don, this is a very diverse and younger group overall. People are really getting dressed up on formal nights...I love it.

Okay I will pop by and say hello

Let me buy the first glass :-)

Not going to St. Thomas??? Why?

My friend was on the sailing prior to yours and she didn't stop in St. Thomas either. We are on the sailing after yours (this Saturday) and are scheduled to stop in St. Thomas. We're planning on meeting friends there. Do you know if they are planning to change the itinerary? Are you going somewhere in place of St. Thomas?

Sorry if this has already been stated, but who is the Cruise Director?

We are on the March 23rd sailing and I know that we have had Grenada 'deleted' due to too many ships in port. We have Curaco instead, which suits us, as we have never been there.

I'm also wondering why the St. Thomas stop was axed - do you know if it is scheduled to stop there still on the next sailing (which I am on)? Was this planned ahead, or were you just advised once on board? Can't say I'd be heartbroken if we skipped it, since there are way too many ships in port that day, but it would be nice to have an alternate stop instead of yet another sea day..

Archived