Sea Princess Inside Cabins

jfadra

We have an inside cabin D325 booked for the 35 night cruise on Sea Princess in April and am wondering if a bedside table can fit beside the Queen Bed and also if you can easily get around the bed. Going by the photo on the Princess site the small table is not showing. Would appreciate it if someone could answer this question please.Also do you know what they did when the ship went into dry dock in San Francisco before coming out to Australia?

Many thanks,

Jfadra.

We have an inside cabin D325 booked for the 35 night cruise on Sea Princess in April and am wondering if a bedside table can fit beside the Queen Bed and also if you can easily get around the bed. Going by the photo on the Princess site the small table is not showing. Would appreciate it if someone could answer this question please.Also do you know what they did when the ship went into dry dock in San Francisco before coming out to Australia?

Many thanks,

Jfadra.

when they set up the queen bed there's no room to put a bedside table beside the bed, one person has to crawl up the bed....we split the beds up to make it twin beds and then you can have the bedside table in the middle and it makes the room look bigger.....you can try out the queen bed and if it doesnt work out just get your steward to split them up

when they set up the queen bed there's no room to put a bedside table beside the bed, one person has to crawl up the bed....we split the beds up to make it twin beds and then you can have the bedside table in the middle and it makes the room look bigger.....you can try out the queen bed and if it doesnt work out just get your steward to split them up

I agree. You'll need the twin bed configuration. We did the 35 day Hawaii-Tahiti cruise this way earlier this year because the balconies were close to double the price.

AGREE twin beds fit best in an inside cabin but has anyone tried a queen being put against the opposite wall pushed at a right angle into the corner yet?

Admittedly one person would have to climb over the bed to get their side but then there would be room I think for a bedside table if that was an issue!

anyway just a thought!

B&B

Edited by happyaussies

There are two different shapes of inside cabin. Some are slightly wider than other and this is what we have had. If the cabin is made up with a queen size bed the bedside table goes on the side wall (same side as the main wardrobe). This bedside table is made as one unit and can't be split into two llike the P&O ones can. There is not a lot of room for the person on the side where the bedside table is to get past the bottom corner of the bed. On the other side of the bed there isn't much room to walk crab-like past the bed. There is much, much more room in the cabin if made up as twin beds.

On one cruise we had a four-berth inside cabin and this wasn't any different because the two extra bunks were recessed into the ceiling.

On the cabins that are slightly narrower and longer, there is even less room to have a queen size bed.

We haven't tried putting the bed side-ways, but I'll have to admit we did that on a P&O ship and just smiled apologetically at our cabin steward and told him that we had moved things around a bit.

Edited by Aus Traveller

AGREE twin beds fit best in an inside cabin but has anyone tried a queen being put against the opposite wall pushed at a right angle into the corner yet?

Admittedly one person would have to climb over the bed to get their side but then there would be room I think for a bedside table if that was an issue!

anyway just a thought!

B&B

only thing with doing that is the cabin steward has to make the bed and change the sheets

Dawn and Sun Princess don't have any 4 berth insides. Is Sea princess different?

going by the deck plan deck 8 will accommodate 3rd/4th person

also on deck 11 and deck 10 they have 10 balcony cabins that can take 3-4 person plus these balcony cabins the bottom bunks cannot be moved to make a queen bed

going by the deck plan deck 8 will accommodate 3rd/4th person

also on deck 11 and deck 10 they have 10 balcony cabins that can take 3-4 person plus these balcony cabins the bottom bunks cannot be moved to make a queen bed

Insides on deck 8 only have the triangle, which means third person only, not 4 people.

There are outsides that cater for 4, but no insides on the other 2 ships.

Dawn and Sun Princess don't have any 4 berth insides. Is Sea princess different?

Don't know if you are looking for a 4 berth cabin - but we had two by 2 berth cabins for ourselves and two grandchildren booked on the Dawn Princess - (Xmas 2013/2014) then I spotted the 4 berth outside - restricted view (lifeboats) - mid/aft deck 8. I did the sums - and it is cheaper than two cabins on Deck 11 Front of the ship - (which we originally had) - so I have made the change. I was originally put off with the $3, 000 something per person for four berth - but then checked it out - and the 3rd and 4th person are cheaper - thus making the cabin cost cheaper than the two cabins. Saving of $880.00 for us.

Hope I'm not drifting off topic :o

Insides on deck 8 only have the triangle, which means third person only, not 4 people.

There are outsides that cater for 4, but no insides on the other 2 ships.

yes big m you are correct

Edited by rkmw

Have done 38 nights in inside cabin on Sea Princess recommend you go for single bed set up, then you have some floor space and the bedside cupboard goes between the beds, incidentally have since had balcony cabins on Sun Princess and there is more storage and a bigger (slightly) bathroom in the inside cabins, but of course no outside view. Had queen bed on Oriana in window cabin and had to keep squeezing round the bed and not much room for getting dressed so changed to single beds and it seemed almost spacious!!

Have done 38 nights in inside cabin on Sea Princess recommend you go for single bed set up, then you have some floor space and the bedside cupboard goes between the beds, incidentally have since had balcony cabins on Sun Princess and there is more storage and a bigger (slightly) bathroom in the inside cabins, but of course no outside view. Had queen bed on Oriana in window cabin and had to keep squeezing round the bed and not much room for getting dressed so changed to single beds and it seemed almost spacious!!

Yes, it was very noticeable to us too, that the bathrooms on the SeaP insides were larger than the balcony ones. We had queen config, on inside, and were quite comfortable with it. Plenty of room between end of bed and bathroom 'wall' for dressing etc. I did like all the cupboard space and drawers.

we did 46 nights on Sun Princess in inside cabin with the queen bed (P318 I think) and 13 nights on Sea P in Dec in D744 with queen bed. 1st time bed was pushed to wardrobe side and drawers were on the other side. Hubby used to just climb into bed on the wardrobe side with no problems. In Dec we had the drawers on wardrobe side with small gap to get around bed and I had small gap on the other side of the bed to get around - no problem unless you maybe have a disability.

• 3 years later...

An old thread, but thinking about booking an inside cabin on this ship, always gone Balcony on the 2 cruise we have been on, Celebrity Solstice and Radiance of the Seas but we never seemed to spend much time on the Balcony or in the cabin for that matter so this time im thinking what’s the point.

Insides I guess are exactly the same just don’t have a view but are they noisier or any other considerations I should be aware of?

Going on the fact that you posted on a thread about the Sea Princess, I assume you are planning a cruise on that ship, or maybe one of her sisters (Dawn or Sun P).

The inside cabins are no noisier than other cabins. Try to choose one with cabins above. The insides on deck 5 are in a quiet area and close to the restaurants, disembarkation and the purser's desk. They are only two decks below the entertainment rooms. If you want to go to the buffet or the pool area, it is quite a walk or you can take the lift.

Surprisingly, we noticed that the bathrooms on the inside cabins are a bit larger than on the balcony cabins.

We also find that if the cabin is made up with two single beds there is around twice the usable spare floor area than when it had a queen size bed. With the queen configuration, there is a strip of floor down each side of the bed that is not very usable.

I suggest you choose a cabin that does not have the symbol showing that it can accommodate three of four people. Some of these cabins have top beds that fold down from the side walls. They stick out about 25cm (guessing with that measurement) and get in the way whether you have a queen size bed or two singles. Some cabins have these extra beds in the ceiling and they do not get in the way, but I don't have a list of which cabins have the wall-mounted beds and which don't. It is best to avoid these 3 or 4 bed cabins.