Disembarkation Golden Princess San Pedro

Babs02

How late can we stay on the ship after docking?

On previous cruises we have stayed on deck till about 10am can we stay on board this late/later or not.

We have a 4pm flight. Need to be at LAX at 1pm.

Princess do not appear to offer any 1/2 day trips & transfer to LAX.

We have booked execucar to the port but not sure what time return pick up to book, or do something else.

You are asked to vacate your cabin by 8am so the stewards can prepare for the next passengers. When you board a Princess ship, all cabins are ready and you can go directly to your cabin upon boarding. No waiting. The downside is that they ask you to vacate your cabin. To me, it's a fair trade as most of the time, I'm ready to leave by then.

You will most likely be assigned a disembarkation time of 8:30am-9:00am. In my experience in San Pedro, the vast majority of passengers are off by 9:00am and almost all off by 9:30am. You might be able to get off later but your luggage will have been put in a holding bin by then. If you do self-disembarkation, you'll be among the first off the ship.

You might consider renting a car in San Pedro and returning it at LAX. Enterprise has an office just down the street from the cruise terminal. That way, you have the flexibility to go where you want and do what you want to do before going to LAX. If Princess offers "EZ Check" and your airline participates, you'd pay $20/pp and Princess will check you in for your flight and print your luggage tags and boarding passes. You put your luggage out the night before disembarkation and you'll see it next at your flight destination. That way, if you want to do something in or near LA, you're luggage-free.

On previous cruises we have stayed on deck till about 10am can we stay on board this late/later or not.

We have booked execucar to the port but not sure what time return pick up to book, or do something else.

They may show 10:00 AM as the latest disembarkation time but they often want you off the ship by 9:30 at the latest. I checked a Golden Princess February cruise and they were showing a five hour debark tour "Long Beach on Your Own". The tour ended at LAX and was for people with flights after 3:30 PM. Check with Princess as they might offer something similar for your cruise.

I just checked our Island Princess cruise arriving in LA on January 23rd. The tour is not shown in our Personalizer but is shown as an option if you just look at the cruise.

Some of the dis embarkation tours can only be bought on board not advance . In FLL I tried to pre booked ( also called Princess) and was told tours on dis embarkation day are only bookable on board.

Thanks for the replies. Checked with Princess they don't recommend tours on last day unless flights are in evening, ie check in after 3.30pm.

Will have to look into private tours or rent a car. Don't really want to spend 5 hours at airport, even if we get off ship at 10am. Its still a long wait.

Thanks for the replies. Checked with Princess they don't recommend tours on last day unless flights are in evening, ie check in after 3.30pm.

Will have to look into private tours or rent a car. Don't really want to spend 5 hours at airport, even if we get off ship at 10am. Its still a long wait.

Sunseeker tours may have something that interests you. They will drop you and your luggage off at LAX. I believe they have four and eight hour tours.

http://www.sunseekertours.us/

If you decide to do LA on your own, please keep in mind that it is not an easy city to get around in. Also it is possible to hit a traffic jam at any time day or night, and I mean any time. Heading north from San Pedro you have several beach communities that could be pleseant to visit and have a nice lunch overlooking the ocean. One last note, LAX is also a busy airport and large so give yourself enough time there.

Just got back from Hawaii on the Golden. Disembarkation was as effortless as can be.

Got off at 9:15. Went from the dining room to our cabin to pick up our carryon bags and

about 3 other shopping bags. Went from there right to the exit on deck 7. No lines until

we reached customs and immigration. New procedure regarding declaration forms. You

give the forms to the same agent who checks your passport.

Beware, at LA there is only one elevator to go to lower level. There was quite a line to

get the elevator.

Greg

Archived