Rome in Limo or Tour of Italy? Which would you choose?

scarlett19

I am trying to decide which tour operator to use for a Tour of Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. Does anyone have any experience with either company?

Thank you.

We used them on 2 different tours, The Amalfi coast and another one in Rome. Both were excellent. Out of your two choices, I would go with the Amalfi Coast, just a great drive and tour. To me, Pompei was more of a stop and walk around for a few hours. In which case I'd pass on the Rome in Limo tour and look for a cheaper choice there.

Rome in Limo has provided fantastic service for us on several occasions. Jany is prompt at answering your email requests and their drivers are very knowledgeable. We used them in 2010 and 2012 with excellent satisfaction.

We used Your Tour in Italy for a full-day private tour from Livorno. I know they also offer tours from Civitavecchia and Naples. It was a pleasure to work with Aldo and Andreina and our friends on the tour thought our guide was just outstanding. I requested quotes from multiple vendors before choosing them and found their prices to be very competitive.

Another vote for Rome in Limo! We used them for our pre-cruise Rome stay transports, post-cruise, and also for tours, including a day trip from Rome to Pompeii/Herculaneum/Sorrento. Wonderful trip! Also, you may want to think about getting a guide at the sites unless you do well using a guidebook. Otherwise, you may not fully understand all you are seeing.

Another Rome In Limo supporter here. Have used them in Rome and Naples on two different cruises for a multitude of tours and all were great....no question that we will contact them again when we are in Italy again, hopefully SOON!!:D

RIL just seems to go "the extra mile" to ensure that your tour is the best it can be and we've never been disappointed. Also the person that handles all their reservations and inquiries, Jany, is excellent and will help in whatever way she can. I highly recommend them.

If looking for more reviews check them out on TripAdvisor, the reviews there are just as good as here.....hard to find someone who doesn't rave about their service.

• 2 weeks later...

I would highly recommend booking a private guide for Pompeii as most tour companies drop you off at Pompeii and then are waiting for you after your visit. I did not expect to be really impressed with Pompeii but was Amazed! We booked our guide through Rome in Limo (our tour Co) but we paid our guide cash (divided by by our guests). Pompeii is great to see but there are so many details that could be overlooked if touring on your own. Everything from what they lived like to the brothels, baths, etc.... Loved it! We enjoyed some of the Almalfi Coast to Positano. One of the Favorite stops on our West Med Cruise. Enjoy :)

Archived