Jewel - Cabin 1056

gxchan

I'm booked b2b on Jewel for late Nov/early Dec and the first cabin I booked was under the cantilevered whirlpool which blocks sunlight on the balcony, so I moved to cabin 1056. 1056 is above the WJ outside seating. This cabin has a larger balcony (which I use a lot) and is near mid-ship so it is attractive but I am concerned about the noise level. Anyone have cabins in this area and, if so, how noisy was the WJ outside seating?

Thanks!

Nice room, well laid out. I am a light sleeper though and the rolling carts used on the windjammer kept me awake at night. Don't know why they put the suites on deck ten!

Oh dear, I thought one would only hear the rolling carts if they were in the cabin below the WJ. How late did it go on?

The outdoor area shouldn't cause much problem...and it's right on the hump! Noise shouldn't be an issue and it's a very convenient location!

Yes, I love the location and being on the hump. I'm a pretty good sleeper but I hate being awoken early in the mornings, especially while on vacation. The cruises are port intensive, 6 ports in 7 days, so I expect if there is noise it may be early morning as people are getting ready to head off ship. I always bring earplugs in case of noise, never had to use them, but may find them useful on these cruises.

A thousand pardons...I just checked my travel folder and realized that I was in 1080, a junior suite that was under the actual windjammer. It was a great deal and only a hundred dollars more total than our original hump superior balcony. If I had paid more I would have been upset because the noise was a problem for me. You should be fine barring the occasional scraping back of chairs, etc. all things being equal I would prefer a hump cabin on 8 or 9.

A thousand pardons...I just checked my travel folder and realized that I was in 1080, a junior suite that was under the actual windjammer. It was a great deal and only a hundred dollars more total than our original hump superior balcony. If I had paid more I would have been upset because the noise was a problem for me. You should be fine barring the occasional scraping back of chairs, etc. all things being equal I would prefer a hump cabin on 8 or 9.

You are so sweet, thanks so much for checking. I usually book on deck 8 or 9 but there was only one other cabin available for both cruises, a connecting cabin which I wouldn't feel comfortable with. I think I'm going to love this cabin and I can't wait to sail on Jewel!

We did choose deck 8 or 9 to avoid being under the WJ or directly above the Safari lounge. When we stayed on 8, I can't say I noticed a ton of folks being rowdy there or anything like that, but it's more the noise of crew cleaning and setting up in the early AM that we were concerned about. I did do a search and read about people who had those cabins and had some concerns. They may have been light sleepers, but then so am I ;)

Deck 10 is below the WJ.

Hopefully that area would be quiet, but in 1580/1582 we heard A LOT of rolling carts. Not too loud, but unmistakable.

LOL, I shouldn't post when I'm sick, I just realized I said the cabin is above the WJ:o The cabin is below the entrance to the WJ outside seating area. I printed out the deck plans and the main WJ area is further back. I can't imagine there would be much cart traffic in that area, at least I hope not. Was the cart noise during the night or early morning?

Thanks!

I'm booked b2b on Jewel for late Nov/early Dec and the first cabin I booked was under the cantilevered whirlpool which blocks sunlight on the balcony, so I moved to cabin 1056. 1056 is above the WJ outside seating. This cabin has a larger balcony (which I use a lot) and is near mid-ship so it is attractive but I am concerned about the noise level. Anyone have cabins in this area and, if so, how noisy was the WJ outside seating?

Thanks!

Jewel doesn't have cantilevered whirlpools, but there is a deep overhang over many of the cabins. We are just off her and had cabin 1100 all the way aft under the outdoor section.. We've never had much noise from above before, but during the day we heard a lot - tables and chairs being moved plus lots of thumps that we think we from the bussing stations. But almost nothing at night.

The area you are under in 1056 is an overflow seating area, which wasn't as popular as the outdoor section, but will be if you have inclement weather. I think it's a good location, very close to the stairs. The centrum band shut down by 12:30 o n our cruise.

We are just off the Jewel and stayed in 1056. We heard no noise from above but you could hear the band in the Centrum at night.

Thank you! I'm glad you didn't get noise from above. I was going to ask how late the band played but see Critterchick noted the band stops at 12:30 which works for me. I've been following a review of Jewel that mentioned the aft balconies all have loungers. The balcony is larger for 1056, does it have loungers?

Jewel doesn't have cantilevered whirlpools, but there is a deep overhang over many of the cabins. We are just off her and had cabin 1100 all the way aft under the outdoor section.. We've never had much noise from above before, but during the day we heard a lot - tables and chairs being moved plus lots of thumps that we think we from the bussing stations. But almost nothing at night.

The area you are under in 1056 is an overflow seating area, which wasn't as popular as the outdoor section, but will be if you have inclement weather. I think it's a good location, very close to the stairs. The centrum band shut down by 12:30 o n our cruise.

For the life of me I couldn't recall seeing a cantilevered whirlpool when I sailed on Serenade but then I found a site on the internet that said there was one over my first cabin. When I called C&A the nice woman said yes there was one and she would be happy to move me and did to 1056. I sometimes forget that you can't believe everything on the internet or what you hear from C&A;)

I'm sorry you had noise during the day but am glad it didn't go on into the night. I knew from Serenade that the area above my cabin was overflow seating and there weren't many people using it on Serenade but I was more concerned with the the possibility of early morning setup/carts rolling, I'm just not an early riser when cruising.:)

Thanks for your help.

Thank you! I'm glad you didn't get noise from above. I was going to ask how late the band played but see Critterchick noted the band stops at 12:30 which works for me. I've been following a review of Jewel that mentioned the aft balconies all have loungers. The balcony is larger for 1056, does it have loungers?

I took a picture but can't get it uploaded . It has 2 loungers and a table and 2 chairs

For the life of me I couldn't recall seeing a cantilevered whirlpool when I sailed on Serenade but then I found a site on the internet that said there was one over my first cabin. When I called C&A the nice woman said yes there was one and she would be happy to move me and did to 1056. I sometimes forget that you can't believe everything on the internet or what you hear from C&A;)

I'm sorry you had noise during the day but am glad it didn't go on into the night. I knew from Serenade that the area above my cabin was overflow seating and there weren't many people using it on Serenade but I was more concerned with the the possibility of early morning setup/carts rolling, I'm just not an early riser when cruising.:)

Thanks for your help.

Yes - just to confirm from our experience on Jewel and Serenade there are no cantilevered whirlpools on the ship. They are only on Freedom and Oasis class ships. And I doubt the the noise level will be a concern - enjoy the balcony.

Archived