New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Does the alcohol package include everything that is in the Water package?

Also, if you end up changing your booking to another itinerary/date will this promotion transfer? Is the promotion tied to the booking number?

No it does not include everything in the Premium water package. It does not include evian nor sparkling water. It only includes their lower brand bottled still water. However if you upgrade to the premium liquor package for an additional $10/day it will.

No - the package doesn't get switched to another booking/itinerary nor even apply if you ask for a price discount or cabin upgrade that applies after the promotion is over (at least that's what my TA told me).

I booked the 12 night Celebrity Equinox Med cruise last night at 6 pm. This morning I realize the price drops over $800. I call my TA and they try to have the price adjusted. Celebrity tells him that he can cancel and rebook the cruise but I would not be able to keep the 123 Go deal. I can go on the website right now and book the same cruise, same category that I have reserved now and get the deal. I am furious. It was less than 24 hours. So I call. After calling and being told there is nothing she can do, I insist that there must be something, that I am a loyal customer, Select and moving up, please help me. And after telling me that they monitor the canceling and rebooking, (like I am some kind of scam artist) she asks her manager what she can do. They offer me the price match guarantee 110% shipboard credit of the difference. I don't want a $900 ship board credit, I want to be treated fairly and get the price it is today and the 123 Go deal.

And now what happens if the it drops again? This just isn't right.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any suggestions? I am really considering canceling this cruise and shopping elsewhere. :mad:

Edited by yvonneh

I just booked a 123 promotion for early next year for a two-week Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse. We took the drink packages.

I asked my TA to upgrade from the Classic Drink Package to the Premium Drink package, which I understand you can do for $10/person/day.

TA told me that when booking, Celebrity agent reported that it had to be done onboard.

Is this true? I don't want to be stuck with a Classic Drink Package--and want to make sure we are upgraded to a Premium Drink Package.

How do I do it? Can I call Celebrity and do it myself, or does my TA have to do it because I booked through a TA? When do you pay for upgrade--when you request upgrade or just before the cruise? When must you do the upgrade--now or later?

I think my TA may have got bad information from a Celebrity agent who did not know what they were talking about. Should I just call Celebrity myself and try to sort it out?

What have other people done?

Edited by TorontoSailor

I booked the 12 night Celebrity Equinox Med cruise last night at 6 pm. This morning I realize the price drops over $800. I call my TA and they try to have the price adjusted. Celebrity tells him that he can cancel and rebook the cruise but I would not be able to keep the 123 Go deal. I can go on the website right now and book the same cruise, same category that I have reserved now and get the deal. I am furious. It was less than 24 hours. So I call. After calling and being told there is nothing she can do, I insist that there must be something, that I am a loyal customer, Select and moving up, please help me. And after telling me that they monitor the canceling and rebooking, (like I am some kind of scam artist) she asks her manager what she can do. They offer me the price match guarantee 110% shipboard credit of the difference. I don't want a $900 ship board credit, I want to be treated fairly and get the price it is today and the 123 Go deal.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Any suggestions? I am really considering canceling this cruise and shopping elsewhere. :mad:

This doesn't sound right at all as lots of people are getting adjustments and changes to bookings - at least in the USA. The only reason you wouldn't be able to get the price adjusted is if your cruise is after final payment. Frankly I think either one of two things is happening: (1) your TA is not doing their job or (2) The price is a promotional price which does not qualify for the 1-2-3 special.

What I would do in your situation is: First, make the new booking now direct with Celebrity. After everything is done and you've got a confirmation showing the price and the 1-2-3 promotion I'd cancel the cruise with the TA. No reason doing business with them if they can't do their job and provide the service to you. If your Equinox Med cruise is still before final payment you should have no issues cancelling with a full refund. Do note that some TA's charge their own cacellation fee seperate from Celerbity and given your issues it wouldn't surprise me if your TA does.

Edited by Lsimon

I just booked a 123 promotion for early next year for a two-week Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse. We took the drink packages.

I asked my TA to upgrade from the Classic Drink Package to the Premium Drink package, which I understand you can do for $10/person/day.

TA told me that when booking, Celebrity agent reported that it had to be done onboard.

Is this true? I don't want to be stuck with a Classic Drink Package--and want to make sure we are upgraded to a Premium Drink Package.

How do I do it? Can I call Celebrity and do it myself, or does my TA have to do it because I booked through a TA? When do you pay for upgrade--when you request upgrade or just before the cruise? When must you do the upgrade--now or later?

I think my TA may have got bad information from a Celebrity agent who did not know what they were talking

about. Should I just call Celebrity myself and try to sort it out?

What have other people done?

Your TA is wrong we are cruising in Feb & upgraded to the Premium package as soon as we took the 123 go, I would make sure you have it before you cruise. We were advised that since we were cruising in Feb they may not charge us until we are onboard, if we do not pay it ahead of time it would be on our onboard account. You would have to do it through you TA.

Edited by If only

My understanding is you have to confirm you want the upgrade during the 123 Go promotion but that you don't have to pay for it until you are on board, or you can pay before if you want. The upgrade has to be done through your TA. We can't pay the upgrade yet (we tried) as it isn't technically on our account, but our TA has confirmed the free classic package with the upgrade to Premium has been noted on our booking. Our invoices show WAV7-PREM BEV.

The upgrade fee works out to $11.50 per person per day, so for 2 weeks you should have to pay a total of $322 for the upgrade. ($10 plus $1.5 gratuity)

Need read the fine print

On A Transatlantic, on the Silhouette , I book an A1 for $999, with $500 of obc

Today a c1 is $809, I phoned celebrity today to see if I can get the $809 rate and 123 promo

The fine print said this $809 rate is a weekend special promo and cannot be combined with another promo

Also for me to change my sailing to one with a 123 promo, I would have to pay $2200 for A1

This doesn't sound right at all as lots of people are getting adjustments and changes to bookings - at least in the USA. The only reason you wouldn't be able to get the price adjusted is if your cruise is after final payment. Frankly I think either one of two things is happening: (1) your TA is not doing their job or (2) The price is a promotional price which does not qualify for the 1-2-3 special.

What I would do in your situation is: First, make the new booking now direct with Celebrity. After everything is done and you've got a confirmation showing the price and the 1-2-3 promotion I'd cancel the cruise with the TA. No reason doing business with them if they can't do their job and provide the service to you. If your Equinox Med cruise is still before final payment you should have no issues cancelling with a full refund. Do note that some TA's charge their own cacellation fee seperate from Celerbity and given your issues it wouldn't surprise me if your TA does.

Thank you, Lsimon. I am well before my final payment. I do not understand why this price change cannot be adjusted, and not keep my 123 GO. It makes NO sense whatsoever to me. I don't want to lose the $350 OBC from my TA (AAA) so I am going to to give them until Tuesday and then I will do as you suggested. Yes, they have a fee for cancellation, but it's minimal.

I appreciate your insight. You have answered questions for me in the past, and I am grateful! Any other suggestions I would love to hear.

Will Celebrity honor the lowest price until the final payment, no matter how often you call to adjust it (without a TA)?

This may seem silly but I really just want the premium non-alcoholic, is there any way to do that instead? I don't drink and would rather have the things that come with the premium non-alcohol package. Celebrity told my TA that no substitutions were allowed, you would think if it was for a cheaper package that it would be possible.:confused:

My understanding is you have to confirm you want the upgrade during the 123 Go promotion but that you don't have to pay for it until you are on board, or you can pay before if you want. The upgrade has to be done through your TA. We can't pay the upgrade yet (we tried) as it isn't technically on our account, but our TA has confirmed the free classic package with the upgrade to Premium has been noted on our booking. Our invoices show WAV7-PREM BEV.

The upgrade fee works out to $11.50 per person per day, so for 2 weeks you should have to pay a total of $322 for the upgrade. ($10 plus $1.5 gratuity)

This is exactly the same information I got when I called TA and booked the 123 and upgraded to the Premium at that time. My invoice also shows Beverage Package Wave- Premium Pkg. My TA also told me that Celebrity said the amount would not show up on our invoice until after the promotion was over.

This may seem silly but I really just want the premium non-alcoholic, is there any way to do that instead? I don't drink and would rather have the things that come with the premium non-alcohol package. Celebrity told my TA that no substitutions were allowed, you would think if it was for a cheaper package that it would be possible.:confused:

Hi Wednesday,

I asked this question when the promotion began, and was told it was not possible. Of course, you can always ask when onboard. Wish I had better news for you.

I read through the 1-2-3 promotion information given to us onboard last week. It says you can contact Celebrity to upgrade to the premium package. It also says that it will be placed on your account and if you do not pay for it prior to the cruise that it will added to your onboard account for payment. It doesn't say one way or the other whether you have to select the upgrade before you cruise but if you think you want it, I'd do it before the deadline for the promotion which has been extending until Feb. 18th.

Wednesday ~ you would be better off taking the On-Board credit offered as part of the 1-2-3 promotion and then purchasing whatever non-alcoholic beverage package you like once you board. That's my suggestion any way.

Hi Yvonneh,

Sorry to hear of your frustration. As usual, Lsimon offered excellent advice. Many members have reported success adding 123 GO to their bookings... as long as they agree to pay the prevailing Five Star rate, and forfeit any prior Celebrity promotions associated with their booking.

Are you certain the newly reduced price is a "Five Star" rate ? If it's a special fare such as a resident or senior rate, that's why you are being denied.

As LSimon mentioned, have you considered calling Celebrity ? Perhaps you might try to place a new booking. See if you can obtain the reduced price and the 123 GO offer ? If you are successful, it tells you where the problem is.

I hope you will return, and let us know what happens. Good Luck !

I read through the 1-2-3 promotion information given to us onboard last week. It says you can contact Celebrity to upgrade to the premium package. It also says that it will be placed on your account and if you do not pay for it prior to the cruise that it will added to your onboard account for payment. It doesn't say one way or the other whether you have to select the upgrade before you cruise but if you think you want it, I'd do it before the deadline for the promotion which has been extending until Feb. 18th.

Hi Host Anne,

I've heard conflicting answers on whether a Guest will be able to upgrade to premium when onboard. As I've mentioned elsewhere on this thread, (and I totally agree with you), that if anyone desires the premium upgrade, I'd add it to your booking before the promotion ends. To me, it doesn't make sense to wait beyond the offer, and then *possibly* find out the upgrade is no longer available. Besides, it's your vacation. Who needs the hassle ? :)

If I hear anything further on this item, I will post again.

Edited by Host Andy

Darned Search tool is not showing up!

I have forgotten how much the deposit for a balcony cabin is regularly on a 7 day cruise. Can someone help me, please?

Thanks. I think I need a vacation!

Hi Sheffie,

It's $250 per person. I hope this helps !

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but Celebrity has sweetened the 123 GO! offer, with a 50% reduced deposit offer. I hope this is helpful !

Here's the fine print from the email I received.

50% Reduced Deposit Offer applies to new individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposits begin Jan 16, 2013. Reduced deposit is not applicable to groups. Reduced deposit must be paid by Jan 27, 2013. To redeem using celebrity.com, proceed to the Payment page, select “Other” in the deposit field and enter 50% off the deposit amount.

Has anyone actually tried this? I get to the payment screen, select other and type in $250.00, which is half the minimum deposit. I just keep getting an error that it must be greater than or equal to the minimum...

Has anyone actually tried this? I get to the payment screen, select other and type in $250.00, which is half the minimum deposit. I just keep getting an error that it must be greater than or equal to the minimum...

Hi Anjnshelly,

I have not tried booking online, but I'm not totally surprised to hear it's not working properly. For now, I believe you can do a courtesy hold. I suggest either calling Celebrity and booking direct, or contact their web support team at 1-800-722-5941.

I hope this helps !

Hi Wednesday,

I asked this question when the promotion began, and was told it was not possible. Of course, you can always ask when onboard. Wish I had better news for you.

Thanks! We just rebooked because the rate for our cabin went down $400.00 pp. We had to give up the $1,000 OBC for the 1-2-3 deal. We have been planning on buying non-alcoholic packages so the best deal for us would be to choose the drink package and OBC combo but I want to get the fancy (last page) coffee drinks and be insured that I can get the fancy virgin drinks. I just wish they took into consideration those of us that don't drink.:( I am still saving a couple hundred so I guess I should be happy about that.

It's not a problem when you get on board just ask the

Bar Steward to upgrade it to the premium package.

You will just be charged $10 per day plus 15%

Added to our sea pass account.

Don't worry.

And what do you base that on?? Others on here have stated they are NOT sure if that is possible. My TA (and she could be wrong) stated it had to be done before the promotion ended. If your 100% certain, please leave the people asking this question your phone # and credit card info, so if you are mistaken, you can cover their expenses. So easy to say--don't worry--when posting on a forum,lol :D

Thanks! We just rebooked because the rate for our cabin went down $400.00 pp. We had to give up the $1,000 OBC for the 1-2-3 deal. We have been planning on buying non-alcoholic packages so the best deal for us would be to choose the drink package and OBC combo but I want to get the fancy (last page) coffee drinks and be insured that I can get the fancy virgin drinks. I just wish they took into consideration those of us that don't drink.:( I am still saving a couple hundred so I guess I should be happy about that.

??

1-2-3.

Two of the three options are in consideration of those that do not drink, so your wish has already been answered.