New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

The 123 Advertisement is misleading if you don't read the fine print. I booked an Alaska cruise cat. 2B Veranda thinking I would get to choose one of the three offers, only to be told by my TA that even though it is a balcony cabin, it doesn't meet the price requirement?? Not a happy camper.

Ask the agent what type of fare they booked you at that doesn't qualify. If it is a special rate with air and/or hotel it will not qualify. Or, maybe they have some rates that are so cheap that the package would cost more than the cruise fare?

Edited by Jade13

So, just trying to figure out with this 123 package what we should do.

I don't drink alcohol at all, but my DH does. He loves the specialty beers and I love sparkling water, so in a perfect world (or cruise) the Premium Drink package would work for him and the Premium Non-Alcohol Package would work for me.

BUT since we both have to pick the same package, the Classic looks like the best compromise - no point in me paying for the Premium Alcohol package just to get sparking water, and he can "make do" with the cheaper beers.

What I would like to know though is this - does anyone know if mocktails or virgin drinks are allowed as part of the classic package? Like "virgin" pina coladas, etc? They are my favorite drinks at night so I feel like I have something special to drink onboard instead of just Diet Coke and water. What about club soda with a splash of cranberry juice? I would have been OK with sparkling water, but that's not included.

Does anyone know?

With 1-2-3 you don't really get to "pick" a package. The classic alcohol is included and you can upgrade to premium for $11.50 per person per day. So while you wouldn't buy the premium alcohol package for yourself regularly, the upgrade cost might make sense if there are items you want that aren't covered in the classic package.

Please inform what is the new end date to apply for 123GO

I know it was extended from the original date ...

thanks

peggy

As of now, the final day of the promotion is February 18th. I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

The 123 Advertisement is misleading if you don't read the fine print. I booked an Alaska cruise cat. 2B Veranda thinking I would get to choose one of the three offers, only to be told by my TA that even though it is a balcony cabin, it doesn't meet the price requirement?? Not a happy camper.

Did they tell you why ? If you have a rate other than a Five Star or GroupX rate, you would not qualify for 123 GO. If you have any special rates, such as resident, senior or Guarantee (GTY) pricing, they do not qualify. Also, if you desire 123 GO, and if you currently have any other Celebrity promotions, they would be removed, and you must pay today's price.

If you believe you do not fall into any of the above, I suggest contacting your TA, and ask for an explanation as to why you do not qualify. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

There was discussion earlier about getting it confirmed on your Guest copy of the reservation.

However, I got the guest copy and it still doesn't appear. It was booked a few weeks ago. The TA said it's fine and just due to the backlog. Does it take time to flow through to the guest copy as well?

DH just asked me if there was a limit on the free drink package per person, per day. I said that I didn't think so. However, I started thinking about the value mentioned in the promo. It's up to $88 a day. Divide that by 2 and it's $44 a day per person. If I were to drink all glasses of wine valued at $8 a glass, that's only 5.5 drinks a day. More than plenty of alcohol for me, but may not be for someone else. I could get an OJ, a specialty coffee, a bottled water, a frozen drink , and top it off with a glass of wine at dinner, and that would be the limit based on the package value.

Virga - Was your package unlimited or limited?

I emailed my TA about upgrading the classic to premium package

I have the Wave Promo listed on my reservation

The TA emailed me back that I should do that on the ship on the first day:confused:

Hi Airbalancer,

Purchasing it onboard shouldn't be a problem, but the TA should be able to take care of it for you. We've seen many reports of Guests making the add-on via their TA's. If they refuse to do it, I suppose there's not much you can do, other than express your disappointment, and consider using another TA next time.

Edited by Host Andy

There was discussion earlier about getting it confirmed on your Guest copy of the reservation.

However, I got the guest copy and it still doesn't appear. It was booked a few weeks ago. The TA said it's fine and just due to the backlog. Does it take time to flow through to the guest copy as well?

Hi The Big M,

It seems that way. Some folks have reported short delays, and others have reported substantial delays. I'm hearing the 123 GO promotion is in huge demand, and is probably why there's delays in processing the upgrade. If your TA is confident it's added, I wouldnt worry about it. If all else fails, you should be able to purchase the premium upgrade when onboard.

I hope this helps !

I emailed my TA about upgrading the classic to premium package

I have the Wave Promo listed on my reservation

The TA emailed me back that I should do that on the ship on the first day:confused:

I would do it now before the Promo expires. My TA said that Celebrity has repeatedly said that it has to be added now and then paid for by final payment. Even though there has been one report of doing it on the ship I wouldn't risk it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Christine Frances

I would do it now before the Promo expires. My TA said that Celebrity has repeatedly said that it has to be added now and then paid for by final payment. Even though there has been one report of doing it on the ship I wouldn't risk it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry Christine, but I believe your TA is mistaken. Celebrity has stated in their FAQ, that the premium upgrade can be added onboard. We also had a report, from a member who upgraded on Connie this week, with no major issues, other than a wait at Guest Relations.

With that said, I continue to recommend purchasing the premium upgrade while the promotion is ongoing, just so that you know it's taken care of.

This is from the FAQ : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1764876

Will Guests be able to upgrade to the premium package after the promotion ends ?

Yes, they can upgrade when they arrive on board, or any time during the cruise.

Will Guests be able to upgrade to the premium package onboard the ship ?

yes

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Everyone,

A heads up to our Celebrity Community...

I'm hearing the 123 GO promotion will end on 2/18. Of course, Celebrity can change their minds, but it seems there will not be a further extension. Makes sense, as the 2014/2015 deployments are beginning next month, and I'm guessing we might see another promotion at that time.

If you are on the fence about booking 123 GO, I recommend making your decision as soon as possible. With the strong demand, and long hold times on the phone (from what I've experienced)... I'd also suggest not waiting for the last day.

I hope this helps !

Hi Everyone,

A heads up to our Celebrity Community...

I'm hearing the 123 GO promotion will end on 2/18. Of course, Celebrity can change their minds, but it seems there will not be a further extension. Makes sense, as the 2014/2015 deployments are beginning next month, and I'm guessing we might see another promotion at that time.

If you are on the fence about booking 123 GO, I recommend making your decision as soon as possible. With the strong demand, and long hold times on the phone (from what I've experienced)... I'd also suggest not waiting for the last day.

I hope this helps !

Thanks Andy, you're the best.

Hi The Big M,

It seems that way. Some folks have reported short delays, and others have reported substantial delays. I'm hearing the 123 GO promotion is in huge demand, and is probably why there's delays in processing the upgrade. If your TA is confident it's added, I wouldnt worry about it. If all else fails, you should be able to purchase the premium upgrade when onboard.

I hope this helps !

Thanks Andy, but sorry my question was about the Classic element only, not the upgrade (which I haven't purchased). The package doesn't show up on my Guest copy, though the TA said it's just taking a while.

Does the basic package always appear soon on that confirmation?

Edited by The_Big_M

Hi Airbalancer,

Purchasing it onboard shouldn't be a problem, but the TA should be able to take care of it for you. We've seen many reports of Guests making the add-on via their TA's. If they refuse to do it, I suppose there's not much you can do, other than express your disappointment, and consider using another TA next time.

The main reason to pay early is to use my Canadian CC and get more travel points

On board we usually our US CC , no points, less problems with the exchange rate

I be

This is my first time using a US TA, may just stick with Celebrity next time as the only thing I got was $150 obc, just to sign me up as it was transfer sailing

My TA expressed that she had a long hold on Sunday when she changed my stateroom to a CC for our cruise this week. I am booking Alaska today. Hope she doesn't have to hold too long.

The main reason to pay early is to use my Canadian CC and get more travel points

On board we usually our US CC , no points, less problems with the exchange rate

I be

This is my first time using a US TA, may just stick with Celebrity next time as the only thing I got was $150 obc, just to sign me up as it was transfer sailing

Only $150 OBC. :eek: That's wonderful!