Carnival bacon

skyeman27

There is nothing more important than bacon, and my ability to have as much as I want, preferably crispy. Just as I can't imagine anyone drinking more than fifteen drinks a day, some may be surprised to know that I am capable of eating fifteen pieces of bacon in a day without anyone being able to tell :)

I could probably drink 15 drinks in one day and after that I would probably think that you couldn't tell. You however might have a slightly different opinion.

Everyone likes bacon!

My cat really loves bacon (hates fish, chicken and turkey), she also loves hot pepper cheese (doesn't like regular cheese). They say that we are a lot like the animals that we keep. So, okay, I'm probably strange.

Our last 2 cruises have been on Carnival, Dream 10/20/12 and Liberty 12/1/12. On both cruises Carnival was serving the most nastiest, greasiest, stuck together bacon I have ever tasted. Is Carnival still serving this bacon that I have described?

I was on the Dec 1, Liberty cruise and I did notice that the bacon was very greasy and they had someone rationing it out like it was gourmet.:eek:

Just curious, is the purpose of the flat egg omelet to keep the over easy eggs warm a little longer? Or do you eat them all? If so, you must love eggs as much as I love crispy bacon! :)

The omelet and eggs over get done about the same time, both are very warm when I get to my table. Because I don't get the nasty bacon, I make up for it with extra eggs. The eggs over makes a great topping for the omelet. Breakfast is my favorite meal as it is with many people. Also get coffee and 3 croissants via room service to start the day before going to the buffet. Room service is a great perk...I diet and lose 5 pounds before every cruise and at the end of the cruise I have gained it back...

I was on the Dec 1, Liberty cruise and I did notice that the bacon was very greasy and they had someone rationing it out like it was gourmet.:eek:

They aren't rationing it....... you can have as much as you like.

I really love the carving station Carnival has on the buffet line .The only problem I saw was for four of the seven nights there was nothing there to carve. And please don't forget the cut up hot dogs and pork and beans on the breakfast buffet .WOW what a dish must be a Northern dish . Yep it's back to Royal for me . Happy trails Walmart (Carnival)

They'll give you as much bacon as you want. I like my bacon very crisp (so it shatters with a fork, LOL), and they rarely have that, however they've happily dug up some good crisy strips up for me.

I think the "bacon police" is a great idea...I'm sure it helps not only eliminate all the waste, but keeps the line moving more quickly.

Just off Princess a couple weeks ago , This was how the bacon was cook ,There was a huge pile very little grease , and no bacon police

Bacon isn't any more expensive than sausage is and there are no sausage police. I believe the bacon police are there only because people will take forever to find "just the right piece" which will slow down the lines horrendously. As many have pointed out they will give you all of the bacon that you want if you ask for it. (And I agree with those who have said that CCL's bacon isn't the greatest, I stopped taking any after the third day.)

Ya don't have to have sausage police when they are serving up Oscar Meyer weiners.

When the Oscar Meyer wieners are left overs from the grill, they become sausage the next morning...

I did notice that the station that was labeled "pork sausage" seemed to change selection daily. One morning, I took several only to find out when I bit into them that they were indeed hot dogs. Needless to say, they were left uneaten on the table.

This IS the best thread everrrrrrrr!

Another reason they don't need to monitor the sausage - the previous poster is correct. Once cut open, look at the sausage interior. It seems more like sage-flavored oatmeal than actual ground meat.

I know how to make it better.

When life gives you greasy bacon, make greasy-baconade! :)

There is nothing more important than bacon, and my ability to have as much as I want, preferably crispy. Just as I can't imagine anyone drinking more than fifteen drinks a day, some may be surprised to know that I am capable of eating fifteen pieces of bacon in a day without anyone being able to tell. :)

That's my thought!! On our Voyager of the Seas cruise, they ran out of bacon two days early! Of all things to run out of, that was the worst!

That's my thought!! On our Voyager of the Seas cruise, they ran out of bacon two days early! Of all things to run out of, that was the worst!

No wonder! It sticks so folks are having to take more than they even want/can eat! :rolleyes:

Does seem they would know this. No bacon ... too bad so sad!

LuLu

~~~

Love the bacon and have never had a problem getting as much as I want the way I want it. Love Crispy BLTs from RS.

I got my BLT on white bread, not toasted! Yuck!

In the MDR I asked for 1 slice of bacon and got 3. on Lido it's hard to find one that's crispy.

Archived