Carnival bacon

skyeman27

If there were microwaves in cabins I would bring my own bacon. Also, see the thread 'Tuna fish' on the HAL board...

Just pack your own microwave like I do.

I like Carnival's tuna salad. I always thought it was so dumb to be on a cruise and eat a tuna sandwich but they're good!

The sausage is gross and so is what they call tater tots. Much prefer hash browns.

On the last cruise a new guy was at the omelet station. I asked for an egg over easy. They are already out of the shell in small bowls. He had the pan scaling hot with smoke rising. He poured in so little egg he had to put more in so part was already ready to flip when he added more. He broke the yolk and burned the egg. Next time I asked the experienced guy to do it and to please teach the guy how to do something so simple.

Maybe he's the guy making the bacon....

I really love the carving station Carnival has on the buffet line .The only problem I saw was for four of the seven nights there was nothing there to carve. And please don't forget the cut up hot dogs and pork and beans on the breakfast buffet .WOW what a dish must be a Northern dish . Yep it's back to Royal for me . Happy trails Walmart (Carnival)

Don't let the weiner hit you on the way out.

These weren't being used as sausage because they were in baked beans.....,for breakfast.

Baked beans are a breakfast staple in the UK. I could see serving them on a cruise departing from the East Coast as you could potentially have a large number of UK cruisers. A lot of the breakfast buffets in Orlando serve baked beans in the morning due to the high number of UK visitors to Disney and Universal.

Baked beans are a breakfast staple in the UK. I could see serving them on a cruise departing from the East Coast as you could potentially have a large number of UK cruisers. A lot of the breakfast buffets in Orlando serve baked beans in the morning due to the high number of UK visitors to Disney and Universal.

I've noticed the beans. The other thing that I've noticed a lot of on cruise ships and even at the breakfast buffet in a hotel in Barcelona was tomatoes. Both fresh and baked or fried. Not something that I would ever eat for breakfast. But, take that tomato and make it into Pico De Gallo, now you have something that I need for breakfast.

Do the Uk cruisers also like left over wieners in their baked beans or just a side of baked beans?

That will be one bowl of beans for breakfast hold the wiener pleeeeze .

A spot of tea and crumpets would do also or maybe kidney pie .

The only food that my mother severed that I absolutely could not eat was kidney pie. Trust me, I eat almost anything. Sashimi please?

That was next to the deep fried hard boiled eggs we saw a couple of cruises ago :)

Maybe those were Scotch eggs, boiled eggs wrapped in sausage, coated and deep fried? I have never seen those on Carnival but would love to. Lucky you!

;)

That was next to the deep fried hard boiled eggs we saw a couple of cruises ago :)

Maybe those were Scotch eggs, boiled eggs wrapped in sausage, coated and deep fried? I have never seen those on Carnival but would love to. Lucky you!

;)

Do the Uk cruisers also like left over wieners in their baked beans or just a side of baked beans?

The wiener thing has me a bit puzzled too. I've seen beans, and beans with sausages at places catering to UK guests, but never the beans with wieners. Either someone is hoping they won't notice or care, or it's meant to be a dish catering to kids who don't want traditional breakfast food.

;)

Thats what someone on here told me they were but their was no sausage or meat.It was a breaded deep fried hard boiled egg.Not the best thing I ever had

The bacon is always crispy on the BLT's from room service so I don't see why its not on the lido. I don't really eat much of it but it is nice to have it cooked when I do want to eat it. Kinda along the same lines as their Cheese Cake is horrible to me, it is always warm and just doesn't have the right consistency that I am used to. Oh well... I won't starve :)

The wiener thing has me a bit puzzled too. I've seen beans, and beans with sausages at places catering to UK guests, but never the beans with wieners. Either someone is hoping they won't notice or care, or it's meant to be a dish catering to kids who don't want traditional breakfast food.

Hate to say it, certainly not a nice holiday dish but beans & wieners is an actual dish in the US. Google "beanie weenie" and you will come up with many hits for recipes, images of canned beans etc.

The bacon is always crispy on the BLT's from room service so I don't see why its not on the lido. I don't really eat much of it but it is nice to have it cooked when I do want to eat it. Kinda along the same lines as their Cheese Cake is horrible to me, it is always warm and just doesn't have the right consistency that I am used to. Oh well... I won't starve :)

I don't like the cheese cake I've had in the MDR, but I thought the room service cheese cake was fairly good. It's square is the only odd thing. Have you tried it?

Our last 2 cruises have been on Carnival, Dream 10/20/12 and Liberty 12/1/12. On both cruises Carnival was serving the most nastiest, greasiest, stuck together bacon I have ever tasted. Is Carnival still serving this bacon that I have described?

Google "bacon ends".

Speaking of pork. I wish Carnival and the other cruise lines would serve pork roll (Taylor Ham) as part of their breakfast menu. They would definitely have to police it out. Would love to be able to get a pork roll, egg & cheese sandwich on ships...

Archived