Carnival bacon

skyeman27

Our last 2 cruises have been on Carnival, Dream 10/20/12 and Liberty 12/1/12. On both cruises Carnival was serving the most nastiest, greasiest, stuck together bacon I have ever tasted. Is Carnival still serving this bacon that I have described?

Our last 2 cruises have been on Carnival, Dream 10/20/12 and Liberty 12/1/12. On both cruises Carnival was serving the most nastiest, greasiest, stuck together bacon I have ever tasted. Is Carnival still serving this bacon that I have described?

Yes, they are. :eek:

Yep.....and they still dole it out a couple of pieces at a time.

Oh never mind I see you we're on the same cruise as me in October....:p. As you could tell the bacon police were out in force......lol

I saw a lot of cutbacks on that cruise. Too bad corporate is making these kind of decisions just trying to save a buck. We are going on the Facination in 3 weeks and will take one more before the end of the year to get Platinum but am going to go back to Royal for awhile. Yes it costs more but I'm of the opinion that I will get what I pay for.

Yep.....and they still dole it out a couple of pieces at a time.

Oh never mind I see you we're on the same cruise as me in October....:p. As you could tell the bacon police were out in force......lol

I saw a lot of cutbacks on that cruise. Too bad corporate is making these kind of decisions just trying to save a buck. We are going on the Facination in 3 weeks and will take one more before the end of the year to get Platinum but am going to go back to Royal for awhile. Yes it costs more but I'm of the opinion that I will get what I pay for.

The only time I saw anyone doling out the bacon was if the buffet was busy. No line= no bacon police.

The only time I saw anyone doling out the bacon was if the buffet was busy. No line= no bacon police.

Then you weren't on our October20th cruise because it was doled out every single morning. Im sure it's because of all people who constantly feel the need to take a lot more they intend to eat. Wasn't a biggie for us...but it was definitely being done.

I will always remember that entire cruise since we rode back to PC a day late courtesy of Hurricane Sandy.........:eek:

A crew member was doling out bacon on our last Carnival cruise. It doesn't bother me that they do this. If I wanted bacon I usually had 4 slices so if he gave me 2 I just politely asked for 2 more and he gave them to me. No big deal. I always hated seeing people put a huge pile of bacon on their plate, and not eat it all. Such a waste, so I sure don't blame them for not letting people get their own anymore.

They'll give you as much bacon as you want. I like my bacon very crisp (so it shatters with a fork, LOL), and they rarely have that, however they've happily dug up some good crisy strips up for me.

I think the "bacon police" is a great idea...I'm sure it helps not only eliminate all the waste, but keeps the line moving more quickly.

Disappointing. My two NCL cruises had some of the best bacon I've ever had. Two bins, one crispy and one soft.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Hey! I just realized you stayed in the very same cabin I will be in coming up in April aboard the Star! Enjoyed looking at your pics! It's a nice treat to see your cabin before you get there! :)

We never saw any problem getting bacon, if you wanted more, just ask, they will give more, I would get an extra silverware rollup and place the bacon on it at the table for a few minutes, it ubsorbs the grease well,

as far as it being stuck to gether that is just the way they bake it, instead of frying in a pan or griddle, it is much quicker.

I wonder if there will be a choice of bacon on my Med cruise, English type bacon and that horrible streaky bacon, the fatty stuff.

On my Med DCL cruise we had both! Fingers crossed the proper bacon will be available to appeal to the European cruisers. A must try for all fellow cruisers from across the pond.

Hey! I just realized you stayed in the very same cabin I will be in coming up in April aboard the Star! Enjoyed looking at your pics! It's a nice treat to see your cabin before you get there! :)

It was a great cabin! Glad you enjoyed the pics. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

We've really begun to avoid "carnival bacon". It looks and tastes like it's DEEP FRIED.

Happy to announce that everybody else can have ours !!!!! We're trying to delay heart attacks if possible.

I agree 100% and its really sad they have to have a person whose primary job is to make sure people dont take 20 pieces at time(and waste 15)

The bacon police don't bother me it's just they can never find any crispy enough. I ask for crispy please and get less soggy instead. It's a little better in the MDR. Funny thing is though we would always order a BLT with extra bacon on the breakfast room service card and it was alway crispy, so that how I got my bacon fix.

Archived