Gift to self on B2B?

SoBaycruiser

On previous cruises, we have sent ourselves a bottle is spirits as a gift so that we can enjoy a cocktail hour on our balcony without having to be sneaky. We will doing B2B cruises (30 days total) this summer in a colder climate and will send ourselves a bottle of spirits for the first leg. We aren't sure how much balcony time we will have. If, late in the first cruise, we decide we want more, can we order a gift for the second leg while aboard ship? If not, can we email a relative to order it for us?

You can order a bottle anytime on board through room service. In fact posters here have said that when you do the gift thing they don't actually deliver the bottle, just leave a card in the room and when you get to the cabin you call room service. So it should be no problem!

Because you're on a B2B, during the first cruise, buy a litre of duty-free liquor which will be delivered to your stateroom on the last afternoon... and you will have it for the second cruise. This is much less expensive than ordering the little, 375 ml bottles through room service.

Because you're on a B2B, during the first cruise, buy a litre of duty-free liquor which will be delivered to your stateroom on the last afternoon... and you will have it for the second cruise. This is much less expensive than ordering the little, 375 ml bottles through room service.

What I did on a B2B (on another line) was buy the soda card the first week so I got the insulated mug. I managed to get a bottle of rum that I bought on the pier through the scanners.

I then bought a couple of bottles of rum that were delivered at the end of the first week and bought soda on the pier.

Resulted in practically no bar bill the 2nd leg. :rolleyes:

While I haven't done this (wine & beer drinker) I've read posts from those who have done it. Besides ordering a full bottle from the gift shop to be delivered on the last day of the cruise I've also read that when purchased in the gift shop on the last day they may give it immediately. Some were told because they were on the 1st leg of a b2b they couldn't have it but when they said they'd cancel they were given it.

Even if this doesn't work it's always possible to order a 375ml bottle from room service & no real benefit to pre-ordering a bottle online.

While I haven't done this (wine & beer drinker) I've read posts from those who have done it. Besides ordering a full bottle from the gift shop to be delivered on the last day of the cruise I've also read that when purchased in the gift shop on the last day they may give it immediately. Some were told because they were on the 1st leg of a b2b they couldn't have it but when they said they'd cancel they were given it. Even if this doesn't work it's always possible to order a 375ml bottle from room service & no real benefit to pre-ordering a bottle online.

Perhaps it may depend on the staff but this is what happened to me. I was on a B2B and thoyught of ordering a duty free bottle in the first leg but was told I would not get it until the night before I was actually disembarking some 16 nights later.

Perhaps it may depend on the staff but this is what happened to me. I was on a B2B and thoyught of ordering a duty free bottle in the first leg but was told I would not get it until the night before I was actually disembarking some 16 nights later.

Sometimes on that last day when they are really pushing the sale of the bottles at the boutique, there is a table where they write up your charge instead of doing it at the cash register.

At the cash register they can swipe your card and see you are on a B2B. At the table, they cannot do that and must assume everyone is able to carry out the purchase.

Sometimes on that last day when they are really pushing the sale of the bottles at the boutique, there is a table where they write up your charge instead of doing it at the cash register.

At the cash register they can swipe your card and see you are on a B2B. At the table, they cannot do that and must assume everyone is able to carry out the purchase.

Thanks, that would explain it, they didn't do this on the Diamond last year even though they had the last day sale. Everything was going through the till and they were even telling people if they were B2B that they wouldn't get the bottles then.:D

Archived