Independence... We're Here!!

Day I’m not sure but it was Labdeeeeee….

Dinner at Portifinos the night before was very good, but as most have said the dinner takes a long time, too long I think. We finished our appetizer’s waited about 10 minutes and then the waiter came over and said “now that you’re done with your appetizers I will have the chef start your dinner”. We were all like what? He’s just going to start them now….. So anyway it was too long of a process in my book, reservations at 6:30, didn’t leave til 9:00… ouch!

The should be an easy fix! for our reception we'll tell them not to wait to start the next course. Otherwise, food and service pretty good?

The should be an easy fix! for our reception we'll tell them not to wait to start the next course. Otherwise, food and service pretty good?

I will tell you this, Portofino's on Indy is beautiful. What a great location for the occasion.

OB, I'm going to try Portofino for the first time in Indy. BUT...I am a vegetarian. You think I'll be able to score a couple of good dishes?

Also, how is the steak (asking for my mom)?

I wish I could help you out but I have not actually eaten in Portofino's. I've just walked the area to see what it was like. But I am sure you could find some good meatless pasta choices. I have read posts from people who preferred the steak in Portofino's to what they had eaten in Chop's. But you know how subjective food opinions are.

Haven't been down to the pier yet, but I will let you know. I'm interested too. Had to stop at Jimmy' in Grand Cayman for a couple shirts after our tour yesterday.:D

Thanks for your posts, we are in the same cabin on march 10th sailing

I wish I could help you out but I have not actually eaten in Portofino's. I've just walked the area to see what it was like. But I am sure you could find some good meatless pasta choices. I have read posts from people who preferred the steak in Portofino's to what they had eaten in Chop's. But you know how subjective food opinions are.

Thanks. I want to check it out this time for sure.

Hello everyone, at the FLL airport waiting for our 1:30 flight back home. I will have to say that was one of the easiest dis-embarkations ever. Our flight doesn't leave until 1:30, I'm not sure why my DW and DMIL chose so early to get off but hey it was easy peezy. Our room attendant said we could just stay in our room if we wanted. We did, and left our room at 8am and were at the airport at 8:30. We had tag #12 for a 7:45 to 8 am departure, found our luggage quick, they have it very organized and a lot of different numbers so its pretty manageable to find. Went through customs with no wait and onto a van. Like I said the whole process was about 30 minutes.:D

I really don't know what all the fuss is about pier 29.....:eek:

Thanks for your posts, we are in the same cabin on march 10th sailing

Great cabin with a great cabin attendant, Ray.... He will make you smile and he is very personable. The balcony seemed a lot deeper than on the Eclipse last year and at least as wide. But everyone really loved the convienience of the elevators and the cafe promenade:D

[ATTACH]257144[/ATTACH]

Welcome back! I hope you took good care of her! Thank you so much for all of your updates and I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

Thank you, and I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise. Indy is great ship!

Hello everyone, at the FLL airport waiting for our 1:30 flight back home. I will have to say that was one of the easiest dis-embarkations ever. Our flight doesn't leave until 1:30, I'm not sure why my DW and DMIL chose so early to get off but hey it was easy peezy. Our room attendant said we could just stay in our room if we wanted. We did, and left our room at 8am and were at the airport at 8:30. We had tag #12 for a 7:45 to 8 am departure, found our luggage quick, they have it very organized and a lot of different numbers so its pretty manageable to find. Went through customs with no wait and onto a van. Like I said the whole process was about 30 minutes.:D

I really don't know what all the fuss is about pier 29.....:eek:

Great to hear, I know it's hard to get off. Thanks again for keeping us updated and posting from the ship. It's very much appreciated!

Food and service were very good, I think we liked Chops better but were steak people:D Service was nice but like I said just too long:eek:

My uncle ordered the steak in Portifino and it looked fabulous. He said it was great. Its a t-bone in Portifino and they have a porterhouse in Chops.

We will be on Indy March 29th and it will be our first Freedon Class cruise. We have done the Voyager Class cruises 4 times. I am looking forward to it. My 17 year old DS wanted to go because it will be the last time he will be age quailfied to use Adventure Ocean and he has always had an awsome time at AO. Thanks for the great review.

Planning on doing my own review after another cup of coffee or two... :rolleyes:

Just wanted to echo what Witshel said about the crew. They were incredible! So friendly and accommodating and amazing about everything! All the reviews before about disgruntled crew are totally invalid. I don't have anything to compare it to because this was my first cruise, but I have worked in the service industry for many years. I was impressed!

Great review! We were on the same cruise (9 of us) and I have to agree--the crew and staff were fantastic, especially since my son can be a bit challenging at times (has autism).

I was signed up for the 10:30 zip line on Labadee and it was canceled due to high winds. I think that was the only disapointment I experienced the entire cruise (besides a group photo problem that I hope will work out).

Pier 29 was a breeze. Debarkation was great too--we left the ship about 9:15 and were through customs and in our taxi by around 9:40.

Now I'm experiencing PCD (post-cruise depression). Time to book the next one. :)

:D Hi we are sailing on the Independence on the 4th May myself my husband and my aunt and uncle this will be the first time we have cruised with them we have always gone with Princess we have a junior suite and my aunt has a balcony suite as she needs the walk in shower I have read many different reviews so I'm hoping everything will be great. Have you ever had the drinks package is it worth it. Lily the pink

I am on her 4th may first full cruise back in europe after dry dock cant wait. Have seen the band rock the boat on last cruise not 2 bad

We are sailing her on Jan 28th. Been seeing that RCCL is debuting new menu selections, hope this is so; as the old selections were getting pretty repetitive after a few sailings. We have sailed both the Freedom and Liberty and have no reason to doubt that Independence will not be just as nice. Still cannot figure out why you can't book entertainment on her before sailing though, as you can do it on both sister ships.

You will enjoy, unless you are a perpetual complainer. No, everything will not be exactly perfect, but there are enough dining, entertainment, and varieties of ship spaces to offer something for all but the most dedicated complainer.:rolleyes:

Hey OB!

Not only is it my first time on this ship...it's also my first time on anything larger than a Voyager Class....my fam and I were always "small ship" people. Can't wait to see Indy and roam her decks! I am getting so excited too!

I know, I should have booked the 8 night...I would've been onboard with you. Are you packed yet? lol!

The Freedom and Oasis classes are definately impressive, especially evident when they are docked next to a small ship. Enjoy.

Planning on doing my own review after another cup of coffee or two... :rolleyes:

Just wanted to echo what Witshel said about the crew. They were incredible! So friendly and accommodating and amazing about everything! All the reviews before about disgruntled crew are totally invalid. I don't have anything to compare it to because this was my first cruise, but I have worked in the service industry for many years. I was impressed!

Glad you enjoyed your first cruise and validating how wonderful the crew was.:rolleyes:

Archived