Restaurants open on Embarkation Day--Reflection

Born4Travlin

Thank you very much. We were thinking of doing that, but wanted to ask someone who has sailed the Reflection. We cruise mostly RCCL and go to Sorrentos or Promenade Cafe. I think I read there is a cafe on this ship similar to the Promenade where there are little sandwiches, cookies, etc. Is there anything open 24 hours as on RCCL? Thanks again

Little sandwiches and cookies are usually available from Cafe al Bacio, but AFAIK it is not open on Embarkation day in time for lunch, just later in the afternoon. Try Aqua Spa cafe in the Solarium, or the hamburger grill in the pool area, or Bistro on 5 as suggested. The latter is the only sit-down restaurant with table service open on Embarkation day.

• 3 years later...
The Porch is open.It was not listed as being open so there were very few people in the resturant.

Had a delicious lunch in a quiet peaceful setting avoiding the chaos of buffet as everyone boarded...

was wondering what resterants are free on reflection other then standard dinning

This information is three years old. The porch is now $30 and bistro on 5 is an a la carte sushi restaurant. The main dining room which is always open for dinner, and generally for lunch on seadays is free. The Oceanview buffet which serves breakfast lunch and dinner plus various snacks throughout the day, such as afternoon tea, is no charge. The mast grill which serves hamburgers and hotdogs from lunch time until about 6 PM is free. The aqua spa Café which is inside the solarium has healthier options, most of which are free although there is a charge for some items. The drinks at Cafe al Bacio are not free but the baked goods are.

We were just on Reflection and the only restaurant open for lunch on embarkation day was the Porch, for $30. However, Sushi on 5 (which has replaced Bistro on 5) will now be open for lunch on embarkation day as well. The menu is a la carte, with prices similar to land-based sushi restaurants.

You are saying that the grill, Oceanview and AquaSpa cafe were all closed? That would be a change. Celebrity has no restaurants open 24/7.

No, sorry - the buffet, AquaSpa Cafe and Mast grill are all open - I was speaking only of specialty venues.

• 6 years later...
16 minutes ago, dugknight said:

Any updates on this topic? We embark this coming weekend. I usually look for a quieter place for lunch and would always do Bistro on 5 as well. Anybody know what's open as alternatives to buffet and Mast? Thanks!

I believe Sushi on 5 is open, as are Café al Bacio and Spa Cafė. If you are in a suite, you have Luminae.