Conrad Hotel, Miami

jmwg49

Any information or opinion on The Conrad?! I booked it at a very good rate, it gets good reviews, but wonder if anyone here has stayed there, or knows about it. It doesn't look too far from POM, and I hope it is a cheap cab ride! Any info is greatly appreciated!

You are a little south of the main downtown/POM area -- I'd estimate a $12-15 cab ride will get you to POM in the morning. Good luck! :)

Is there anything nearby? Starbucks? Restaurants? Or will we have to go closer to POM for that?

Lots of dining options in that area, although many in that area of Miami are pricey :eek:, but then if you can afford to stay at the Conrad ... :o

There is a Gordon Biersch (sort of a chain brew-pub) a couple of blocks up from your hotel that should be reasonable; I would ask the hotel staff for dining suggestions when you check in. ;)

Lots of dining options in that area, although many in that area of Miami are pricey :eek:, but then if you can afford to stay at the Conrad ... :o

There is a Gordon Biersch (sort of a chain brew-pub) a couple of blocks up from your hotel that should be reasonable; I would ask the hotel staff for dining suggestions when you check in. ;)

Thanks for your help..in fact, got this on h**wire for $124/nt for September! I was surprised! Just hoping there is a Starbucks nearby! ;)

Thanks for your help..in fact, got this on h**wire for $124/nt for September! I was surprised! Just hoping there is a Starbucks nearby!

Just wondering how many stars this hotel was on h**wire? I am also sailing in Sept and have been watching that site. Thanks

That's cool! It is showing as a 4 1/2 star...Bricknell area it said Let me know what you do!

I have been watching for a bit, and this is about the cheapest I have seen, I was hoping for the Intercontinental, as I've heard such good things...but we will see how this goes!

I was thinking the 4.5 star was the four seasons. The intercontinental is only a 4 star on hot wire. I have been watching this hotel as well but decided yesterday not to do it. I will be interested in what you think of the hotel. Are you going to meet n greet?

• 4 weeks later...

We booked the Conrad pre and post cruise through a discount site are there places in walking distance that we could do with a 14 year old. We are on a budget so I'm not looking for high end restaurants - suggestions would be greatly appreciated from those who have been there or know the area well. Thank you in advance!!

You are a little south of the main downtown/POM area -- I'd estimate a $12-15 cab ride will get you to POM in the morning. Good luck! :)

I would regard it as right in the main downtown area, while POM is on the northern end. It is a very nice "business class" hotel. My impression is that many, if not most, guests are visiting banks, offices, etc. and are not tourists or waiting for a ship. A short cab ride from POM and a number of decent restaurants in the area. Not a bad choice if you get a decent price.

We had a corner room there which I think is a little bigger but the bathroom was awesome. Huge with separate tub and shower and full wall of windows. The pool is awkward to get to but nice with sun beds. Across the street there is a small deli type place for a snack or breakfast. Brickell shopping area is close enough to walk with a Starbucks there. Most places to eat are a bit on the higher side but I am sure you can find something. Morton's across the street. We also walked to a publix for water. Close to pier, should be in the $10 to 15 range.

Archived