Crown fogged in at Galveston this morning

JasmineB

Open Air Trolley Train City Drive was canceled at the last minute. Passengers were notified by a paper put under their stateroom doors overnight.

Hmmm... That worries me a little... We have that tour booked for March. "Gang activity and recent killings"? Yuck!

What time is the Crown going out tonight? It looks foggy there again based upon the port webcam.

Someone posted that they were told to check in after 7 PM.

But, my guess is not sail until the fog lifts sometime tomorrow.

There are hundreds (?thousands) of us in the terminal waiting to board I realize that weather is no one's fault, but we have not been offered any thing in the way of refreshments - not even bottle of water. There are lots of old people here and it is very wearing on them - not to mention diabetics. We will not be boarding till much later (8-9-10 PM) and it does not look good.

Ugh. Bad situation. Unless D of Ag allows Princess to bring items off the ship, they are limited to what the terminal has on hand and/or they can source locally. Without a big presence there I don't think they have a lot of ground resources.

There are hundreds (?thousands) of us in the terminal waiting to board I realize that weather is no one's fault, but we have not been offered any thing in the way of refreshments - not even bottle of water. There are lots of old people here and it is very wearing on them - not to mention diabetics. We will not be boarding till much later (8-9-10 PM) and it does not look good.

What a nightmare! I am sorry for everyone involved. We have sailed out of Galveston this time of year and just been lucky. We will be going out on the Crown in Feb. All you can do is try to make the best out of a bad situation. Texas weather is fickle and very unpredictable. For those boarding tonight, have fun, even if you are not moving. For those stranded make the best of your hotel stay and flight home tomorrow. Thinking of you all.

Hi Paul!

I had an experience last year where a river cruise did not go as planned and required a lot of changes. What could have ruined the trip for me was the incessant comlaining of those who felt cheated by an act of nature, and refused to enjoy themselves because of it. It is what you make of it and you choose the attitude you bring. I hope this is the best cruise they have ever had, dance their feet off, swim in the warm turquise ocean, and gain 10 lbs!

Wow..had no idea the weather was that bad going out of Galvaston...we r doing the TA in April...is that still the cloudy, bad weather season for Texas??

Glad to see you are sailing now...enjoy and try to relax and forget the boarding hassles....:p

Wow..had no idea the weather was that bad going out of Galvaston...we r doing the TA in April...is that still the cloudy, bad weather season for Texas??.......

No the weather should be beautiful and warm in April. The fog usually is only bad in December and January for Galveston.

Hi Paul!

I had an experience last year where a river cruise did not go as planned and required a lot of changes. What could have ruined the trip for me was the incessant comlaining of those who felt cheated by an act of nature, and refused to enjoy themselves because of it. It is what you make of it and you choose the attitude you bring. I hope this is the best cruise they have ever had, dance their feet off, swim in the warm turquise ocean, and gain 10 lbs!

What a great attitude & one that I share with you...except for gaining 10 lbs in 7 days. ;)

I hope the cruise goes better than the begining.

We're on the Crown right now too. Although the first day was rough while waiting to board, we were fortunate to be some of the first onboard. I felt sorry for those still boarding at 10:15. By then, we had already got our luggage, unpacked, had a nice dinner and were relaxed. The crew were so happy to see two passengers smiling and being sympathetic to their rough day.

So far, it has been a great cruise! The service has been excellent, especially our cabin steward and wait staff in Anytime Dining last night. Everywhere we went the first day, the crew was smiling and apologizing for the weather, of which they had no control. They really took a beating from a lot of the passengers. For us, it was just one more story to tell. We ended up seeing a fantastic Civil War Reinactment in Galveston, had a nice lunch and met many nice people.

BTW, the one thing we are really enjoying so far is the other passengers. We have met some very, very interesting people who are very well-traveled with fascinating stories to tell. The passengers & crew have made this cruise fun for us so far. The weather has been good, enjoying Capt. Andy Procter's reports (can you believe I never realized he was Scottish after all the times we've sailed with him until this cruise?) and Lisa Ball. The future cruise consultant, Diane, is efficient and friendly as well.

I only hope to have as many days onboard any Princess ship as the OP has had! :)

We're on the Crown right now too. Although the first day was rough while waiting to board, we were fortunate to be some of the first onboard. I felt sorry for those still boarding at 10:15. By then, we had already got our luggage, unpacked, had a nice dinner and were relaxed. The crew were so happy to see two passengers smiling and being sympathetic to their rough day.

So far, it has been a great cruise! The service has been excellent, especially our cabin steward and wait staff in Anytime Dining last night. Everywhere we went the first day, the crew was smiling and apologizing for the weather, of which they had no control. They really took a beating from a lot of the passengers. For us, it was just one more story to tell. We ended up seeing a fantastic Civil War Reinactment in Galveston, had a nice lunch and met many nice people.

BTW, the one thing we are really enjoying so far is the other passengers. We have met some very, very interesting people who are very well-traveled with fascinating stories to tell. The passengers & crew have made this cruise fun for us so far. The weather has been good, enjoying Capt. Andy Procter's reports (can you believe I never realized he was Scottish after all the times we've sailed with him until this cruise?) and Lisa Ball. The future cruise consultant, Diane, is efficient and friendly as well.

I only hope to have as many days onboard any Princess ship as the OP has had! :)

Have you heard when the first formal night is? I'm on next week and trying to plan my specialty dining. Wasn't sure if it will be Sunday or Monday? Thanks!

Glad you're onboard and enjoying yourselves!

We ended up seeing a fantastic Civil War Reinactment in Galveston, had a nice lunch and met many nice people.

Wow! May I ask where you did this? I have a 13 year old son who would LOVE something like that!

Have a great week!

We're on the Crown right now too. Although the first day was rough while waiting to board, we were fortunate to be some of the first onboard. I felt sorry for those still ...

Glad to hear you are having a great time. Love the onboard updates!!

The same as this week's sailing....that's why I'm asking. I'm aware the earlier sailings had a slightly different itinerary.

Yes, we had the "backwards" itinerary & stopped in Cozumel on Monday, January 7th (and our first Formal night was on Sunday). Hopefully someone from this current sailing will get back w/ ya.

Archived