why is eclipse late every time

scumbers

I just disembarked from the Eclipse. I think there are a number of factors that affect departure time. One of which is loading the provisions for the next cruise. Another is like airplanes, they have to exit one by one. If one ship is late it can effect the others. It isn't anything specific to the Eclipse.

I can say that I found that the ship was managed very well, and disembarkation was smooth.

I just disembarked from the Eclipse. I think there are a number of factors that affect departure time. One of which is loading the provisions for the next cruise. Another is like airplanes, they have to exit one by one. If one ship is late it can effect the others. It isn't anything specific to the Eclipse.

I can say that I found that the ship was managed very well, and disembarkation was smooth.

On our cruise in November we found that we were always the last to arrive and depart ports particularly in Fort Lauderdale where we were several hours late

I just watched it depart, and a few minutes before on the webcam, I could hear the captain talking in a serious voice, saying "security, security, security, all to...(didn't catch the rest)". Does anyone know what happened? From there, the transmission would come in and out, but there was a lot of serious talking.

I just watched it depart, and a few minutes before on the webcam, I could hear the captain talking in a serious voice, saying "security, security, security, all to...(didn't catch the rest)". Does anyone know what happened? From there, the transmission would come in and out, but there was a lot of serious talking.

I was watching also and I have determined it was because I saw some strangers (gasp) standing on MY balcony - the nerve :p.

This is a very routine call from the Bridge, made either by the Pilot or the Captain, to let other vessel traffic in the Port know that the ship is getting underway. It does not indicate any kind of a problem. It is just to make others aware that the vessel is heading out to sea and that the Port's security regulations are to be observed by other traffic.

This is a very routine call from the Bridge, made either by the Pilot or the Captain, to let other vessel traffic in the Port know that the ship is getting underway. It does not indicate any kind of a problem. It is just to make others aware that the vessel is heading out to sea and that the Port's security regulations are to be observed by other traffic.

Thank you for solving the mystery!

Archived