Panraven difficulties - anyone else?

lasfloras

The server seems to be down now.

They have very few phone personnel, so you never get anyone on the phone.

And, now their entire server seems to be down. There is no way to email, contact, nothing, not even view your online album.

Anyone else with this problem or any suggestions?

I'm in the midst of waiting for additional replies from Princess Cruises.

My wife has nearly completed our book from a cruise ending on 12/2 but hasn't ordered it yet & hopefully she won't experience your problem. :eek:

It's been 3 weeks since ending our b2b cruise on 12/22 & she hasn't received the promised email they said she'd get within 2 weeks. Based on your experiences and ours hopefully this doesn't mean that Panraven is once again experiencing problems. :(

We've been told by Princess that Panraven has new owners and that the problems of the past that we've experienced with the previous owners completing our 4 other cruise books would no longer be a problem. Unfortunately that appears to not be the case and here we go again having to contact Princess to get our Panaven cruise book...déjà vu! :eek:

I still haven't heard anything from Panraven, despite my multiple attempts at contacting Princess Cruises via FB.

At the very beginning, I too had trouble receiving the promised email. It came finally after multiple phone calls, including one to Princess. Or worse, whenever I went to the website, it would say that my code was not recognizable.

Anyways, I finally bypassed those hurdles and did my album. Now, I'm just waiting. I'm wondering how long it takes to process and ship it. It's now been 14 days since I finished designing it and ordering it online, and I don't see on my account online that it has been shipped yet.

Quite frustrating!

Out of the 5 I have made, I had one issue with late shipping. My last one, 3 months ago shipped in 2 weeks.

Pat

So, how did you address the tardiness of your book's arrival? I have sent Panraven an email from their website, called (left on hold forever), sent Princess notes on their FB page and I am not getting any response except for Princess to say "someone will get in touch with you."

My only other ideas are to send a certified letter to Panraven asking for a response or to keep calling and hope that one day someone answers!

So, how did you address the tardiness of your book's arrival? I have sent Panraven an email from their website, called (left on hold forever), sent Princess notes on their FB page and I am not getting any response except for Princess to say "someone will get in touch with you."

My only other ideas are to send a certified letter to Panraven asking for a response or to keep calling and hope that one day someone answers!

Think they were having major business issues a year or 2 ago and Princess dropped them. Only within the last year have they started using them again but it sounds as though its a bust again from the reports of them not responding.

When first used the reviews on the books from passengers were wonderful, many posted pictures of the completed books, what a neat idea.

I think a Panraven rep even responed on CC a time or two.

So sad if they are messing that up. :(

Edited by highheel girl

My wife called Princess & a customer service rep is working on a solution to our problem having only have an order number for the 1st cruise of a b2b but still nothing for the 2nd cruise. At least she is able to access the 1st one which only has 2 more weeks before the cutoff date. We know it's possible to get an extension but nearly 4 weeks after paying for the 2nd cruise book onboard & still no way to compose it. :(

Obviously the new owners are also having problems & being able to contact them for answers has not worked. As more customers contact Princess trying to get Panraven to give us our photo books hopefully we'll get them.

Unless you really want the Panraven stock pictures and stock text, there are several more reliable companies where you can build your own album with much less hassle.

You will need to compare pricing and shipping cost, but I suspect the others will not be out of line with Panraven costs.

I wish Princess would look at working with other companies. It was nice to do a book about the cruise with some of the port info already available. I did a book with Panraven using these features, but also experienced major problems trying to contact them.

I've already made it and paid for it, so I'm merely waiting for it to show up in my mailbox!

The pre-filled history information and the cruise itinerary format were really a nice touch and I wasn't sure if that would be there anyways. However, if I had a clue how awful their service is, I would not have ordered the book!

I used their online contact form twice. I do believe their server crashed and they are not owning up to it, as I actually couldn't get their website to function one day last week at all! Finally, the 3rd time, which was the 2nd time I sent them a message on their help form, they replied. After a few back and forth emails, this was their latest reply:

Sorry to hear this! Your order is being printed as we speak and will be shipping by 1/21/13. We had a delay with the printing company due to maintenance on the printer. I can update you once I hear more information. Thank you for your patience.

Amanda

Panraven, Inc.

They should have posted a notice on their website that their printer was down for a few weeks!

• 1 month later...

I have had a few bad experiences with Panraven in the past however our recent experience with two books was good.

We purchased their photo album books for each segment of our B2B cruise at the end of last year on the Crown Princess. Each book cost $39.95 which includes 40 preset pages that can be modified & includes shipping. Additional pages cost $1 each and we paid $10 per book for an upgraded cover.

Except for a delay in getting the confirmation number for the second book everything went very smoothly and we are very happy with the quality & service we received from Panraven now that they have new owners. It was a better experience than previously and one that we plan to purchase for each of our future Princess cruises.

Since I've been critical of them previously I thought it was only fair to share a positive experience with the new Panraven.

I had problems getting my confirmation number from our 12/2 Crown Transatlantic, but finally after repeated emails and escalations, finally got replies. I have completed my book and got a confirmation email with the USPS tracking number today! I cannot wait to see it! I did one for Alaska and it turned out great! I asked on our recent Caribbean Crown cruise in Feb. and they said they had discontinued Panraven as they had been having too many issues! I thought that was an understatement for sure! My sister is still trying to complete hers from the Transatlantic and has been complaining about the site crashing and being slow to load. I think some of this has to do with broadband speed also, but not sure! Keep sending emails - I ended up with an extension to complete it and a 10% discount after all of mine! Did not need the extension, but the 10% discount was nice since I added 20 pages and upgraded the cover!

• 1 year later...
I have been trying to get on Panraven for months with no luck at all whats up with that, all my pictures are there

Think they are out of business.

This thread is from Jan 2013.

It was great while it lasted, but got harder and harder to get a reponse from them.

Edited by Colo Cruiser