Unbelievably awesome news means no cruise

mattp420

Update: We're nine weeks along and everything is going GREAT!!! Baby growing fine and mother moody as hell! I'm minding my P's and Q's.

We're rescheduling our cruise for next June..based on the due date our little one should be around 9 months old. Seems way too young to take along but I wanted to see what some more experienced parents thought.

We're just so happy it's ridiculous.

I'm so glad everything is going well!

My husband and I took a cruise when our son was about a 10 months. It was wonderful. I did miss him, but he enjoyed his time with the grandparents and we enjoyed our time together. I did miss him terribly, but we called home from a couple of ports and I don't think he missed us near as much!

Go, have a great time!

I'm so glad everything is going well!

My husband and I took a cruise when our son was about a 10 months. It was wonderful. I did miss him, but he enjoyed his time with the grandparents and we enjoyed our time together. I did miss him terribly, but we called home from a couple of ports and I don't think he missed us near as much!

Go, have a great time!

I think that we'll do the same. My parents have been wanting a grand baby for a long time so won't be hard to get a babysitter!

After the Triumph issues I just don't think I want to bring such a little guy (or girl).

Thanks so much!!!

I'd say that is more than OK!! We're so happy it's ridiculous. We'd all but written it off and were beginning to explore adoption so this is just amazing.

All good go with you, and much happiness to your family ~ :)

Possibly the cruise planning? Our Son and DIL were in the same "boat" :D

They decided to buy a ski boat.......then Surprise! They now have a happy, healthy 2 year old son, almost old enough to enjoy a Disney Cruise with Gramps and Gammie! :)

All good go with you, and much happiness to your family ~ :)

Possibly the cruise planning? Our Son and DIL were in the same "boat" :D

They decided to buy a ski boat.......then Surprise! They now have a happy, healthy 2 year old son, almost old enough to enjoy a Disney Cruise with Gramps and Gammie! :)

That's so funny! We had finally given up after 15 years of trying and were going to take a cruise then start classes to adopt from CPS. Then it just happened...a miracle...I now believe everyone who says it will happen just when you quit trying!!!! Still seems so unbelievable to both of us.

Thanks so much for all the kind words!!

After 15 years of trying my wife is pregnant!!!! We are so happy I can't even express but.....we have a cruise booked in June.

She's going to be right up against the 24 week cutoff for pregnant women. We really don't want to risk anything happening regardless of whether she's over the limit or not...it's been such a long hard struggle we are not into taking any risks.

We booked Early Saver so should I just expect to eat the $500 deposit or can it be used for a rescheduled cruise...maybe next year?

Congrats and best wishes to you both!!

Thank you all!!

Just re-booked our cruise for June 22, 2014. My countdown calendar went from 116 to 490! :eek:

Not sure I've ever planned something that far in advance!! At this point we're planning on just the two of us going - will be a good break I'm sure.

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and prayers - we've got lots of people sending good vibes our way and every bit helps!!

The best post on this board for the past one week!

Congrats to OP and his wife! It will be an amazing, life perspective changing experience, to become a first time parent.

Sort of knowing the feeling, as we are also praying to have a second child for quite a few years. Our daughter eagerly wants to have a little sister/brother to play with her too.

We had a beautiful new baby girl in my family this past October 24 ...this after a shocking loss of my mom the previous August which made it all the sweeter...nothing like it..more hope and love than one can ever imagine...the happy great auntie of my 2nd in that category and seven nieces and nephews...Godspeed and Congrats..just so happy for you and thanks for sharing..there is hope in the world when dads are so happy they are sharing..CONGRATS....Sarah

What a wonderful blessing for you and your wife. Thank you for sharing your wonderful news with all of us and allowing us to feel such joy for you guys. Wishing you both much joy and happiness with your little one.

pittypat

• 6 months later...
Had to resurrect my old thread. Juliette was born today...a healthy baby girl. So happy it's ridiculous.

Beautiful name. I'm sure it gives you joy just to say it. :)

All the best to all 3 of you.

(Had to go back to read the posts)

Thanks for coming back to share your joy with us once again! Julliette - a beautiful name for what I'm sure is the most beautiful person you've ever seen!:D

Congratulations, Daddy (and to the new Mommy, as well)!:)

Darn you, you've not only got me smiling ear to ear again, but i'm tearing up a little, too.:o