Celebrity gets real

After reading all the posts about US pricing being cheaper etc and having griped about it myself it would appear that Celebrity Cruises are offering the same prices to Aussie customers as US ones. With their latest promo, which includes the classic drinks package, they are offering the same prices here. In fact I booked 2 cruises here and they were actually cheaper here (one by a couple of hundred dollars). The 3 day cruise next Jan is much cheaper here than booking via the US. I think the terms and conditions may be a little more restrictive but overall it looks like a win for us Aussies.

That Celebrity promotion was for the US only so did you book in the US at the higher prices to get the drinks package? :confused:

Our travel agent was able to get us the package at Aussie prices. I think you may find that the package applies here as well.

Our travel agent was able to get us the package at Aussie prices. I think you may find that the package applies here as well.

No it doesn't. I got a price from two of my US TA's and they were $350 each dearer but you did get to chose 2 packages, either the drinks package, OBC or gratuities. Even chosing this it was still too dear to book with them. I chose to use our TA in Australia.

No it doesn't. I got a price from two of my US TA's and they were $350 each dearer but you did get to chose 2 packages' date=' either the drinks package, OBC or gratuities. Even chosing this it was still too dear to book with them. I chose to use our TA in Australia.[/quote']

Get your aussie travel agent to ring Celebrity. I have booked 2 cruises and got the package on both.

How come none of the Aussie TA's are offering it?

Did anyone else get the free drinks package with the deal?

It's not exactly the same, as we have other promotions that the US don't, but an equivalent is available for cruises booked here. Full details are here: http://www.celebritycruises.com.au/content/en_AU/celebrity_january_sale.html

It's not exactly the same, as we have other promotions that the US don't, but an equivalent is available for cruises booked here. Full details are here: http://www.celebritycruises.com.au/content/en_AU/celebrity_january_sale.html

Hmm -- whether these "promotions" are a good deal or not - really depends on the price of a cruise. There is no doubt that we all spend some money onboard ships - so $300 OBC and free booze is ostensibly a good thing -- but what is the base price for the cruise?? I did notice that the drinks package only includes beers up to $5 and wine up to $8 (per glass) - my observation on most cruiselines is that you would be flat out finding something that cheap onboard.

Please correct me if I am wrong that this offer is perhaps not as good as it sounds. :)

Barry

Hmm -- whether these "promotions" are a good deal or not - really depends on the price of a cruise. There is no doubt that we all spend some money onboard ships - so $300 OBC and free booze is ostensibly a good thing -- but what is the base price for the cruise?? I did notice that the drinks package only includes beers up to $5 and wine up to $8 (per glass) - my observation on most cruiselines is that you would be flat out finding something that cheap onboard.

Please correct me if I am wrong that this offer is perhaps not as good as it sounds. :)

Barry

You can upgrade to the premium package for $11.50 a day.

Barry

Those are the prices before gratuities, and cover a fair range of drinks i.e. you won't find just one at that price.

Of course, whether it's a good deal for an individual depends on each circumstances and I definitely agree that you should take the whole fare into consideration, not just the bonus. The bonus may well only be a few per cent value on your total price.

That said, if you were already going to book something, it's the icing on the cake.

We have been watching the prices on a celebrity cruise & it has just come down by $500 each (US prices are $1000 more) we booked directly through celebrity and got both the OBC & drinks package.

Depending on what you drink, the standard package covers most coffees, beers & spirits. We had a premium package last time so we might upgrade so we dont have to think about prices when onboard and enjoy the freedom of never signing for anything which sounds trivial but is great when onboard.

We have been watching the prices on a celebrity cruise & it has just come down by $500 each (US prices are $1000 more) we booked directly through celebrity and got both the OBC & drinks package.

Depending on what you drink, the standard package covers most coffees, beers & spirits. We had a premium package last time so we might upgrade so we dont have to think about prices when onboard and enjoy the freedom of never signing for anything which sounds trivial but is great when onboard.

Great deal isn't it? Since we booked we have had 8 people join our party. When you tell your friends they say 'we want in as well'. We were going to get the premium drink package anyway so this is a $1200 saving for us on one cruise and a $300 one on the other.

Great deal isn't it? Since we booked we have had 8 people join our party. When you tell your friends they say 'we want in as well'. We were going to get the premium drink package anyway so this is a $1200 saving for us on one cruise and a $300 one on the other.

Fantastic deal - we couldn't beleive our eyes when we saw it.

I love it just for the coffees and water - I just about use the full amount on that so with just a couple of alcoholic drinks at night we are in front and all without any hassles.

Some people are saying that they dont get as good service when they have it but we didn't find that at all in fact because we had it the bar tender would just make me what he thougth I would like (after the first couple of days) and I tried many drinks that were not on the menu but are now some of my favourites.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Do you mean you booked via Celebrity in Australia and you got the drinks package included? Each time I've called them to try add the package they've told me no :/

Do you mean you booked via Celebrity in Australia and you got the drinks package included? Each time I've called them to try add the package they've told me no :/

Yep we booked via Celebrity Australia & got both deals, the onboard credit & the drinks package. It had to be on a new booking not an existing one. The OBC has appeared on my account but one person told me that the drinks package won't show up until the promotion has finished and another person told me about 6 weeks later - I have done a screen print showing both promotions and their terms & conditions just in case I have to argue my point down the track.

Yep we booked via Celebrity Australia & got both deals, the onboard credit & the drinks package. It had to be on a new booking not an existing one. The OBC has appeared on my account but one person told me that the drinks package won't show up until the promotion has finished and another person told me about 6 weeks later - I have done a screen print showing both promotions and their terms & conditions just in case I have to argue my point down the track.

So do you have the drinks package on both cruise Barcelona - Singapore?

Glen

Argh this is driving me insane. Did you book online (and then called to add the beverage package) or did you book over the phone?

Advertisement in Sydney Sunday Telegraph - Escape section, today, re Celebrity cruises, offering 'free drink package on Med Cruises.'

Talking about Celebrity, friends of ours just back from 35 days on Celebrity Millenium in Asia. They did not like the ship, said food was bad, ship too old, tendering a mess, service not good. I looked at some reviews on CC and they confirm some of that. What is going on?

Assuming you're talking about the cruise in your signature that wouldn't qualify as it's an Australian cruise as they have other special pricing for those. The promotion only applies to cruises elsewhere which don't have the specials they've put on Australian ones.

Archived