Celebrity gets real

Argh this is driving me insane. Did you book online (and then called to add the beverage package) or did you book over the phone?

I called them directly - they would not allow me to do it on a cruise I had already booked but I was able to book a new (different) cruise which entitled me to get both deals.

Hi RMKW, that's why I asked for the info to be sent to my own email not posted on CC as I know it's not allowed and I respect that.

Cheers Wendy and David

Hi Wendy and David

I did the same thing and have just had a notice from CruiseCritic telling me that I have gone against the rules and my post has been removed.

I thought that it would be okay too but it is as RMKW states against the rules.

Its killing me to find out these agents but I guess I am just going to have to keep researching.

Regards

pkw

Hi Wendy and David

I did the same thing and have just had a notice from CruiseCritic telling me that I have gone against the rules and my post has been removed.

I thought that it would be okay too but it is as RMKW states against the rules.

Its killing me to find out these agents but I guess I am just going to have to keep researching.

Regards

pkw

Quoting from our Community Guidelines:

"...Cruise Critic defines advertising as an individual or company's attempt to generate business or other commercial enterprise, either directly or indirectly, by using our Cruise Board. Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, requests to be E-mailed, the posting of phone numbers for your business, constantly mentioning that you are in the travel business, and the referring to or posting of one's own Web site address.

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in tone) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

It also means you cannot post links to travel agencies, no matter what the specific reason.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts will result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges..."

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to T/A who got in touch with Celebrity and was told that Celebrity won't offer it on any Australian/NZ sailings it is only for North American bookings or cruises based elsewhere. Sounds a bit unfair to me, but can't complain booked with a good price anyway which has since gone up a fair whack.

Advertisement in Sydney Sunday Telegraph - Escape section, today, re Celebrity cruises, offering 'free drink package on Med Cruises.'

Talking about Celebrity, friends of ours just back from 35 days on Celebrity Millenium in Asia. They did not like the ship, said food was bad, ship too old, tendering a mess, service not good. I looked at some reviews on CC and they confirm some of that. What is going on?

We did the first Asia cruise

The ship is great, so much better than anything Princess, P&O or Carnival offers here.

Service very good.

Food first week great, second week too salty.

Tendering: we had one tender port, worked vey well, we were off ship in half an hour. They announce when to line up for tickets, if you line up straight away you will get off quickly, we had no problem getting back on. I can understand how there would be an issue if everyone left it until the last minute to get back on board.

I think we need to bear in mind that most of the tender ports are in very undeveloped areas and therefore will have limited or no infrastructure to cope with a large ship, so delays should be expected.

We also found that some people were just looking for something to whinge about (not suggesting it was your friends, we never heard any whining Aussies) and dis-satisfaction can be contagious.

Overall we loved the cruise and the ship and would be happy to get back on board tomorrow.

The ship is great, so much better than anything Princess, P&O or Carnival offers here.

Service very good.

Tendering: we had one tender port, worked vey well, we were off ship in half an hour. They announce when to line up for tickets, if you line up straight away you will get off quickly, we had no problem getting back on. I can understand how there would be an issue if everyone left it until the last minute to get back on board.

I think we need to bear in mind that most of the tender ports are in very undeveloped areas and therefore will have limited or no infrastructure to cope with a large ship, so delays should be expected.

We also found that some people were just looking for something to whinge about (not suggesting it was your friends, we never heard any whining Aussies) and dis-satisfaction can be contagious.

Overall we loved the cruise and the ship and would be happy to get back on board tomorrow.

Thanks for that, fair comment. Too many people go on a ship with the wrong attitude, nothing is ever going to be perfect. I think my friends are a bit over the top that way.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise on 'Millie.'

• 2 months later...

Service very good.

When in Halong Bay who did you book your full day cruise with. Will be sailing with my 3 children 24 21 and 18. 3 of us saild on the first Indonesian Millenium cruise in Jan and also found the ship great. Tendering at Lombok was a bit frustrating bout some of that was caused by the Indonesian authorities

They are still advertising this bonus drink package with all new bookings, sailing after June i think. For oceanview cabins & above.My dad booked it last week & is very excited. :D She looks like a beautiful ship.

Archived