Hidden Coin?

OKCruiseMan

• 5 years later...
I think there was a thread on here awhile back talking about where you could find these coins on various ships/class of ships. If you don't want to go on a scavenger hunt on the ship for them, you can go on a scavenger hunt on these boards.
Where is this master thread?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

You'll never find the "real" hidden coin. The ones pictured in the frame on the wall are just copies.

When the ship construction is started at the shipyard, the first step is to lay down the keel (the lowest point of the ship.)

There is a "keel-laying ceremony" where the VIPs from the ship owner and shipyard meet at the construction site. A special coin is then placed into a little compartment which is welded shut, never to see the light of day again (until the ship ends up at the ship breakers in 30 years or so.)

The coins on display are copies of the coin hidden in the keel.

Here's a link to a 2012 post (not the whole thread) with many of the coin locations: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=32408244&postcount=50

I didn't want to copy/paste it as a spoiler. ;p

We took our first cruise a couple years ago aboard Conquest, but didn't find out about these coins until some time after. Come to find out, we walked passed it multiple times and never even noticed. Going on the Glory in June. Already self-spoiled the location, but will still go witness its "glory" in person.