How's Cruising with Mr FDR

cruisepsycho

Just booked our 25th anniversary cruise to Alaska July5th on Regatta. Found out as well that this cruise will also be celebrating the ship's 10th anniversary and the Oceania top executive, Mr Del Rio and his wife the ship's godmother, will be on board too and hosting several special festivities - cocktail party, caviar brunch and what sounds like a gala dinner extravaganza with free flowing limited edition wines. Sounds like the perfect anniversary party for Mr and Mrs Cruisepsycho. I would think that for such a momentous ocasion, the entire crew may go above and beyond their usual high level of service excellence. For those members who have had the pleasure in the past to cruise on Oceania with a member of the lines executive team, should we expect perhaps a more polished cruise with greater attention to passenger satisfaction? Looking forward to a wonderful cruise and meeting our illustrious hosts. Can't wait for this party to begin!

We were on the Crystal Harmony in Alaska in 2005 for the ship and cruise line's 15th anniversary.

What stood out was the extra entertainment. They brought back a number of entertainers who had been on their first cruise. There were 5 comedians and 5 cruise directors, including the very first.

Marcia and I look forward to meeting you Cruisepsycho and all our other shipmates.

We're going to have a BLAST!

Still working on the details, but this sailing will be special on multiple fronts.

July 5 is EXACTLY 10 years since the launch of Regatta in Barcelona on her maiden voyage.

Is anyone who cruised on Regatta's maiden voyage in 2003 sailing with on this voyage?

FDR

Marcia and I look forward to meeting you Cruisepsycho and all our other shipmates.

Still working on the details, but this sailing will be special on multiple fronts.

July 5 is EXACTLY 10 years since the launch of Regatta in Barcelona on her maiden voyage.

Is anyone who cruised on Regatta's maiden voyage in 2003 sailing with on this voyage?

FDR

We cruised on the MV of the Marina and the Riviera!! However, our friends the Diamonds DID cruise on the MV of the Regatta in 2003 and they will be getting on her again as we debark on July 12.

Frances

FDR

Since we were on the christening and maiden voyage..I will check and see what Stu has to say about joining you and Marcia..

Jancruz1

We were on the Regatta when FDR and his wife were passengers. They were very nice and unassuming. They went abut their cruise like we all did. Service was amazing. I'm sure the crew was very aware they were on board. They sat at a table next to us/close to us several times and we seemed to experience the same service as they did.

FDR

Won't be on the anniversary..but surely will never forget the maiden voyage on Regatta it was wonderful and the experience of a lifetime for all on what started as a beautiful day in Bordeaux ..

Congrats on 10 years!!

Won't be on the anniversary..but surely will never forget the maiden voyage on Regatta it was wonderful and the experience of a lifetime for all on what started as a beautiful day in Bordeaux ..

Congrats on 10 years!!

Oh Claudia, what a night in Bordeaux..

Jancruz1

Mr. Del Rio

This will be my 11th cruise on Oceania, as I cruised in 2003 from Lisbon to Miami,

what a wonderful TA on the Regatta. Arriving in Miami was wonderful with all the tug boats out to welcome Regatta to it's home base.

Looking forward to the 10th Anniversary, sailing with you and your wife, I will be so happy to BOARD the REGATTA again.

Ms. Sammie Kay Stewart

While my wife and I were not on the Regatta's maiden vovage in 2003, this cruise will actually mark our 14th anniversary since sailing on this ship. Our first european cruise was in the summer of 1999 when the Regatta sailed as the R2 under Renaissance cruises.

We cruised the western med that year and had such a wonderful vacation that the following year we cruised the eastern med on the R1 which later became the Oceania Insignia. Our first Oceania cruise was again on the Insignia, a Rio to Barcelona transatlantic, and our most recent Oceania cruise was a caribbean sailing last year on the Marina. My wife and I enjoy more the smaller R ships, but I will so much miss Red Ginger, Jacques, and those fabulous meals in La Reserve.

Thank you Mr DelRio for allowing all of us Oceania fans to share your passion for such a singular cruise experiance, which you so successfully molded and transformed from Renaissance to Oceania Cruises. My wife and I wait with anticipation for this special anniversary reunion with the Regatta. And it will be even more special knowing that the man who has made this all possible will be on board sharing with us in celebration. I will toast to your continued success sir, and as a retired naval officer, I will toast to the the beautiful MV Regatta - Long may she and her crew sail with fair winds and following seas!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived