Jonny Rockets Grill

The burgers from room service are generally the best on the ship, other than the ones they occasionally serve in the MDR during lunch. I don't like the burgers in the buffet or JRs. The buffet is cold and overdone. JRs are hot but they seem excessively greasy to me. I love the onion rings at JRs, though!

It wasn't crowded either time we got shakes on Liberty. There were 1 or 2 tables filled at most. I don't think anyone was in there one of the times. We bought shakes in the late afternoon around 4 or 4:30. I didn't pay much attention during normal "meal time" hours so I don't know if JRs was ever busy. Maybe their profits were low so they were charging the cover for shakes to help make up their margins.

At the time I questioned the cover charge because I thought it was only supposed to be for food not drinks. I was told that they don't charge a cover if you only buy a soda but they do for anything they have to make, like shakes, malts, and floats. Since I've only sailed on a couple ships with JRs, I figured that I was mis-remembering not paying a cover charge for shakes. I didn't make an issue of it since he agreed to remove one of the cover charges even though I bought two shakes.

Bacon Cheddar double is 1770 (single is 1120)

Sweet Potato Fries is 590

So that is 2360 calories

Add a shake - low end is the Orange Dreamsicle at 740, high is Peanut Butter at 1100. That gets the range from 3100 to 3460.

Want a Malt rather than a shake? - add 60 calories

Want some grilled mushrooms on the burger? - add 70 calories

Top it with two Onion Rings? 150.

An ounce of Ketchup? 27

Apple Pie ala mode - 840

Spooning the whipped cream garnish off your shake will save you 10 calories though:D

The burgers at JR on Allure last week were among the best I've had, not greasy at all and piping hot when served. So for the cover charge it was good value (better than the land based JR we tried earlier this year and a fraction of the cost).

The breakfasts were great too, large glasses of orange juice too, not the tiny mouthwash size provided in the MDR. Service was fast, friendly and it was a winner with us.

8767381362_d27dc6cc10_z.jpg

I eat healthy regularly and exercise daily. On vacation, I'll exercise too. But vacation is when I throw healthy eating aside and pig out for a bit!

I read somewhere that Calories from Liquid food offset the calories from solid food, so 1,000 from a shake offset 1,000 from a burger. That's a net Zero. Same as the Lasagne and Haagen das diet. At least that's what I think I read. I'm sure I did. Oh well !!:confused:

I read somewhere that Calories from Liquid food offset the calories from solid food, so 1,000 from a shake offset 1,000 from a burger. That's a net Zero. Same as the Lasagne and Haagen das diet. At least that's what I think I read. I'm sure I did. Oh well !!:confused:

Yes!!! Also, drinking diet soda with any meal erases all the calories from said meal. :D

I'm surprised that no one has pointed out yet that it is against Cruise Critic policy to post calorie counts.

Stop it!

They should also add the word 'diet' to the profanity filter.

But the burgers in the buffet are disgusting... cold (or at best luke warm) & tasteless and the buns sit out on the buffet too so they're crusty round the edges.

I'd heard a few people on here talking up the burgers in the WJ but on IOS last week they were amongst the worst I've had.

That's where Princess scores big time over RCI with their free cooked to order burgers on the pool deck.

I could not agree with you more! To your comment; and your point is? I will be removed from Cruise Critic if I write my review of this franchise in a public forum. p~m me if you would like to read the review that shall not be named :-)

I could not agree with you more! To your comment; and your point is? I will be removed from Cruise Critic if I write my review of this franchise in a public forum. p~m me if you would like to read the review that shall not be named :-)

Well then stay on the cruise line you prefer, we each have our own preferences:p

But the burgers in the buffet are disgusting... cold (or at best luke warm) & tasteless and the buns sit out on the buffet too so they're crusty round the edges.

I'd heard a few people on here talking up the burgers in the WJ but on IOS last week they were amongst the worst I've had.

That's where Princess scores big time over RCI with their free cooked to order burgers on the pool deck.

I agree with both sides. Timing is everything. You can get a good burger in the WJ but you'll be rolling the dice.

Just grow a set and publish your review. You're already anonymous so what is it that scares you? :rolleyes:

Archived