Labadee, The best port ever. Pics too...

whitshel

Thanks for the reply. What was served on the regular buffet?

I am still wondering what the advantages are for the cabanas other than providing some shade. We are a group of 8 adults, so it doesn't seem like it would work for us. I guess I plan on floating in the water for most of the time. Is there any decent snorkeling around there?

I don't think there were any steps getting into cabana's 7 and 8 from land which was behind the cabana. The golf carts drop you off very close to your cabana so that will not be a problem. The walkway is behind the cabanas in the area you are talking about so the cart will not be able to go exactly behind your cabana but pretty close. The drop off/pick up area seemed to be behind cabana 9 and 10.

The food area was pretty close, but you can get the golf cart to bring you there if necessary, just give plenty of notice when you want to leave to go there. The lunch area line gets very looong fast and there is not a lot of shade or tables and chairs in that area. We were not very impressed with the food area, but this wasn't a big deal for us, we were just expecting it to be nicer.

Thank you so much for this response! :D

• 4 weeks later...

We are huge fans of Labadee and have had 3 cabanas to date on Barefoot beach; sand, hilltop and over the water. We loved the over the water the best and then hilltop. But to us it doesn't really matter, it's just a wonderful relaxing day in port. Highly recommend Labadee and all it has to offer.

The Haitians working the outside market 'stalls' will eat you alive if you aren't careful! If you've ever been to Grenada and experienced the natives in your face, there, it's even worse in Haiti! Shop in the market place/building before heading down through the market stalls....they don't heckle you there and they pretty much have all the same stuff and more! The market building should not be missed....lots of nice shopping and reasonable prices. Love my hand painted colorful paper machete bowls.

I too was amazed on how the locals in the building selling their trinkets were so much nicer than the ones on the hill.

Man----the HILL vendors were aggressive both verbally and trying to put bracelets on you so you would buy them.

Go in a group, they will be on you.

RCI knows, our cabin attendant told us they are pushy.

Sea Ya

Hi All!

We have rented a Nellies Over the Water cabana on a Feb 2014 cruise on IOS; there are 7 adults. Will this be an issue? It was my understanding it will not. We are all very excited to have a day on Labadee in a cabana.

I had no idea how much fun cabanas could be; this thread has been very fun for me to read!!!

Thanks. :D

Caron

Hi All!

We have rented a Nellies Over the Water cabana on a Feb 2014 cruise on IOS; there are 7 adults. Will this be an issue? It was my understanding it will not. We are all very excited to have a day on Labadee in a cabana.

I had no idea how much fun cabanas could be; this thread has been very fun for me to read!!!

Thanks. :D

Caron

7 adults in a cabana? There are 2 lounge chairs on a deck and room for 2 others to sit inside.

I just saw your 2nd note - we booked ours online last May for March 15, 2014 Independence. They may be all gone or they may only release some of them online. Try going to excursions (I think) as soon as you get on the ship and see about it then - unless you are in a suite and then I'm pretty sure you can email the concierge. Good luck.

• 1 month later...