Millennium Aqua Clas vs standard Veranda?

sueswny

I need help! I am going to book an Alaska cruise in August and I definitely want a balcony. On the date I'm considering, the Aqua Class cabins are the same price as standard balcony cabins. Celebrity said it is because of supply and demand. It sounds like Aqua Class is a better choice...or maybe not??

Can anyone give me some insight into the experience in Aqua Class? If Blu is our assigned dining room, can we eat in the main dining room one one or more nights? How is the food/atmosphere in Blu?

And what are the pros and cons ofAqua class in general?

Many thanks. I'm really stumped by this decision.

We have done Aqua twice and have two more booked. After our first Blu experience, it is hard to imagine going back to he MDR. I believe that you can dine in the MDR if you make arrangements with the Blu maitr'd but I doubt that you would want to. On the refurbished M class ships the Aqua cabins have much nicer showers(no curtain), better shower head, larger towels and an expanded collection of bath products. Personally speaking if the price is comparable you would be crazy not to book Aqua.

On the "M" class ships the cabins are slightly larger in Aqua class over standard Verandah. Plus you will get free bottled water each day and free access to the Persian Garden which can come in handy after a chilly day of glacier watching. Plus breakfast and dinner in Blu. I imagine the reason they are not booking as fast is the requirement of no more than 2 in a cabin. On a summer cruise you may have a fair number of folks who are traveling with kids. I would jump on this opportunity.

On the "M" class ships the cabins are slightly larger in Aqua class over standard Verandah. Plus you will get free bottled water each day and free access to the Persian Garden which can come in handy after a chilly day of glacier watching. Plus breakfast and dinner in Blu. I imagine the reason they are not booking as fast is the requirement of no more than 2 in a cabin. On a summer cruise you may have a fair number of folks who are traveling with kids. I would jump on this opportunity.

Thank you for your post. Can you tell me what size the bottle of water is --- is it a small one or the larger size like what you would get with a drink package? Any suggestions on a good cabin location?

• 1 month later...

Are the cabins really larger in Aqua Class? I don't think I'm seeing that on the deck plan. However, it does look like the balconies may be a tad bit larger on deck 11. Would this be accurate? Anybody have any updated photos or data for Millie?

Concierge and Aqua cabins are 20 sq ft larger. Aqua cabins have glass shower doors and new showers with sprays as well as a normal shower head. Aqua cabins get bottled water...standard 16 oz/500 ml size. Aqua cabins on 11 are phsically identical to those on deck 9. In aqua, your fruit bowl is replenished daily, your flowers are replaced when they wither, water varies depending on your cabin steward...we have always had two bottle delivered every day irrespective of whether we drank everything from the day before.

The difference in cabin size is at the sitting area of the room....standard cabins have a chair and the desk only has drawers on one side...in concierge/aqua cabins, the chair becomes a sofa and there is storage on the other side of the desk.

Hope this helps....we just spent 28 days in aqua on the Millennium...

With AQ, the area where we were on Reflection has a pleasant very light spa scent. You'll also get nice canapes every late afternoon, and my favorite item, the carafe of fruit flavored water. The water flavor changes daily.

If I could change to AQ for the same price as a regular veranda, I'd have no hesitation.

Concierge and Aqua cabins are 20 sq ft larger. Aqua cabins have glass shower doors and new showers with sprays as well as a normal shower head. Aqua cabins get bottled water...standard 16 oz/500 ml size. Aqua cabins on 11 are phsically identical to those on deck 9. In aqua, your fruit bowl is replenished daily, your flowers are replaced when they wither, water varies depending on your cabin steward...we have always had two bottle delivered every day irrespective of whether we drank everything from the day before.

The difference in cabin size is at the sitting area of the room....standard cabins have a chair and the desk only has drawers on one side...in concierge/aqua cabins, the chair becomes a sofa and there is storage on the other side of the desk.

Hope this helps....we just spent 28 days in aqua on the Millennium...

Are the cabins on deck 11 impacted by the basket ball court? Are the balconys covered? We are looking at cabins around 1123 to 1127

Mary Lou

Are the cabins on deck 11 impacted by the basket ball court? Are the balconys covered? We are looking at cabins around 1123 to 1127

Mary Lou

only when they are playing basketball....

The side balcony's have only a small part covered....on the 9th deck, the cabins have a full overhang that blocks the sun. In my opinion, neither are great locations...but we still book aqua for Blu.

Mary Lou

Interior photo of aqua class cabin from Celebrity

Celebrity-Infinity-Aquaclass-cabin-after.jpg

The deck 11 balconies on the sides of the ship have only a small overhang.

Photo previously provided by Boog.

9313.jpg

only when they are playing basketball....

The side balcony's have only a small part covered....on the 9th deck, the cabins have a full overhang that blocks the sun. In my opinion, neither are great locations...but we still book aqua for Blu.

Thanks, we just booked deck 9 port for our Alaska cruise. While the sun would be nice the overhang may block rain and allow us to use the balcony. We had a C1 on our last Alaska cruise and did not think the extra money was worth it. On our upcoming Alaska cruise Aqua was cheaper than CC.

Mary Lou

The deck 11 balconies on the sides of the ship have only a small overhang.

Photo previously provided by Boog.

9313.jpg

this picture says it all, thanks for posting. Glad we did not book deck 11 and will not contemplate an upgrade.

Mary Lou

Looking forward to the small overhang on Deck 11 I think. First time we will have had it - should be interesting. If it rains...which it probably will :) We'll huddle under the baby overhang....and then thrown on the full rain gear when we want to be 'one' with nature! DH and I actually like the locations of aqua....I always like to be one stairwell and flight away from the buffet or a bar :)

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like on Deck 11 the look down shot is better than Deck 9. I like the overhang on 9 but will sacrifice for the better view down from balcony. Can anyone confirm who knows about both? Thanks.

And I also thank you for the pics. Great help.

Archived