Drink Package. Annoyed.

Reaaaallly wish they had this available for my October cruise on Freedom. I brought on rum runners to save a buck and still had a huge bar tab. This would have been well worth it.

When they stopped allowing you to buy booze from the duty free, they should have implemented this immediately. Oh well, what can you do. I will be purchasing next time and leaving the rum runners at home!

I doesn't work at all for some when only one person in the room drinks. The way I understand it is that both in the room must buy the package. They won't sell it to just one person. Or did I hear wrong?

Gina

You heard correctly, all guests 21 and over in the same stateroom must buy the package.

I doesn't work at all for some when only one person in the room drinks. The way I understand it is that both in the room must buy the package. They won't sell it to just one person. Or did I hear wrong?

Gina

Which is why for our summer cruise I switched the family around a bit ;). Now have DH booked with his 16 yo DD and Me in the other cabin with my 21yo DD that way we don't need to purchase 2 pakages . I only drink MAYBE 4-5 drinks on our 7 day cruises and on our last 5 day I only had 2 drinks so it totally would be a waste for me. Now my DH :eek: well thats a horse of another color :D!!

Plus I like my speacial take home glasses and they are not encluded with the package so I will just purchase my drinks.

For us value would be based on the trip, number of days, number of ports etc. In December 2011 we took a 10 night trip with only 4 ports. One of the ports was their island and another was only 7a to 1p. That type of a trip I would probably have bought because there was lots of time to use the package. Upcoming trip is 7 nights and 4 ports. One port we are there 8a to 10pm and figure to go out at night. DH is a diver, and will be diving in two of the ports, so does not drink the evening before a dive. This trip it does not make sense for us to buy the package, so we won't;). It will be trip to trip what we do.

Which is why for our summer cruise I switched the family around a bit ;). Now have DH booked with his 16 yo DD and Me in the other cabin with my 21yo DD that way we don't need to purchase 2 pakages . I only drink MAYBE 4-5 drinks on our 7 day cruises and on our last 5 day I only had 2 drinks so it totally would be a waste for me. Now my DH :eek: well thats a horse of another color :D!!

Plus I like my speacial take home glasses and they are not encluded with the package so I will just purchase my drinks.

This is us, too. Exactly. So DH will be booked with our DS and I will be booked with DD. DH can easily get his money back but I will just buy the 2-5 drinks I will have on our 7 days.

Archived