Where to buy wine?

royal65

I'll need to restock my cabin wine supply in Bagkok (Laem Chaban), Singapore or Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang). Are there any suggestions as to stores convenient to those piers? Do any of the stores at the new Singapore pier facility carry wine?

I'll need to restock my cabin wine supply in Bagkok (Laem Chaban), Singapore or Kuala Lumpur (Port Klang). Are there any suggestions as to stores convenient to those piers? Do any of the stores at the new Singapore pier facility carry wine?

...not much in Laem Chaban nor Port Klang. Your best bet will be in Singapore. You will be walking distance to a few stores. (We purchased other drinks and did not look at the wine selection.) Happy sailing! :)

Sorry to sound like a "Negative Nellie", but Laem Chabang is an industrial port and there are no shops of any kind close by. You will also find that wine is very expensive in Thailand as there is a 400% tax impost.

Wine is also fairly expensive in Singapore and wine/liquor shops are few and far between. I have no knowledge of Port Klang.

If possible, I would consider stocking up somewhere else.

Wine is also fairly expensive in Singapore and wine/liquor shops are few and far between.

I agree with that comment.

They are not big wine drinkers in Asia , so do not expect any bargains at the wine stores you come across. We saw a few stores in Singapore , but a cursory glance at the prices they were asking , was enough to keep us walking on ..... They made the wine cellar on board look like a bargain.

...3 pictures of the Singapore cruiseport. You may be able to see part of the store in one of the pictures. One is a wonderful bakery just outside the cruiseport. Happy sailing!

Is this the new Marina Bay cruise port?

Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand all have pretty stiff tariffs on (imported) wines. May be better to stick with what you can buy onboard. What you buy on shore may also have been improperly stored.

As for Singapore, the taxes on alcohol were said to be flat (on volume instead of value) so more expensive wines may end up to be better bargains.

Archived