St. Kitts -- Beach Recommendations?

cctimmom

I tried going over the to St. Kitts forum but didn't get much of a response. Besides, it's faaaaa-reeeeezing here in MA and I need warm thoughts...

Does anyone have any recommendations for their favorite beach over on St. Kitts? How did you get there? Any cost? Any restaurants?

We love Carombola Beach Club at S Friars Beach. Really nice beach chairs and umbrellas a little pricey (30) for 2 chairs and umbrella, but worth every penny. Think it was 4 dollars per person for cab and the restur. was really nice. Plan on going back this Feb.

We are sailing in a few weeks on the AOS and we booked the St. Kitts Beach Extravaganza through RCI. Since we have never been to this island before, we felt more comfortable doing a ship excursion.

Lucky for you there are no caves here....:eek:;):D

The first time we went to St Kitts we did the plantation and beach excursion. The plantation was to Clay Villa which had to be the best excursion we've been on. The owners do the tour and the grounds are beautiful. We then went to a beach. I can't remember which one but it was beautiful too. Our second trip this past Nov we just stayed in the port which worked out well since it rained almost all day.

Clay Villa has a facebook page too. The owners post pictures and comments all the time. CHeck it out.

Wish I could tell you the name of the beach, but we were also took a cab from the pier and first we had the driver take us to the Batik Factory. We have our own snorkel gear so we told the cab driver to take us to a beach where we could snorkel and eat some lunch. There was only one other couple at the beach and the place to eat was a shack. The snorkeling was great and the place to eat served us a wonderful grilled fish. The driver left us at this remote beach and gave us a time when he would be back. We had not paid him so we were not worried about him showing up and he arrived about 15 minutes early. We had a great time and loved St. Kits.

Shari & John

I agree with the posters on Carambola Beach. We did a tour of the island with Mr. Sunshine, and the last stop was this beach. It was amazing!!! Wish we had known about it, because if we had, we would have skipped the tour and taken a taxi to/from Carambola. It is relatively new and has a very nice restaurant/bar area. We didn't get lounge chairs or food/drink, since we were only going to be there about an hour and a half. One of the guys in our group snorkeled a little and found some pretty interesting things, but we just enjoyed the beautiful sandy beach and blue water.

we have hotel vacation on St. Kitts 3 times & enjoy White house Beach. Old sugar mill ruins to see & never anyone there.

It's sand beach is nothing much, no place to rent a chair/get a drink, it's secluded. At leads 8 years ago.

Our favorite thing was snorkeling, in not that deep of water you will see the remains of old wrecks, heck, we even saw 2 anchors.

Dig in the sand/ shoes/beach glass at the waters edge for more special finds.

Be sure to order a Bushwhacker. They are very, very good. St. Kitts seems to be famous for them. I believe we did a private tour I think it was with Thenford Gray and saw Caribelle Batik, Brimstone Hill Fort, salt ponds, and went to Cockleshell beach where I ordered the famous bushwhacker.

we took a Cat sail from St Kitts to Nevis-- put the cat right on a beautiful sandy beach and then had a BBQ on the beach. The sail over and BBQ -- was sponcered by the ship. Not sure if they still do it or not. Was a fantrasticllyy fantastic day. AKA it was great.

Archived