From the POM to Miami airpot

kenholt

I would like to here from anyone who has used carnival transfer from POM to the Miami airport to catch a 11:30 ish flight.How long was the ride to airport? How early did you leave the ship? Were you at all pressed for time. Any advice for a couple who are looking to do the same or what not to do? thanks for you help.

I would like to here from anyone who has used carnival transfer from POM to the Miami airport to catch a 11:30 ish flight.How long was the ride to airport? How early did you leave the ship? Were you at all pressed for time. Any advice for a couple who are looking to do the same or what not to do? thanks for you help.

what not to do is use the Carnival shuttle. Grab a cab, flat rate $24. You leave the ship, grab your bags and grab a cab. Maybe 20 minute ride.

I think an 11:30am flight falls within Carnivals guidelines for their shuttle though.

Bill

what not to do is use the Carnival shuttle. Grab a cab, flat rate $24. You leave the ship, grab your bags and grab a cab. Maybe 20 minute ride.

I think an 11:30am flight falls within Carnivals guidelines for their shuttle though.

Bill

Will we be able to use the luggage express option, were that take our bags to the airport and we pick them up at our final destination?

Will we be able to use the luggage express option, were that take our bags to the airport and we pick them up at our final destination?

I think luggage express is limited to flights from noon on, but you'll need to research those details with Carnival. Not sure why you want to spend an extra $20 each for Luggage express with an early flight? :confused:

We regularly use cabs from POM to MIA without issue -- you should be fine with an 11:30 flight; grab breakfast, off the ship by 9:00, in a taxi and straight to MIA. Good luck! :)

I think luggage express is limited to flights from noon on, but you'll need to research those details with Carnival. Not sure why you want to spend an extra $20 each for Luggage express with an early flight? :confused:

We regularly use cabs from POM to MIA without issue -- you should be fine with an 11:30 flight; grab breakfast, off the ship by 9:00, in a taxi and straight to MIA. Good luck! :)

Thanks John

We book a flight after Noon

We get off the ship by 9 am get our bags get a taxi & go

This trip we are getting a private service to pick us up & are sharing with another couple

Do what works best for you

The quickest trip is by taxi- after you collect your bags (or better yet, do the self-debark and drag bags with you) and clear CBP, head straight to the curb, and join the taxi line- there's plenty of taxis waiting, so you'll likely not even 'wait'.

Ride to the airport is about 20 min- by 9am the commuter traffic is done, and it's smooth sailing.

I cruise out of POM every February, sometimes twice a year, never had trouble getting to MIA for flights leaving as early as 1100.

If your airline allows it, check in online using your phones/web browser, then either reprint boarding pass from a kiosk or have the boarding pass sent to your mobile device.

The quickest trip is by taxi- after you collect your bags (or better yet, do the self-debark and drag bags with you) and clear CBP, head straight to the curb, and join the taxi line- there's plenty of taxis waiting, so you'll likely not even 'wait'.

Ride to the airport is about 20 min- by 9am the commuter traffic is done, and it's smooth sailing.

I cruise out of POM every February, sometimes twice a year, never had trouble getting to MIA for flights leaving as early as 1100.

If your airline allows it, check in online using your phones/web browser, then either reprint boarding pass from a kiosk or have the boarding pass sent to your mobile device.

Thanks for your feedback, very helpfully.

So much easier and cheaper to take the cab back to Miami International Airport for the twenty four dollar flat fee. As others have all ready said, depending on traffic the trip back should take less than twenty minutes, especially if it's after rush hour. There's always plenty of cabs located at the Port Of Miami waiting for you.

• 2 weeks later...

OP, people here have made the case for cab, against shuttle and yet you seem unconvinced... tell me this... how much is the Carnival shuttle per person? I bet it's a lot more than $24 plus tip. :) You also have to wait for the bus to fill up before they will leave. A cab leaves when you get into it. :D

Archived