Splendor concerns

matt87

hello cruisers! in july we are planning to take the Splendor out of NYC but i have reservations about this ship. its just seems to be a bad luck ship. the voyage south from NYC is two sea days going full bore 21 knts. we did this trip on the Miracle and all was fine. we also headed north to Canada on the Glory w/o a hitch. i just hope this ship is well sorted before it comes to the east coast. maybe i'm being a little to paranoid but this will be our 5th cruise and the previous 4 were all perfect. cruise insurance cover mechanical ship issues?

hello cruisers! in july we are planning to take the Splendor out of NYC but i have reservations about this ship. its just seems to be a bad luck ship. the voyage south from NYC is two sea days going full bore 21 knts. we did this trip on the Miracle and all was fine. we also headed north to Canada on the Glory w/o a hitch. i just hope this ship is well sorted before it comes to the east coast. maybe i'm being a little to paranoid but this will be our 5th cruise and the previous 4 were all perfect. cruise insurance cover mechanical ship issues?

i kinda feel the same way with my june cruise :eek:. I didnt purcahse cruise insurance, maybe i should

I wonder how the splendor engines is going to handle the stress of running at 21 knots for 48+ hours

I thought the Miracle and those class ships were built to handle the greater distances, as well as those turbulent waters around Cape Hatteras.

I am VERY curious how this ship will handle the Atlantic.

The Splendor and the Miracle are not the same class ships.

I have sailed the Splendor 2 times and have never sailed the posted ports in their order or not at all. As I have said on these boards several times I believe this ship is cursed. IMHO

The Splendor and the Miracle are not the same class ships.

I have sailed the Splendor 2 times and have never sailed the posted ports in their order or not at all. As I have said on these boards several times I believe this ship is cursed. IMHO

Not sure why you thought I thought they were the same class. That's why I wonder how this ship will handle the Altlantic.

I have sailed her three times with no problems. :)

However, I was on the RCCL Radiance of the Seas when she hit us pulling into port in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. :eek:

It's useless to worry over things you have no control over. Either go and have a great attitude or cancel and choose a different cruise.

There is never a guarantee.

Seems to be doing well on its current 15-day Hawaiian trip...

will the Splendor even fit through the panama canal or is it going all the way south around south america? that'll be a good test of its engines lol! our trip on the miracle was very rough the first night out, it may be better suited to the atlantic ocean than the Splendor, but its no QM2. all the modern cruise ships handle poorly in bad seas.

will the Splendor even fit through the panama canal or is it going all the way south around south america? that'll be a good test of its engines lol! our trip on the miracle was very rough the first night out, it may be better suited to the atlantic ocean than the Splendor, but its no QM2. all the modern cruise ships handle poorly in bad seas.

It's gotta go all the way around.

:cool:Hey anyone out there can you please tell me if me being partially disablled could go on a shore excursion to St Johns while i am in St. Thomas. I don't do beaches, but i have been to St. thomas i did there tour

now i would like to do something diferent while i am there. I can walk not much with the help of a cane. What does anyone suggest. I am also alittle afraid about the Splendor.Not that i would stop cruising but just alittle afraid.

:cool:Hey anyone out there can you please tell me if me being partially disablled could go on a shore excursion to St Johns while i am in St. Thomas. I don't do beaches, but i have been to St. thomas i did there tour

now i would like to do something diferent while i am there. I can walk not much with the help of a cane. What does anyone suggest. I am also alittle afraid about the Splendor.Not that i would stop cruising but just alittle afraid.

Try this :)post in the ports area under St. Johns or St. Thomas...or hunt for the mobility..special needs sections..:)..Great planning...have fun and hope you find something that works...Sarah

Considering the Splendor is going to be sailing from California to NYC, I think she can handle it. No worries here.

Plus, we're sailing on her in March our of New York and I refuse to think otherwise! :D

Considering the Splendor is going to be sailing from California to NYC, I think she can handle it. No worries here.

Plus, we're sailing on her in March our of New York and I refuse to think otherwise! :D

We are also booked on the Splendor out of NYC, but in June. I'm hoping sailing around the Horn will be a good test. If she can do that with no problems, I'll take it as a good sign. I am kind of wondering if they would allow me to walk around the ship with some burning sage before we leave port :rolleyes:

Perhaps I'll just bring along some crystals, a four leaf clover and a rabbit's foot!

This will be the Splendor's second trip around the horn, that's how she got to California to begin with.

And the most recent incident was due to an entanglement with fishing nets, could happen to anybody.

And, we're thrilled to be getting the Miracle! Sorry East Coasters.:p

This will be the Splendor's second trip around the horn, that's how she got to California to begin with.

And the most recent incident was due to an entanglement with fishing nets, could happen to anybody.

And, we're thrilled to be getting the Miracle! Sorry East Coasters.:p

But 2 cruises in a row? It was supposedly fixed on my cruise on December 9 cruise when we spent 2 dats in PV instead of Cabo for the exact sae reason.

But 2 cruises in a row? It was supposedly fixed on my cruise on December 9 cruise when we spent 2 dats in PV instead of Cabo for the exact sae reason.

They were unable to complete the repairs on your cruise because parts were on order.

Archived