Help, I need assurance

Freebythesea

This is our first time on NCL on the Star to the W. Caribbean next month. We have sailed with HAL twice and have really enjoyed our cruises. I have gone over the CC boards and reviews and it all sounds wonderful BUT it appears that most things I have read about are from people who have balcony/suites and we are in an OV. I never felt like a "second class citizen" on HAL and want to be assured (from others who have been in either an interior room or an OV) that you felt just as taken care of.

I sailed in a suite on the Star and an Inside cabin on the Pearl. I didn't see any difference in the service I received. Only thing that stood out on the Star was breakfast at Cagney's and the size of my room and balcony. Truly no differences in the service I got from any employee.

In my signature I include the type of cabin.

We've done insides, OVs, balconies, and suites.

Always felt welcome & taken-care-of.

Enjoy! (EDIT: I used to , until I ran into character limits on the Sig. But we've done the full range)

Stephen

One cruise to date with NCL. One party had an inside and I was in a AFT Balcony. No difference in treatment. If anything, those in the inside got more attention than I did. Steward was more "chatty" than ours was.

Once you are out of the cabin, no difference whatsoever. As for reviews, not sure why you might read more from folks in balcony's and/or suites.

I sailed in a suite on the Star and an Inside cabin on the Pearl. I didn't see any difference in the service I received. Only thing that stood out on the Star was breakfast at Cagney's and the size of my room and balcony. Truly no differences in the service I got from any employee.

This is absolutely the truth. We have experienced the same excellent level of service in all categories. You will not feel like you are onboard the Titanic. :eek: In addition, the Star has one of the friendliest crews at sea. Mom2tcdx - LOVE YOUR ICON! :D

This is our first time on NCL on the Star to the W. Caribbean next month. We have sailed with HAL twice and have really enjoyed our cruises. I have gone over the CC boards and reviews and it all sounds wonderful BUT it appears that most things I have read about are from people who have balcony/suites and we are in an OV. I never felt like a "second class citizen" on HAL and want to be assured (from others who have been in either an interior room or an OV) that you felt just as taken care of.

We have never had a balcony on NCL, usually have cheapest OV which many times is a porthole. We have never been treated like second class citizens. Our treatment hasn't been any different than we experienced on HAL in a balcony.

NCL service is outstanding, no matter what your cabin category is.

I have also sailed with HAL a couple of times and found the service to be very similar to NCL. Both were very good and both the crews are the friendliest at sea. I have not stayed in anything above an OV on either line, so I can't compare the suite or balcony experience for you. I don't think either line will make you feel like a second class citizen. Happy Sailing and enjoy your trip.

So first the suite perks are only available to full suites and higher, not balconies, not even mini suites. The only people aware of the suite perks are the people in suites! Honestly we cruised several times in a regular balcony cabin with ncl and had a blast and had no idea the suites/suite perks even existed! Now we do cruise in a suite and enjoy the perks but that doesn't effect how we are treated, there is no stamp on my forehead that says "suite guest you better be nice".

That being said customer service on ncl is usually wonderful with a very friendly crew to each and every passenger. No one cares what people paid for their rooms.

Just go, have a positive attitude, don't worry that someone is getting more then you and you will have a blast!!

One area I feel NCL shines in is service and friendliness both from the crew and officers, in any cabin category.

I would recommend attending your CC Meet & Greet on board. It gives you a chance to meet the hotel director and officers and you can call them directly with any concerns.

I guess the OP's concerns confuse me. How would anyone know if you are OV or inside? Short of room steward, no one else would even know.

Don't invent worries and have a great cruise. :)

The dining room hostesses ask for your cabin #. Sometimes we used our DD's inside cabin # and sometimes we gave the # of our balcony cabin depending on who spoke up first. We never noticed any difference in where we were sat or the service that we received.

We've never noticed any difference in treatment. The NCL crews are lovely and stewards we've had were great (some friendlier than others but that's just difference in personalities). Other than stewards and possibly if they ask for your cabin number somewhere, people only know where your cabin is if you volunteer it. Relax and enjoy NCL; I'll bet you sail with them even more in the future!

Yes the people in the suites get special treatment when they are in their suite and they have access to the concierge too BUT I have never sailed in a suite.

I truly believe that once you leave the suite that the crew will treat everyone exactly the same wherever you are on the ship. They do not care what type of cabin you are sailing in and cannot tell just from looking at you. I have never seen anyone not treated wonderfully by NCL crew even some who were treating crew badly.

Irrespective of what grade of cabin you book you can be confident that it really doesn't matter and go and have a great trip.

All 9 of my cruises have been in inside cabins - 3 of those on NCL (I was on the Star less than a month ago). We have always received wonderful service on all of our cruises, and the Star was certainly no exception. I see absolutely confident that you will receive the same wonderful service no matter where your cabin is.

People who gripe about being treated like second class citizens are really No Class Citizens. They got treated better than they deserve.

Act like a first class citizen, and treat everyone who works on the ship like they are, too. If you treat your cruise staff like servants, you are a No Class Citizen.

I had an Oceanview above the Spinnaker lounge. Couldn't hear any sound from below and had a wonderful time on the Star last month.

In any of my seven NCL cruises. However, to get the best treatment, get to know your cabin steward at the beginning of your cruise. Also attend your CC meet and greet meeting and find out how to contact the ship's hotel director. Talk to him or her and establish a relationship. If you have a problem with your room or service, first talk to the steward and if you don't get satisfaction, contact the hotel director. Don't go to the front desk for complaints, they usually don't resolve them. The key is to resolve your complaints while you are still on the cruise and not wait afterwards to file a negative review on the CC message board.

Archived