All of the suites gone for a May cruise?

tdmullins

I am booked on a four day cruise on the Jewel for May 2nd. I am currently booked in a JR suite. I check the prices everyday in case the prices go down (they have only went up). After final payment I was going to keep watch in case the Grand Suites drop close to what I have already paid and try to snag one of those. In my price checking there has been several JR suites and Grand Suites still available, giving me hopes for some price drops.

I checked yesterday and the only suite available was a Royal Suite. Everything else is gone. I checked again today thinking it may just be the website acting foolish, but its the same.

Could the website be malfunctioning? Has anybody else seen this happen and have another explanation?

I have my cabin booked and I know this will in no way effect my cruise. But I am curious. BTW, all other categories seem to be fine.

Low Inventory = High Demand = All Sold Out...Can happen anytime...Just another reminder to always book the cabin you want not what you hope for..You've got my favorite catagory cabin..enjoy !!

So I called Royal Caribbean today because my curiosity couldn't take it any longer. And I wanted to put any thoughts of upgrading out of my mind if they were all gone. Over the last four days all suites have stayed booked with the Royal Suite showing at times and at times showing booked.

The representative told me that all the suites that were left were being held in a group holding. She said that they hold rooms like that sometimes so that if a big group wants rooms together they are available. She said they would release the ones that didn't sale closer to sailing.

Does this make sense and is anyone else familiar with this?

So I called Royal Caribbean today because my curiosity couldn't take it any longer. And I wanted to put any thoughts of upgrading out of my mind if they were all gone. Over the last four days all suites have stayed booked with the Royal Suite showing at times and at times showing booked.

The representative told me that all the suites that were left were being held in a group holding. She said that they hold rooms like that sometimes so that if a big group wants rooms together they are available. She said they would release the ones that didn't sale closer to sailing.

Does this make sense and is anyone else familiar with this?

The TA would have had to put down a deposit to to hold the cabins and, absent some special arrangement, will need to make final payment soon (group final payment is due a few days earlier than individual final payment). I can't imagine them making full final payment and risking cancellation penalties if they don't sell the cabins, but stranger things have happened.

There are websites where you can track cabin availability and pricing, but we're not allowed to name them.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to come back and let everyone know the outcome of the suites. All of the suites came and went a few times before final payment. The price of my JS never dropped below what I paid for it. But a couple of weeks after final payment it did drop significantly, so did the Grand Suites. I ended up upgrading to a Grand Suite for only $100 more than what I paid for my JS.

I am still watching the prices. Who knows, maybe the Owners suites will drop to what I paid for the GS. I person can wish right?

I just wanted to come back and let everyone know the outcome of the suites. All of the suites came and went a few times before final payment. The price of my JS never dropped below what I paid for it. But a couple of weeks after final payment it did drop significantly, so did the Grand Suites. I ended up upgrading to a Grand Suite for only $100 more than what I paid for my JS.

I am still watching the prices. Who knows, maybe the Owners suites will drop to what I paid for the GS. I person can wish right?

Best of luck (Kentucky, my original home state always gets my attention :))...My JS on the May 17th ROS to Alaska has never gone down in price since I booked it a year ago..and the JS's sold out long ago..Only one GS is open but still priced high and not worth it to me as I prefer the JS's..Enjoy your GS at an amazing price difference and will keep my fingers crossed for you to get that OS :D

Enjoy your Grand Suite. It was my favorite ship to be in a Grand Suite. It is more intimate and the concierge service was impeccable. The nice thing is yhey have two overflow areas, 1 in the lobby just outside so you can enjoy the music in the centrum and another in the vortex lounge.

The inventory situation happened to me and I had to act quickly. A friend decided to go with us on Enchantment this July but she had no one to go with so she had to get an inside (pay for 2 people) while the two of us had a JS across the hall. I tried and tried and tried for weeks to get a GS for all three of us, but the 3rd and 4th person limit had been exceeded. Called every day for three weeks and then I noticed, mysteriously, that the 3rd and 4th was open again. As soon as I got home from work, I scooped that baby up right away and put all three of us in a GS for less than the price of two cabins. Now I am hoping for that same thing to happen to get us to OS but that isn't looking too great. Keep trying, I believe that inventory from a group was released and that's the only reason I was able to get that cabin.

That is great news.

We have traveled in suites several times, and never on a cruise where the price has dropped, so no upgrade from Jr to Grand or Grand to Owners.

In fact, on my upcoming TA the price of the suites only went up.

Have fun in the Concierge lounge :)

I love the GS on the Radiance class. We are in a GS on Jewel on May 18th for our 35th anniversary and we booked almost a year in advance. Only suites left is the Royal Suite and JS. The JS is now going for $900 more per person than we booked the GS for!

Archived