New Cruise Critic Member

markdb111

Greetings fellow cruise "lovers". We have been on about 18 cruises since 1984 but just joined CC. I would love to learn more about this fabulous site. We just came back from an impromptu Carnival Paradise 5 dayer but have Celebrity Silohouette April 29 booked. Love to learn from others about shore excursions at these Medeteranian ports.

Greetings fellow cruise "lovers". We have been on about 18 cruises since 1984 but just joined CC. I would love to learn more about this fabulous site. We just came back from an impromptu Carnival Paradise 5 dayer but have Celebrity Silohouette April 29 booked. Love to learn from others about shore excursions at these Medeteranian ports.

Try using the search engine at the top of the page. That should direct you to what you're looking for.

Welcome to cruise critic and I hope you have a great cruise. This is a great board for asking general questions about Celebrity. Below is a link to the roll call for your cruise. The people on that board will be going on the cruise with you, some may have excursions booked or may need people to join them. There are other boards on the Cruise critic site for the various ports, they can be helpful also.

Heres the link to your roll call...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1625423

markdb111,

welcome to CC forums. It is a good reminder that most cruisers have never heard of Cruise Critic.

It is a wonderufl site for gathering information. I do love the Ports of Call forums. You will find a wealth of information about European ports of call.

Happy planning, and enjoy your Celebrity cruise to a wonderfu area of the world.

Welcome. I think you'll find CC to be a great time waster... seriously it's a lot of fun and you can make some great online friendships and learn a bunch about cruising. In my opinion, the best way to jump in is just to start reading through posts.

I bookmarked this forum in my browser so I can drop in every day by just clicking the link (it auto logs me in, and goes to the main forum list of topics). You can do this by dragging the icon in the address bar of your browser to the link bar (typically right below the address bar). That will create a button for this site.

The topics are sorted in date/time order so I can see who has posted what most recently. I also like how they put in the little square with a check mark in it for topics I've replied to so I can keep up with which topics someone may have commented on my comments or that I was interested enough in to comment on in the first place.

It's super easy to use and you learn a lot just by spending time reading and participating. No one ever cares if you ask questions (you'll find that lots of people will jump in with their opinions or experience).

If you are booked for a specific sailing you can also look up your Rollcall thread to meet and talk to people who will be on your particular cruise. That is always a great experience since you're sharing it with others you can eventually meet up with on the cruise.

Also, remember that a lot of the comments posted here are just people's opinion or best guess based on what they think they know. No one here is qualified as an absolute authority. It always pays to crosscheck what people tell you with the Celebrity site. There are some very opinionated topics (I.E., formal nights, drink packages, booking earlier or later, etc.), but don't be dismayed by the often heated debates... I think that is some of the fun of this kind of forum. At the end of the day nearly everyone here is super cordial and mostly just having fun expressing opinions and debating topics.

It's better than debating religion or politics :D

Tom

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You'll find your days shorter now....shortened by all the time you spend on CC. It's a wonderful site. I, too, have a special link that gets me here. Saves so much time since I'm on here 5 or 6 times/day!;)

...join the Silly's 15 night transatlantic from Ft Lauderdale and you can just B2B it with your 29 April Med cruise?! :cool: :D ;)

Prices are CRAZY cheap 'cause there are still so many cabins open. I got an inside for $599pp + $123 in taxes, with $100 OBC from the online site and another $250 OBC from the rccl shareholder benefit. :eek: :)

For some GREAT info on some med ports, check out the "pirates of the med" post by HickoryShampoo

As a new user, I suggest you go to your User CP (see link located near top left, just under Cruise Critic Logo).

Heer you can setup a signature if you wish, but I found the options something you should review.

When I am using my home computer, I change the number of posts per page to 200, so I can see more at one time.

When traveling and using a smartphone, You can also block others signatures or photos, and change the number of post per page, to make things load faster.

Other options are available. Just take a moment and make you CC experience the best.

Archived