Refrigerators?

readytogo2

You can bring non alcoholic beverages on for free. I brought a case of water and apple juice for the kids. We also brought wine and champagne ($15 & $20 for magnum).

We had a fridge in the suite. I'm not sure about other cabins.

As far as I know, all NCL ships have cabin refridges except the Spirit. They will be stocked with expensive mini bar type stuff. You can have you room steward remove that stuff if you don't want it. You can carry on drinks (water, soft drinks, juice) that are not alcohol drinks. You can bring on wine but must pay $15 per bottle to do so.

There are small refrigerators in all cabins on all NCL ships except the Spirit (I think). When you arrive, they will be full of "honor bar" items that you pay as you use them (a price list is in the cabin). They are small, but I found that a regular beer bottle would stand up in them.

If you want to put your own stuff in these, I recommend that you, early on, have your room steward remove all of the NCL items.

You can bring non-alcoholic beverages onboard without a problem. Many people who do that also bring a small cooler and ask the room steward to keep it full of ice.

I always just move the stuff out if the fridge myself. Why have the room steward do it ? He's busy enough on the first day.

A least, notify the cabin steward of items removed.

On our last NCL cruise, a secondary person takes a count and refills the fridge...

He may get confused. You don't want to get charged.

A least, notify the cabin steward of items removed.

On our last NCL cruise, a secondary person takes a count and refills the fridge...

He may get confused. You don't want to get charged.

Correct. Have them do it.

No to freezer and the fridge does not work as well as a normal fridge at home. It does keep things cool, but not necessarily cold. Keep your beer in the bucket with ice :).

I'm happy to hear that Norwegian has fridges in the staterooms. They must be like the other cruise lines I have been on before. As you say, there are only to keep things cool..not cold. The wine and or beer always went in the bucket of ice.

Correct. Have them do it.

No to freezer and the fridge does not work as well as a normal fridge at home. It does keep things cool, but not necessarily cold. Keep your beer in the bucket with ice :).

As far as I know, all NCL ships have cabin refridges except the Spirit. They will be stocked with expensive mini bar type stuff. You can have you room steward remove that stuff if you don't want it. You can carry on drinks (water, soft drinks, juice) that are not alcohol drinks. You can bring on wine but must pay $15 per bottle to do so.

I know that on Carnival, you pay a corkage fee of $15 to have you bottle of wine (that you bring onboard) opened in the MDR, but there is no corkage fee if you open it in your cabin and bring a glass of it to the MDR with you. I'll assume this is the same with NCL?

I know that on Carnival, you pay a corkage fee of $15 to have you bottle of wine (that you bring onboard) opened in the MDR, but there is no corkage fee if you open it in your cabin and bring a glass of it to the MDR with you. I'll assume this is the same with NCL?

Nope!

Don't laugh, but I am jumping ship in St Maarten and I always bring my own filet's to St Maarten when I fly. So I am going to give it a try on the ship. I hope it will be cold enough. It is a vacume sealed roast. I know your going to say that you thought you had heard everything. With people traveling by air to St Maarten it is very common. The meat is not that great there and very expensive.

Don't laugh, but I am jumping ship in St Maarten and I always bring my own filet's to St Maarten when I fly. So I am going to give it a try on the ship. I hope it will be cold enough. It is a vacume sealed roast. I know your going to say that you thought you had heard everything. With people traveling by air to St Maarten it is very common. The meat is not that great there and very expensive.

Not laughing at all, maybe a little, :p enjoy. :cool:

We have found very good quality meats at Cost-U-Less and very nice steaks (frozen) at good prices at Prime Distributors.

gary

Nope!

So how do they know if and when you've opened a bottle of wine that you brought onboard? Do they automatically charge a corkage fee simply because you brought a bottle onboard? What if you don't open it while onboard (maybe at a port)? What if you don't open it period (take the full bottle back off the ship with you at the end of the cruise)?

So how do they know if and when you've opened a bottle of wine that you brought onboard? Do they automatically charge a corkage fee simply because you brought a bottle onboard? What if you don't open it while onboard (maybe at a port)? What if you don't open it period (take the full bottle back off the ship with you at the end of the cruise)?

As I've been told, you pay the corkage on the way ONTO the ship, before anyone has opened anything, so they get their money up front. I don't know what happens if you don't open it at all, but I suspect you don't get that money back. :confused: Certainly, they aren't going to care if it has been opened on shore or ship. My only question would be...are you allowed to take it ashore at all ports? To be honest, I don't know for certain.

For these reasons, I've planned how much wine to bring aboard very carefully to avoid paying for way more corkage than we'll use. There's little chance we're going to drink more than 3 bottles in a week, so I'm bringing 4...just in case. :rolleyes: Yeah. I overpack/overplan a bit, but that's me.

DML

Archived