Oasis of the seas time change in st thomas

sarah85

Hi everyone,

Quick question, when the oasis if the seas docks in st Thomas, does the ship have you turn your watches forward and ship time changes or do you stay on 'ship time' and therefore your watch is an hour behind st Thomas time.

The ships time will be on the screen above the escalator to the gangway. Keep your watch on ships time. Also keep in mind that your cell phone will most likely change time zones and be off from ships time.

Also keep in mind that your cell phone will most likely change time zones and be off from ships time.

Excellent point. There are many people who use their phone as their watch and could easily have a problem if they don't take note of this.

The Oasis stays on ship's time - no matter what time zone they are in.

I was on a ship that changed time to match the time on land and it was so confusing. I doubt any ship does that anymore.

Excellent point. There are many people who use their phone as their watch and could easily have a problem if they don't take note of this.

I was on a ship that changed time to match the time on land and it was so confusing. I doubt any ship does that anymore.

Navigator changed time this past March when we arrived in the Atlantic time zone from Ft. Lauderdale. Coming home there was no need to change time as we arrived back on the day that daylight savings time went into effect.

We have only experienced it on RC for our repositioning cruise to Hawaii.

I think RCI only changes ship time when they are changing "home" ports. If you embark and disembark from the same port the ship's time won't change short of day light savings time.

I think RCI only changes ship time when they are changing "home" ports. If you embark and disembark from the same port the ship's time won't change short of day light savings time.

That's interesting. I figured they just stopped changing the ship's time because of confusion. And boy, it was confusing when they did it. I like it better if I can set my watch on ship's time and be done with it.

However, those who use their cell phones as watches while in port must have to be very careful to be mindful of the cell phone picking up local time. :eek:

We changed time on Indy lthis past December to match San Juan time, which was an hour later than Florida time. This cruise started and ended in Ft. Lauderdale. Time changes can happen anytime the Captain wants to change time.

We changed time on Indy lthis past December to match San Juan time, which was an hour later than Florida time. This cruise started and ended in Ft. Lauderdale. Time changes can happen anytime the Captain wants to change time.

But apparently some are going to continue to "believe" what they want no matter what some of us have experienced.

Archived