Steakhouse Reservations

shheriii

We are sailing on the Liberty in April. This will be my third cruise, but we have never eaten at the Steakhouse. What were your experiences like? Was it worth the $35? We are interested in this, but I would love some feedback on it!

We always eat in the steakhouse at least once and have always been very pleased. Food and service is excellent and the ambiance sedate. Their wine list is excellent as well. We tour it when we board and make our reservations as well as pick our table. I feel it is well worth the price as long as you like steak.

We did the Steak House on the Dream and it was really worth the extra money. We chose to do it on formal night since we would be dressing up anyway.

The whole experience was perfect.

The only thing I did not like was not being able to finish my porterhouse steak! :)

I chose the chocolate sampler. Oh! I was so full and I still sampled it all. LOL

We are sailing on the Liberty in April. This will be my third cruise, but we have never eaten at the Steakhouse. What were your experiences like? Was it worth the $35? We are interested in this, but I would love some feedback on it!

Keep in mind it's $35 on top of what you've already paid for an uneaten meal in the MDR.

We tried it once just to see what it was all about, and yes it was very good, but we didn't think it was worth the extra, at the time, $90.

I am also on the Liberty in April! I have booked the steakhouse. I tried it for the first time on the Valor and we loved it. I was not sure at first if I wanted to spend the money. I was glad we did because it was the best meal we had on the ship. We like to book it on the last night of our cruise. Kind of like a tribute to our wonderful vacation!

Is it worth $35? Not in my opinion. However, I do it just for the change of pace. Is the food good? Yes. Would you pay more for the same dinner if you were not on a cruise? Yes.

I've eaten there six times, starting when the price was "only" $25 per person.

Simply put, there is good food in the MDR that you don't have to pay extra for. If you go to the steakhouse you'll get even better food. You'll have to decide if it is worth $35 per person more than the food in the MDR.

I understand some of you folks have booked the "Steakhouse" prior to your departure?

I just purchased a 4 day trip on the "Victory" from Miami to Key West and Cozumel yesterday over the phone from Carnival.

They did not mention anything about making reservations for the Steakhouse.

Do I make this reservation on the Carnival website and then pay with my credit card? ... I guess I can also make the reservation on the boat once it sets sail?

Thank's,

I understand some of you folks have booked the "Steakhouse" prior to your departure?

I just purchased a 4 day trip on the "Victory" from Miami to Key West and Cozumel yesterday over the phone from Carnival.

They did not mention anything about making reservations for the Steakhouse.

Do I make this reservation on the Carnival website and then pay with my credit card? I guess I can also make the reservation on the boat once it sets sail?

Thank's,

You can make reservations here:

https://secure.carnival.com/Activities/Controls/SteakhouseRequest

I've never seen anything about pre-paying for it. You just present your S&S card at the end of the meal and the waiter brings you back a receipt.

You can make reservations here:

https://secure.carnival.com/Activities/Controls/SteakhouseRequest

I've never seen anything about pre-paying for it. You just present your S&S card at the end of the meal and the waiter brings you back a receipt.

Thank's a bunch. I am suprised the women that I purchased the cruise from over the phone (it was directly though Carnival) did not even mention anything about all this.

By her accent, the lady sounded like she worked at a call center in India, so I guess she didn't know much about the Steakhouse reservations .... But she really tried to get me to buy the "Vacation Protection Plan". She spent alot of time pushing the sale of this option ... I didn't buy it.

We would like to book the steak house but would like to see the menu from the other dining room to decide what night to go to the steak house. We are going to be on the Carnival Valor. Is there a way to see the menu from the main dining room? :confused:

We would like to book the steak house but would like to see the menu from the other dining room to decide what night to go to the steak house. We are going to be on the Carnival Valor. Is there a way to see the menu from the main dining room? :confused:

go to the dining room around 3 and it will be posted. You could also try doing a search for cruise menus here.

I just got off the phone with Carnival ... Getting a reservation at the Steakhouse is now a non-issue with me.

The boat I'm sailing on (Victory) don't even have a Steakhouse.

The steakhouses are located on the four Spirit class ships, the five Conquest class ships and the three Dream class ships.

Archived