If You are Flying From Logan for Your Cruise........

sail7seas

If you are sailing this weekend, you best be on your way out of Boston tonight or tomorrow. They are now forecasting metropolitan Boston is likely a bullseye for huge storm now forming.

We all know the airlines pull planes in advance and the forecasters are saying it is entirely possible we can get 24" or even more snow starting Friday morning. Up to hurricane force winds and high tides, coastal erosion...... Groan. This sounds like a bad one and I hope all Cruisers are already on their way out of town to meet their ships.

Travel safely.

If you are sailing this weekend, you best be on your way out of Boston tonight or tomorrow. They are now forecasting metropolitan Boston is likely a bullseye for huge storm now forming.

We all know the airlines pull planes in advance and the forecasters are saying it is entirely possible we can get 24" or even more snow starting Friday morning. Up to hurricane force winds and high tides, coastal erosion...... Groan. This sounds like a bad one and I hope all Cruisers are already on their way out of town to meet their ships.

Travel safely.

Couldn't you for just this once keep it down there in the Boston States instead of sending it up to us when you are done with it? :D

Seriously, it sounds like a nasty weekend with two storms coming. It is not what I like to associate with the term "back to back".

Seems it is Quebec that is sending us the cold air needed to mix with the moisture coming up the coast to make for this giant storm.

I know you just had a bad one in Atlantic Canada. Hope this one sails out to sea and misses you.

As long as we keep our power, we'll manage. I always fear loss of power.

Seems it is Quebec that is sending us the cold air needed to mix with the moisture coming up the coast to make for this giant storm.

I know you just had a bad one in Atlantic Canada. Hope this one sails out to sea and misses you.

As long as we keep our power, we'll manage. I always fear loss of power.

We're right on target for this one Friday night and a second one on the weekend so people may want to scramble out of here earlier as well.

We'll be thinking of our Canadian friends and wishing you well. Boston is predicted to get the worst for u s Friday night and into Saturday morning. It's supposed to be a long, slow storm and might stall over us. :eek:

Yes, cruisers best be leaving the Maritimes now if they wish to sail this weekend.

Stay safe everyone. 24" must be a record.

Don't guess so. Today is the anniversary of the Blizzard of '78, when we had 27" of snow where I am. The State was closed down for a week.

Early preditions for this storm are for up to 20" in my area. Fortunately, I am back from my cruise, went shopping today, and have enough bread, milk, eggs, meat, and chocolate to last for the duration.

Who laughs at you? :D

Never once have I laughed at you. :)

Local weather said with the high winds they are expecting there could actually be areas that get 5 FOOT drifts. :eek: I certainly hope it doesn't choose our driveway to decide to drift.

I imagine they are already getting planes out of Boston's Logan Airport and are relocating them so they won't get stuck on the ground if the airport closes.

6:00 PM news was full of dread and the Toronto airport is warning of flights being cancelled for Friday. Two storms, one from Alberta, the other from the Gulf of Mexico are hitting the area starting Thursday afternoon. It will start gently with only 1 or 2 cm of snow in Toronto...but overnight Thrusday through Friday we are going to get hammered with 20 - 30 cm in the city and over 40 where we are on top of the Niagara Escarpment.

The weather predicted the worst storm in 2 or 3 winters. That doesn't say much because Toronto got next to no snow last winter but it won't stop this winter!

So that means I won't be able to drive to work Friday....:eek::D

Travel safely.

Get out now! This reminds me of the Snowmaggedon of 2010 in the U.S. mid-Atlantic. We had two feet (60 cm) of snow the Monday before our cruise, with another foot (30 cm) forecast. We dashed south in between. The forecast was exceeded by the actual event.

We went early, and wasted time on the way ... but we got to Ft. Lauderdale in time to embark Noordam. Others joined us in Grand Turk, because they delayed their escape. If you sail soon, go, git, vamos, gehen sie, andare!

Dave

6:00 PM news was full of dread and the Toronto airport is warning of flights being cancelled for Friday. Two storms, one from Alberta, the other from the Gulf of Mexico are hitting the area starting Thursday afternoon. It will start gently with only 1 or 2 cm of snow in Toronto...but overnight Thrusday through Friday we are going to get hammered with 20 - 30 cm in the city and over 40 where we are on top of the Niagara Escarpment.

The weather predicted the worst storm in 2 or 3 winters. That doesn't say much because Toronto got next to no snow last winter but it won't stop this winter!

So that means I won't be able to drive to work Friday....:eek::D

IIRC didn't you say that you prefer snow to rain a couple of months ago? I remember it was someone from Ontario so I hope I'm not mistaken.

IF we had a cruise this weekend, we would have already been gone!!!

No cruise right now for us so we're home to wait for the snow to arrive. Sigh.....

I'm grateful we found a reliable, dependable snow plow guy to help us out. We surely will need his help on this one. :)

Who laughs at you? :D

Never once have I laughed at you. :)

Local weather said with the high winds they are expecting there could actually be areas that get 5 FOOT drifts. :eek: I certainly hope it doesn't choose our driveway to decide to drift.

I imagine they are already getting planes out of Boston's Logan Airport and are relocating them so they won't get stuck on the ground if the airport closes.

I always feel terrible for people when I hear this. It drives me crazy when posters come on from Florida or California to say it's nice there. Really! Thanks so much for that. You have my complete sympathy and I hope you will do better then they think.

We're expecting 6 - 12 inches here. Friday is the last day of school and the start of mid minter break for many schools in the east. I can't imagine what airports will be like. My daughter and grand sons are supposed to fly to LA Saturday night. I'm hoping she can get out of here early.

I would imagine all the major NYC, NJ airports will divert planes away from here before the storm and then it will take several days for everything to return to normal.

Yikes, you folks up there on the east coast are facing a double whammy this year? Hope the best for you. The worst I have to face Friday morning is the boring drive across Alligator Alley:D

But the winters are why we moved down here to Florida and it really paid off this year!

Archived