Leaving on the Breeze on 2/10....

chrisC84

Fingers crossed for everyone flying out this weekend. I'm also sailing Sunday on the BREEZE but the pier is only a 15-20 minute drive from my house.

We upgraded about a week ago from an inside on Deck 2 to a spa balcony on Deck 12. Glad we did as I think the ship is sold out.

Hope everyone makes it safely and in time for sailing!

Ernie

Fantastic upgrade. Not too late to check out our roll call. Meet and mingle is Sunday at 3:30, aft bar.

I'll be keeping you and all other travelers from the NE in my thoughts.......

Even though I live in the middle of the country we still have flight delays due to ice and snow............

The best thing about being retired is our ability to "take out" several days early if need be.

Best of luck to everyone........

I'd see if they can change your flight to BWI ... then drive down there late Saturday night... better safe than sorry.

even if the planes are flying , your plane may not have arrived + many people will be trying to be rebooked after being cancelled, etc.

I think some people aren't realizing that we aren't getting just 2 ft of fluffy snow. We have extremely high tides which will cause major coastal flooding and Logan sits on the water. And with the blizzard type conditions we are looking at drifts of 5-6ft planes will not be coming or going to Logan between Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon. Once they clean out they need to get the stuck planes out so they can bring planes in. While the airport won't be closed for days, everything else comes into play. I hope the best the op gets out and since you aren't able to get out before the storm I would try to get to the airport ASAP Sunday and if your flight is delayed/cancelled start searching airlines for standby or any open ability

Logan should be open by Sunday morning very very limited but all the flight cancelations and the backlogs. Any thoughts about flying early tomorrow or alternate ways down south, like driving to another airport on the east coast. If it was me I’d be loading my car now. I just wish you the best of luck.

Logan is open but will be canceling flights as of tomorrow. We did take the insurance and I spoke to rep today. They would want us to fly to the Turks on Tuesday BUT there are not flights going from the Turks from Boston or providence that would get us there on time. Therefor I would receive a refund for the cruise and will be able to board on another in a few weeks.....bc we would be missing 50% of the cruise at this point.

Not risking driving down south to another airport, I can't leave tonight because if my job (not a job where I can just call out without giving a 10-12 hour notice).

airline rep has stated to let it flow and see what happens, worse of the storm will be over Saturday morning, I still have 24 hours to leave. There isn't just one plane that goes from Boston to Miami! Holdin my head up, if it's canceled we get the refund and can go in 2 weeks........we are also going with 4 other people so that's another reason as to why we can't leave tonight! ( no am flights available for tomorrow)....I hope the "cruise gods" are listening!!!!

Logan should be open by Sunday morning very very limited but all the flight cancelations and the backlogs. Any thoughts about flying early tomorrow or alternate ways down south, like driving to another airport on the east coast. If it was me I’d be loading my car now. I just wish you the best of luck.

Storm is brewing up the east coast...most airports have nothing. I can either risk driving with 4 others or hope it doesn't get canceled, if it does we will get a refund bc we will also end up missing Turks port ( no early flights going into there on Tuesday).

Logan is open but will be canceling flights as of tomorrow. We did take the insurance and I spoke to rep today. They would want us to fly to the Turks on Tuesday BUT there are not flights going from the Turks from Boston or providence that would get us there on time. Therefor I would receive a refund for the cruise and will be able to board on another in a few weeks.....bc we would be missing 50% of the cruise at this point.

Not risking driving down south to another airport, I can't leave tonight because if my job (not a job where I can just call out without giving a 10-12 hour notice).

airline rep has stated to let it flow and see what happens, worse of the storm will be over Saturday morning, I still have 24 hours to leave. There isn't just one plane that goes from Boston to Miami! Holdin my head up, if it's canceled we get the refund and can go in 2 weeks........we are also going with 4 other people so that's another reason as to why we can't leave tonight! ( no am flights available for tomorrow)....I hope the "cruise gods" are listening!!!!

I feel your pain. I remember being glued to the weather channel when hurricane Sandy was hitting the east coast. We were scheduled on the Pride, which was ultimately canceled.

I wish you luck and hope you get to go on your cruise!

I would start driving...right now. Our airports up here (Canada) handle snow very well but that amount of snow would definitely cause a backlog and major issues. We leave next Friday and I will just saying how glad it was that it's not tomorrow!

again, driving right now is not an option. I'm not retired! haha

I have already looked at a flight out of NY if ours gets canceled....3hour drive, so it would work.

Logan has already stated that flights will resume Saturday evening. Airlines are not advising about Sunday at this point!

Will keep you guys updated and hopefully my next post is from the Miami port on Sunday!!!:cool:

Oh boy, that is stressful!

I also have a Sunday cruise coming up but fortunately I was able to switch my flight from Saturday to Thursday with no fee. My entire office is working from home today so it makes no difference that I work from Florida today.

I hope you make it safely and in time. Thankfully you have insurance so it wouldn't be too much of a loss even in the worst case scenario. Keep us posted!

I'm looking forward to the 10 plus new posters sunday and monday complaining about how Carnival didn't refund them their money because they were snowed in.

Good luck Chris. I hope you're able to make the cruise next week but at least if not you can go in a few more weeks. It will just build suspense and anticipation for the 24th!

Channel 7 (local news) just stated that Logan has said "no departures until Sunday" Did not say what time. They did say they may allow arrivals late Sat./Sat night. Sorry.

Thats good news because I am leaving Sunday at 9:30, i don't have the first few flights out. From what I have been told the people that were canceled they will be rebooked when seats are available. I'm keeping my head up, nothing I can do. If it gets canceled then we are canceling our cruise and getting a refund through our insurance, we will recruise in a few weeks

If you are booked for Sunday you should be okay. Ignore the post saying it will be a few days. They must not be from around here. LOL Once the snow slows down tomorrow morning they will get flights caught up.

EXACTLY!! They are going to be continuously plowing that snow at Logan. The machines can do a runway in 10 minutes, this will slow down tomorrow morning!

We are driving into Boston tomorrow night around 6:30 because our Limo guy cancelled on us. We booked a room near the airport and parking our vehicles there for the week, extremely affordable too! I'm keeping my head up!!!:):cool::D:):p

Hopefully you'll make it on your flight sunday and not get bumped! I assume you're on AA -- which is good because they have lots of BOS-MIA flights.

News stated this morning that 3600+ flights have been cancelled so far (not just BOS, but the whole area).. so the system is going to be clogged with a lot of backlogged passengers...

It's pretty bad this morning but we've got the whole day to dig out (and the snow will be stopping by mid-afternoon) so I don't doubt the planes will be flying tomorrow. Just really hoping they honor your res and don't bump you!

Archived