Boarding question - go back to terminal?

lmp29

Our group of 20 people will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale at different times. Does anyone know if half of the group can go through the embarkation process as soon as we are permitted to board but then go back to take the group picture when the rest of our group arrives a few hours later? The picture area is technically after the booths where one is cleared to get on the ship.....

I know that the best solution is to wait until everyone arrives, but I'm one of those crazies that wants to be on the ship the earliest possible moment.

thanks for any experience you can share.

Not sure how that works as you would be getting back off the ship against the flow of people getting on. I believe the picture area you refer to is after the check in desk but before the sea pass picture entry point. I'm pretty sure you can do it though. But the other option might be to meet all on board as dixieva suggests and have a picture taken somewhere on board. Think you would have better backdrops as well.

I suppose this is a silly question, but honestly, though I may not have noticed them, I simply cannot remember any photographers; do they just roam or are they stationed in different areas like they are on on formal nights? thanks.

I suppose this is a silly question, but honestly, though I may not have noticed them, I simply cannot remember any photographers; do they just roam or are they stationed in different areas like they are on on formal nights? thanks.

Hope to hear some good places to catch photographers as we have a group of 15 that will be boarding at different times / C&A status. We plan to meet up at a certain point so hope we can find someone for a group

I would almost be inclined to grab the first roaming photographer you find and ask if he can be at a specific spot at whatever time. If he can't, can one of his team be there?

They are paid a comission on the pics you buy, but I'm sure it would be worthwhile if everyone threw in a couple of bucks... They'll probably follow you around the rest of the cruise.:)

If you don't see any roaming around you could ask at the purser's desk. I'm betting they will find one for you:)!

A few years ago we were traveling with a large group and wanted a group photo taken. We approached one of the photogs taking pics out in the hallways before you go into the MDR and arranged a time and place to meet him. The pic turned out great! We had it taken on the curved marble stairway in the centrum.

Our group was on deck 12 (Freedom of the seas) for sail away. A photographer who was wandering around for sail away photos found us and took a picture of all of us. It was very nice and made for a great group photo.

Of course, it probably helped that most of us were wearing matching T-shirts, so we probably looked like a group which may have drawn him to us.

You can return! We just did that on jewel of the seas and went back to the metal detector area in search of a misplaced cell phone. It was not easy however as you are basically "swimming upstream" against the rush of oncoming traffic. Other than that issue we could go back for the photo you want with no problem.

Thank you so much for the responses, very helpful!

We also have the matching tshirts (been called cheesy, but we love it!) and part of the reason that we want the picture with everyone.

I love the idea of the curved staircase!

Many thanks!

Our group of 20 people will be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale at different times. Does anyone know if half of the group can go through the embarkation process as soon as we are permitted to board but then go back to take the group picture when the rest of our group arrives a few hours later? The picture area is technically after the booths where one is cleared to get on the ship.....
Sure you can.

Boarding does not even need to be half the group at a time.

Each person can board separately or with someone else, as they wish, and couples or families can get embarkation photos taken as they board, or not, as they please.

Then you can all go back together to get a group picture taken later.

If you wait until too late in the day, the photographers may no longer be set up at the embarkation area with their embarkation backdrop.

But you can always catch a ship photographer to take a group photo.

I've got off the ship in San Juan. We checked in early then went back to Old Town for a while. It wasn't that hard to get off - little bit of "swimming upstream" around the gangway.

If OP wants the group photo in front of the backdrop that has the ship name, sail date, etc. then the group will have to get together in the check in area. If they simply want a group photo, then they should meet on the pool deck around sail away time. There is usually at least one photographer walking around.

Since it sounds like you're going to be one of the first of the group to board, why not stop and ask the "boarding photographers" the best way to accomplish this? Or at very least, ask what time they will be there taking pictures until? :)

Archived