1 Booking...7 different confirmations!

norcalal

Last week I booked the Oasis of the Seas for the April 13 sailing. I had to pay in full as it was already past final. I did this on line after C&A was closed for the evening. I called in the next morning to apply a Next Cruise Cert.

I expected;

100.00 credit for deposit

100.00 ob booking bonus

200.00 balcony diamond discount

The C&A agent also said I had a credit of 102.28 for "Price guarantee".

The Booking Confirmation did not reflect any of this, so I called in again and this started a series of 8 phone calls resulting in 7 different accounting's on a total of 7 confirmations. My online, payment history also is different! My last conversation was with a C&A supervisor who questioned that I had paid in full when I made the booking. She almost believed me when I told her it WAS after final and I was required to make full payment. She was only convinced when I sent her a copy of the email I received!

Her "fix" was to credit my cc for the 100 deposit credit. I told her that I did not care how she did it. I simply asked for another Booking Confirmation. I got it and it was the most confusing of all the others.

The 102.28 credit is now a 202.28 charge and there is no AD16-100 ONBRDCR.

I have simply given up....I will wait until the second cruise day to see what obc appears. If it is not there, I will stand in line aboard ship only to ask for the 300 obc that I know I have coming, ask one time and then be prepared to deal with it after the cruise.

I am not an accountant, but this is not complicated. This rant is about RCCLs Booking confirmation system. Someone with common sense needs to revamp it......end of rant

BTW...I did ask to speak to the res desk

Wow, it sounds confusing. If your OBC doesn't appear within the first few days I have found it easier and quicker to speak with the Loyalty Ambassador, as opposed to Guest Relations. They can pull up your records faster and can get the credit applied. The real plus is not having to wait in the sometimes long line at GR.

Wow, it sounds confusing. If your OBC doesn't appear within the first few days I have found it easier and quicker to speak with the Loyalty Ambassador, as opposed to Guest Relations. They can pull up your records faster and can get the credit applied. The real plus is not having to wait in the sometimes long line at GR.

Great idea...thanks

OK, Presuming:

1) The LA is actually at the LA desk (they only have a few "office" hours/day

2) The LA is not tied up doing someone else's booking (s)

3) The LA's computer is working.

If you go to GS with all of your paperwork (all 7 versions and counting) and ask to speak directly with the purser, you stand a better chance of getting resolution.

Perhaps I'm confused. When one books using a Next Cruise, I thought they had to use that reservation number. If you booked otherwise, you would have a different booking number and the next cruise benefits would not apply. Maybe that's where all the confusion comes from.

Hope it works out for you.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Perhaps I'm confused. When one books using a Next Cruise, I thought they had to use that reservation number. If you booked otherwise, you would have a different booking number and the next cruise benefits would not apply. Maybe that's where all the confusion comes from.

Hope it works out for you.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

You are correct....on my first call they canceled the booking I made the night before and gave me the Next Cruise number.

Just to explain why I did not wait till morning. My daughter is a full time wheelchair user and I was concerned that the accessible cabin we wanted would not be there next day.

Great idea...thanks

I hope your OBC is properly credited so you don't have to use it:D

OK, Presuming:

1) The LA is actually at the LA desk (they only have a few "office" hours/day

2) The LA is not tied up doing someone else's booking (s)

3) The LA's computer is working.

If you go to GS with all of your paperwork (all 7 versions and counting) and ask to speak directly with the purser, you stand a better chance of getting resolution.

Making an appointment with the LA is as easy as signing into the appointment book and the two times I've had to ask them to get my OBC applied it has taken less than 5 minutes for them to do so without having to bring any paperwork. Whereas, on Rhapsody the first time my OBC didn't appear I went to GR, waited in a long line and then was told I would have to call Miami to get it applied. YMMV:)

Last week I booked the Oasis of the Seas for the April 13 sailing. I had to pay in full as it was already past final. I did this on line after C&A was closed for the evening. I called in the next morning to apply a Next Cruise Cert.

I expected;

100.00 ob booking bonus

The Booking Confirmation did not reflect any of this, so I called in again and this started a series of 8 phone calls resulting in 7 different accounting's on a total of 7 confirmations. My online, payment history also is different! My last conversation was with a C&A supervisor who questioned that I had paid in full when I made the booking. She almost believed me when I told her it WAS after final and I was required to make full payment. She was only convinced when I sent her a copy of the email I received!

Her "fix" was to credit my cc for the 100 deposit credit. I told her that I did not care how she did it. I simply asked for another Booking Confirmation. I got it and it was the most confusing of all the others.

I have simply given up....I will wait until the second cruise day to see what obc appears. If it is not there, I will stand in line aboard ship only to ask for the 300 obc that I know I have coming, ask one time and then be prepared to deal with it after the cruise.

I am not an accountant, but this is not complicated. This rant is about RCCLs Booking confirmation system. Someone with common sense needs to revamp it......end of rant

sounds like to me that you booked it without telling them you had the next cruise certificate. If you did, they would have pulled up the reservation and billed you for the cruise minus the deposit made and minus the balcony discount. You would have received the OBC automatically.

Strong words of advice:

(I know that this is aggravating, BUT......)

Straighten this out NOW, on shore. DO NOT WAIT until you board the ship.

Things become 1,000 times more difficult and less likely to be resolved.

THEY have to communicate with Miami and the back-and-forth is time-consuming and less likely to produce the results that you want.

DO IT NOW.

Thank you for reading. :D

sounds like to me that you booked it without telling them you had the next cruise certificate. If you did, they would have pulled up the reservation and billed you for the cruise minus the deposit made and minus the balcony discount. You would have received the OBC automatically.

You are correct....on my first call they canceled the booking I made the night before and gave me the Next Cruise number.

Just to explain why I did not wait till morning. My daughter is a full time wheelchair user and I was concerned that the accessible cabin we wanted would not be there next day.

You can not apply a Next Cruise Cert on line

Why didn't you simply put a 24 hours courtesy hold on the accessible cabin you wanted and then sorted it out the next day?:confused:

attachment.php?attachmentid=260066&d=1360448149

OasisAc.jpg.fda3114d8a8555476415ae84266b0de9.jpg

You can not apply a Next Cruise Cert on line

Well, it's 20/20 hindsight, but you should have put the cabin "on hold" and called in the morning. (I understand that you didn't wish to lose this particular cabin)

But now that it is done, call the resolutions department and get this all straightened out now.

Strong words of advice:

(I know that this is aggravating, BUT......)

Straighten this out NOW, on shore. DO NOT WAIT until you board the ship.

Things become 1,000 times more difficult and less likely to be resolved.

THEY have to communicate with Miami and the back-and-forth is time-consuming and less likely to produce the results that you want.

DO IT NOW.

Thank you for reading. :D

Sage advise MM, but during my last 3 calls I heard, "I wonder why she did it this way". (once from the c&a supervisor.) If they can't understand it, I have little faith. I have 300 bucks coming. I don't care about the 102 that the first agent said I had a best price credit for. No other agent could explain what it was for! I actually have faith that the 200+100 will show up on the second day. If not, I will have a package made up of all copies and questions and plunk it down, tell them what I expect, and cruise.

Sage advise MM, but during my last 3 calls I heard, "I wonder why she did it this way". (once from the c&a supervisor.) If they can't understand it, I have little faith. I have 300 bucks coming. I don't care about the 102 that the first agent said I had a best price credit for. No other agent could explain what it was for! I actually have faith that the 200+100 will show up on the second day. If not, I will have a package made up of all copies and questions and plunk it down, tell them what I expect, and cruise.

get a new invoice emailed to you and see what it says. If your OBC is on it, it should certainly be there when you cruise. If it's not, you have more calling to do

Why didn't you simply put a 24 hours courtesy hold on the accessible cabin you wanted and then sorted it out the next day?:confused:

attachment.php?attachmentid=260066&d=1360448149

Well, it's 20/20 hindsight, but you should have put the cabin "on hold" and called in the morning. (I understand that you didn't wish to lose this particular cabin)

But now that it is done, call the resolutions department and get this all straightened out now.

I did that the day before and it while we were getting all our ducks in a row....it ran out and I did not know that you could do it again. I now understand that it can be done

The C&A supervisor kept putting me on hold and said that she was getting her answers from resolutions!

I expected;

100.00 ob booking bonus

FYI the on board booking bonus is applied by the system and can be from now, or up to closer to your sailing.

FYI the on board booking bonus is applied by the system and can be from now, or up to closer to your sailing.

I do understand that but my beef is that the agents nor a supervisor could explain what the Booking charge terms meant!

example;

OBPP-OBC PRC PRT with a charge of 102.28 that I was told by the first agent was a credit!

I dont know how to post actual booking copies...tried but failed

• 2 months later...

Pot Right

I expected;

100.00 ob booking bonus

As it turned out I received 408.20 OBC and they could not really explain what the extra 8 bucks were for....but who cares:D

Pot Right

As it turned out I received 408.20 OBC and they could not really explain what the extra 8 bucks were for....but who cares:D

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what the outcome was. Glad it all worked out! ;)

I expected;

100.00 ob booking bonus

the problem:

when you use a next cruise you must use the booking number on the next cruise. other wise your res is screwed up. this is what happened.

Pot Right

the $8.20 is an adjustment on the taxes. when you use a next cruise, they use the date you bought the next cruise. the taxes were probably less on that date.

Archived