Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Here's some notes I took from the press conference:

Most of the 23 public bathrooms onboard are working.

Cabin bathrooms are working forward and part of midship.

This fire was not like the Splendor. On the Splendor there was an explosion. Not the case on the Triumph.

They will offer pax some choices on transportation and places to stay, mentioning Mobile and NOLA.

This fire was not like the Splendor. On the Splendor there was an explosion. Not the case on the Triumph.

They will offer pax some choices on transportation and places to stay, mentioning Mobile and NOLA.

Thanks for the recap. I wasn't able to see most of it. I only caught the end.

Thanks for the link I would have missed it otherwise.

SO either he is really spinning it or it isnt as bad as some assume

1500 hotel rooms reserved in Mobile and New Orleans, 20 chartered flights ready for Friday AM to Houston, or chartered buses to leave Thursday night for those who want to head home ASAP, extra staff from NO and Miami ready to assist for embarkation. Immediate urgent care tents setup upon embarkation for immediate medical needs. Transportation provided from IAH to Galveston port to get car. City of Mobile hospitality ready to assist and help make passengers feel loved!

Planes chartered leave Friday AM. If passengers don't want to spend the night in Mobile or NO, they can take a chartred bus on Thursday PM to Houston or Galveston.

Can't wait to hear if passengers have been given hourly updates......no mention of awful conditions? I didn't catch the 1st few minutes

I heard something about pax being given hourly updates but discontinuing them during sleeping hours.

I got all that too, thanks to your link. Did you hear anything else prior to that or had you just found the feed then too?

I heard something about pax being given hourly updates but discontinuing them during sleeping hours.

I meant to say whether pax will report that they did get hourly updates and info about toilets working/not working, etc. CEO is really putting his career on the line if he is not giving correct information. Hope it is all true.

Keep in mind the time lag... it's possible toilets are operational now but weren't yesterday when most of the reports and texts from pax came in.

Now, now, don’t you mess this thread up by attempting to toss LOGIC into it!:D

I got all that too, thanks to your link. Did you hear anything else prior to that or had you just found the feed then too?

When I got on he was thanking the USCG and his team... I didn't pay too close attention to that though. I also couldn't hear all the press questions asked.

The press did ask something about prior mechanical issues ... he repeated info from their prior statements, to the effect of they had an alternator issue that was repaired, but is not related to the fire on this sailing.

When I got on he was thanking the USCG and his team... I didn't pay too close attention to that though. I also couldn't hear all the press questions asked.

The press did ask something about prior mechanical issues ... he repeated info from their prior statements, to the effect of they had an alternator issue that was repaired, but is not related to the fire on this sailing.

Thanks! I was looking at all the cable news channels but they were carrying the LAPD news conference and hadn't considered looking for an online feed. Thanks again for the info.

I wish someone had asked about the crew. I am sympathetic towards everyone in this situation, but it seems that only the passengers are being discussed in the media. Not only are the crew working for next to nothing right now, but they're having to keeping this mess as clean as possible.

I know when the Splendor returned to San Diego, the crew were also given hotel rooms for a few days to shower, eat, and sleep. I sincerely hope that hotel rooms for the crew are included in the mass amounts they are reserving. They have a huge task ahead of them, and they are probably getting very little, if any sleep. They need a break, too; real food, air conditioning, hot shower, and some time where they don't have to deal with other people's sh!t - literally and figuratively.

I can't tell which is more heated- the interior of the Triumph or the message boards related to the "incident".

Carnival could have prevented this, no they couldn't!

Carnival is the best! No they aren't they're responsible for the Titanic sinking!

It was an accident! No the CEO started the fire to celebrate his 90 million dollar bonus!

These are just some of te wild ideas being thrown around... Why don't we just wait till the ship gets back to land and see what happens???

Remember when an accident wasn't anyones fault, it was just an accident!

Didnt Carnival leave Mobile on short notice ??

They sure did. I was on a Cruise out of Mobile when I heard the news. I live in TN so decided to do a cruise last minute. I usually cruise from another port and on another cruise line. I just got off a Celebrity Ship, and it was wonderful.

Diane in Music City

Archived