Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Four to five hours to disembark Triumph sounds correct for Mobile. Can move a little faster without dealing with customs but everyone carrying their bags will take a lot of time. I had one of the last zones when I was on Elation and it was about 2.5 hours from time to start to finish. That is not going to be a fun process. Mobile also has a long gangway. Just hope the tempers don't fly in that line. I could see some people getting very frustrated.

News said about 4 hours. They are supposed to have 200 extra people working. Each passenger will handle their own luggage. Only one elevator works, so they are supposed to use a relay system of workers to get your suitcases down the stairways to exit.

And they dropped more supplies, etc. but, don’t let the details stand in your way of a good story.

If they could drop supplies yesterday, why not before? is there any reason they could not have done this before as word of the long food waits became apparent? What stopped them.?

If there is a logical reason, please let us know.

I

Likewise, age, mobility, and life experiences all impaced how passengers perceived and handled the events and conditions on board. The experience and the perspective of the passenger who is completely traumatized and has a long recovery from this is no more or less valid than that of the person who was able to take things in stride and "make the best of the situation."

Hopefully, most chose the latter.

TA is an EXCELLENT souce of hotels, restaurants, attractions, etc.. I'd probably say it is number one in the WORLD.... I know all about AAA and dropped that archaic organization probably 20 years ago... probably time

to modernize research websites... :rolleyes:

You miss the point. The ratings on Trip Advisor are helpful, I'll give you that. but what they don't do well is segregate types of properties. A Motel 6 is never going to offer the same level of service and amenities as a Ritz Carlton, yet both could get the same number of stars on Trip Advisor. While you can get a good picture on the pluses and minuses of a given hotel by reading the reviews (I've contributed over 200 myself), you can't just go by the "stars" to determine how good the hotel is actually going to be.

Note in current pics/video of the lido, none of those sheets are anywhere in sight.

Almost every passenger interviewed has commented on how the crew had been scrambling the last few hours to clean up before officials came on board.

In all the interviews I heard, every single passenger praised the good job the crew has done.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/14/live-crippled-ship-limping-to-shore/?hpt=hp_c1

Updated at 12:33 p.m. ET] More details about the sanitary situation: Carnival has said a couple dozen toilets for the more than 4,000 people aboard are working

Hopefully this will finally put to rest the view that "most of the toilets are working" that some posters had read in to the CCL press releases earlier this week... and accusing CC members of fabricating accounts to the contrary

Note in current pics/video of the lido, none of those sheets are anywhere in sight.

Almost every passenger interviewed has commented on how the crew had been scrambling the last few hours to clean up before officials came on board.

In all the interviews I heard, every single passenger praised the good job the crew has done.

I heard that too by more than one person interviewed. Why wait until now to clean? Did more crew magically just appear? Let's see how the Carnival apologists spin this one.

That is too easy to understand. I honestly have to question the IQ level of the average Carnival cheerleader. Thank goodness one of the former hosts is no longer on this b

Hey HAL lover I have personally seen one of your passengers drop a turd from his pant leg onto the carpet an go on his merry way while cruising Holland America and that was on a regular cruise

If they could drop supplies yesterday, why not before? is there any reason they could not have done this before as word of the long food waits became apparent? What stopped them.?

If there is a logical reason, please let us know.

They could do some light items but it also takes helicopters to transfer heavy goods from ship to ship. A generator was transferred yesterday that could not be transferred without helicopter. You could have gotten a ship out there with some of those supplies but would have been lacking helicopters with the lift capacity because they were beyond the safe range for the helicopter to operate without running out of fuel.

CNN has done a great job.

Yes, I did hear the one gentleman who was taking things in stride. Almost made me think they were interviewing one of the Diamond VIFP members who posted on this thread. I am glad he was taking things in stride. Alas, I also heard at least 5 other interviews painting a far different picture than he did. I also saw video of the raw sewage running down the walls

Really the only thing people agreed on was the crew was great - kudos to them.

And the steak and lobster today - did you not hear the several other interviews talking about how miraculously Carnival was working feverously to clean up the ship today after the Coast Guard boarded and it approaches port? And how magically, after having to live with meatless sandwiches, cucumber and onion sandwiches, etc for days they rolled out steak and lobster for lunch today as they were approaching land and cell phones were now in range

Do you think the food miraculously got better because they got food dropped off that wasn't spoiled and as passengers said, they got some grills working and they could COOK the food? Do you think that maybe there is some more cleaning going on because they got water back and that more supplies were dropped off? How fast do you think they went through cleaning supplies the first couple days especially without water? Even one of the passengers who described bad conditions said the crew had been cleaning all along as best they could and were working 20 hours a day constantly cleaning rails, staying in the restrooms to keep cleaning, etc.

Pick and choose.

Horrible situation for many, bearable for others but there is no doubt the media and some here are sensationalizing every single thing.

I agree with you but anyone can file a suit, there is just no way to win LOL due to the passenger contract. And I thought I read back during the Concordia that the settlements for that were pretty low all things considered in that case.....

They might not win, but they will continue the pressure on CCL to make real and significant changes to the way they manage their company, hopefully creating safer ships.

Just got of the phone with my wife who is onboard. She tells me she injured her back when she slipped on a wet deck/floor and is in pain. Now if that was not bad enough, she watched another woman passenger who was more seriously injured, refused treatment by the staff because she would not sign paperwork they wanter her to sign which would require her to pay for services. Now for you "cheerleader" types or the ones who think this is unrelialble information....You can take this to the Bank Bub! My wife and I have no reason whatsoever to fabricate or lie about any of this.

I hope she feels better soon. :( It's absurd that anyone would have to pay for medical care given the circumstances.

kudos to whomever came up with those tents/sun visors. nice way to get some privacy, be out in the open air and, yet, stay out of the sun. it being about 40 degrees and cloudy, today, i can see how they were no longer of use and it was time to take them down.

looking through the pictures it looks as though the interior cabin pax did a good job of setting themselves up some ventilated space. it must have been quite the job dragging those mattresses around but it looks like it worked.

as for debarkation. personally i think i'd just be leaving my clothes and getting off the ship with as little as possible. its only stuff. heck, if my suitcase was old i'd probably leave that, too. a carry-all or a back pack would suffice.

and for those who have spoken to your families, i bet your glad and hopefully you are in mobile to welcome them back and get them home safely. i'm sure that's how my family would have done it if someone we loved was on the cruise from hell.

I heard that too by more than one person interviewed. Why wait until now to clean? Did more crew magically just appear? Let's see how the Carnival apologists spin this one.

No, water came back on and supplies were dropped off. Pretty simple.

Do you think the food miraculously got better because they got food dropped off that wasn't spoiled and as passengers said, they got some grills working and they could COOK the food? Do you think that maybe there is some more cleaning going on because they got water back and that more supplies were dropped off? How fast do you think they went through cleaning supplies the first couple days especially without water? Even one of the passengers who described bad conditions said the crew had been cleaning all along as best they could and were working 20 hours a day constantly cleaning rails, staying in the restrooms to keep cleaning, etc.

Pick and choose.

Horrible situation for many, bearable for others but there is no doubt the media and some here are sensationalizing every single thing.

While I am sure the steak and lobster was dropped off by a chopper today, ask yourself why did the passengers have to suffer with cold cucumber and tomato sandwiches for the three days prior?

And yes, the massive clean-up effort today was - as many passengers have reported - a direct result of the USCG and NTSB announcing they were boarding. If you believe otherwise, you either work for Carnival or are brainwashed

Fourth call from my wife:

1. My wife went on this cruise with a bunch of her Jazzercise friends. This morning one of them was airlifted off the ship due to a stroke. I saw this on CNN earlier but I thought they were lowering supplies down.

2. She has already cleared customs. They are calling each level one at a time to go through customs.

3. The smell has gotten extremely worse over the past 8 hours.

Archived