Main Dining Room - Menus

The ships cat

Just off 13 days on the Quest and in the 4 years of traveling on Azamara on the Quest and Journey, the menu has NEVER changed. The rotation is the same. 11 days into the cruise I said to my friends, we have not had chicken parm night and there it was the next night. Time to add some things.

Phyllis

That sounds just like Celebrity. It must be corporate policy for RCL.

In 2012 I was listening tothe then harpist and saw people turned away due to jeans. Yet in Prime C i did see thrm hte very first night of cruise. It was because their suitcases were MIA. Personally I would not of gone in there but gone to the buffet for dinner.

As far as lobster goes I see it all the time in the speciality restaurants. i rarely go to the MDR so it might or might not have lobster. As someone from Boston i prefer not to eat it at all on the ships.

Smart jeans were permitted in all restaurants on the cruise I have just disembarked from.

I had told my husband no jacket require just like the Paul Gaugin, resort casual. Why is someone saying you need a jacket on shore or on ship, unless you are going to a very fine hotel most tourist spots do not require these days.

I am very confused!

I had told my husband no jacket require just like the Paul Gaugin, resort casual. Why is someone saying you need a jacket on shore or on ship, unless you are going to a very fine hotel most tourist spots do not require these days.

I am very confused!

He definitely doesn't need a jacket on-board. There may be a few guys who like to wear one for dinner, but it's NOT required.

I am very confused!

I suspect that the dress code has been changing over the last few years; nowadays the UK website says that jackets are not required on board ship.

Good restaurants in Europe do expect more formal wear; obviously if your itinerary is elsewhere, or you are not interested in eating onshore then it is entirely possible to avoid wearing or packing a jacket.

You may also wish to bear in mind the fact that churches, mosques, synagogues etc will expect visitors to cover up, and in certain cultures women are expected to do so wherever they are; again this is greatly dependent on the cruise itinerary.

Hi Tgg,

Is there more than one veggie option on the menu? Or can you ask for a larger salad as a main course? I'm not a strict veggie. I just don't like a pile of meat and prefer veggies and rabbit food!

Thanks, Joan

My husband often just wants vegetables and asks for a vegetable platter where he chooses from among the vegetables on the menu that evening. There are plenty of choices.

I am very confused!

Don't be confused. There is NO need for a jacket anywhere or anytime on an Azamara ship. Don't let anyone try to tell you differently.

Will I be out of place with some floaty tops over dressy black slacks?

You will certainly not be out of place. I like to dress up for dinner...adds to the enjoyment for me. I always take something sparkly or floaty. However, sometimes I am happy that I can wear just nice pants and a pretty top. But no need for cocktail or dressier attire and my DH is very happy not to have to pack a tux!

As we are Jewish we know the rules for religious sites and it is aimed more toward women as long as men have legs covered not arms for men unless we are talking tank top for men(yuck).

Again thanks everyone for clearing that up.

Feel free to mix and match anything on the evening's menu. If the pasta entree looks good but you see another that you'd prefer, ask for an appetizer portion of the pasta as a starter, or as a side dish instead of the starch normally included. Or, choose a vegetable that's listed on another entree, or change the potato that's included for the risotto listed on another entree. This is Azamara. They'll do it.

?.... unless we are talking tank top for men(yuck).

Again thanks everyone for clearing that up.

Totally agree. And whilst we are on the subject, I wish people would change before coming to breakfast if they have been using the gym or running track. The sight of sweaty man in vest and / or woman in t shirt puts me right off my waffles