Carnival Triumph - Photos - Tents - Sewage Bags

Feelin' Nauti'

Can someone post some pictures of the passengers fighting for food, the sewage that was splattered all over the walls and dripping into the gulf. Someone has to have the fighting and gangs that formed in all this chaos. I heard them talk about it in TV and I read it on the internet, someone please post the photo's.

Dear Lord, will this stupid idea ever stop being said? It is not possible to remove 4000 people safety from a free floating ship with no power or stabilizers onto a moving ship! What part of this do people not understand? If the passengers are SAFE, I said SAFE, not miserable, unhappy, tired, hungry, etc, then there is no reason to RISK LIVES by trying to transfer. It cannot be done safely. The experts have said the same thing, the Coast Guard has said the same thing. What is wrong with people that cannot get that single concept? These are the same people who cannot understand why a ship with no power cannot drop an anchor (not even long enough) into the deep gulf and then expect to pull it back up - WITHOUT POWER!

Common Sense people! Try it. It really comes in useful.

Agreed, and then after there was a drowning death from a passenger falling into the water while trying to transfer in open seas to another boat, or a passenger being crushed to death between the boats the same people would be saying "why didnt Carnival just leave those people on the ship, how stupid to try something like that out in open water":rolleyes:

It was supposed to be a very short cruise. Perhaps those were the only shoes they brought.

The Minnow was supposed to be a very short cruise too- and yet Ginger seemed prepared for every fashion occasion :)

But yeah, I agree with you- many people would only have flip-flops. And I think that is something that made this very different from the Splendor. Didn't that happen at the beginning of the cruise? So they were home around the time they expected to be. Here, since it happened at the end of the cruise, they were likely already out of clean clothes (and any carried on soda and snacks...). The missed work component is probably the worst part. I can handle adversity- but if I don't work, how do I pay my mortgage?

Can someone post some pictures of the passengers fighting for food, the sewage that was splattered all over the walls and dripping into the gulf. Someone has to have the fighting and gangs that formed in all this chaos. I heard them talk about it in TV and I read it on the internet, someone please post the photo's.

Video of the long line for food

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/carnival-cruise-triumph-passengers-return-home/story?id=18509079

I'd suggest Costa....

Costa is part of the Carnival Corporation.

From Reuters:

Carnival Corporation, incorporated in 1972, is a cruise company. The Company’s cruise brand operates in two segments: North America and Europe, Australia & Asia (EAA). Its North America segment cruise brands include Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises (Princess) and Seabourn. Its EAA segment cruise brands include AIDA Cruises (AIDA), Costa Cruises (Costa), Cunard, Ibero Cruises (Ibero), P&O Cruises (Australia) and P&O Cruises (United Kingdom)

Of course it isn't the ideal situation not what any one cruising expected when the booked their Vacation but as they say s&$t happens, it's not the end of the world no one died just had a few days being very uncomfortable. I am sure you will hear complaints from the "complainers" and others who take it in stride.

Right, only worry about it when people are dead. Good plan.

Of course it isn't the ideal situation not what any one cruising expected when the booked their Vacation but as they say s&$t happens, it's not the end of the world no one died just had a few days being very uncomfortable. I am sure you will hear complaints from the "complainers" and others who take it in stride.

Their four day cruise was a nightmare... They have every right to complain.

After Hurricane Sandy we had lost our power for over 8 days. Since we are outside city limits, we couldn't run water or flush toilets. We had to either buy water or go to the nearest stream to get water to flush the toilet. We had to depend on the flow of gravity to have the toilet water get to the septic field. There was no waking up and making coffee, taking a hot shower and getting ready for a day at home with no power. Husband couldn't go to work for the first week, they had no power either.

The fire that happened on the ship could have been so much worse. Thankfully the ship was able to be towed back to a port. Conditions had to be horrible for those on board. I really do feel sorry for all that sailed that ship and had to experience this.

From the first day after the fire, we heard several things from people who were family of the passenegers. Like the father who had his daughter with him, who apparently scare the chit out of his child and relayed the message that the child was afraid of never seeing her mommy again. A little bit over the top for me. Instead of calming his child and reassuring her, a terrible fright was put into her and the friend she had with her.

I will wait to see the final decision on what Carnival will give these passengers. I would like to see more pictures from those that suffered the conditions on that ship. They all survived this ordeal and will soon be back in their homes. Good luck to them all.

I'm absolutely ashamed for some of those of you who have made comments that suggest this cruise was anything but horrid and unacceptable. Where is your sense of compassion and humanity and when did you lose it?

Agreed. I was up most of last night listening to cruisers comments. ALL said crew was great and did everything they could. I found that the best, not even one person complained about staff.

Because flip flops are the shoe choice of many/most on vacation, and will probably be thrown away. Personally, I don't pack tennis shoes for a cruise. Well, I did once because I actually thought I'd work out, but I knew better on the other 8 cruises.:D:D:D

Gordonchick, you win my award for being the first one to make me LOL today. :D I always start a vacation with the best plans of working out while vacationing but rarely get any exercise outside of walking on shore excursions. But I also always bring too many shoes.

"The fire that happened on the ship could have been so much worse."

What an apologist attitude. Reminds me of the car accident I was in in November. My truck was t-boned in an intersection and I rolled in the middle of the intersection. Luckily I walked away with only a minor concussion.

While I am thankful it wasn't worse, that doesn't make it acceptable or fun. Just because something could be worse doesn't mean it wasn't horrible.

This cruise had a boat full of Texans. Texans are a tough lot, and make the best of what they have. Was the end of the cruise fun? No, but it is what it is. If you don't think you could handle it maybe cruising isn't for you. This could happen on other cruiselines too. Things happen, you just deal with it and go on or you could just continue to gripe about it. Life is what you make it. I just hope I'm never on a cruise with some of y'all.

You take a chance whenever you get on a ship, plane, bus, car or train. It could break down. I think Carnival is being more then generous by compensating these people with refunds for their entire trip, free cruises and $500 per person. Every tv news attorney says lawsuits will probably be thrown out due to the contract everyone signs before cruising. Hey, they were lucky it happened at the end of their cruise on the way home. It was an accidental fire....sh*t happens. Carnival did the best they could. Life's not perfect. And sorry, the people i've seen interviewed did not seem traumatized in the least. Everyone of them said the staff was amazing. Yes, it was a horrible situation that no one wants to go thru, but the most important thing is everyone is alive! Lets be thankful for that.

This cruise had a boat full of Texans. Texans are a tough lot, and make the best of what they have. Was the end of the cruise fun? No, but it is what it is. If you don't think you could handle it maybe cruising isn't for you. This could happen on other cruiselines too. Things happen, you just deal with it and go on or you could just continue to gripe about it. Life is what you make it. I just hope I'm never on a cruise with some of y'all.

Thinking the same thing basically!

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-03.ss_full.jpg

Kendall Jenkins, left, of Houston, celebrates with Brittany Ferguson, of Houston (AP photo)

gss-130214-carnival-907p.ss_full.jpg

Kendall Jenkins of Houston kisses the ground after stepping off the Carnival ship Triumph (Getty Images photo)

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-02.ss_full.jpg

Veronica Arriaga, of Angleton, Texas (AP photo)

HAHAHA

You are kidding' date=' right?!?!?

To me it's a terrible sight to see, I can't imagine what those poor people are going through. Cruising in filthy conditions. Wallowing in one's own or someone's filth is unacceptable.

No heat or A/C, limited food, sewage seeping everywhere, smell of fecal waste material, sleeping on open decks.

like the previous poster said... 3rd world countries who have NON of what you listed.... EVERY day... and they sleep in dirt.. not beds ( who cares if the beds were out on deck or in the lobby or whereever! )

people should all just stay home in thier cushy lil houses if they are scared of the world and what "could happen"

I could care less if this was a carnival, Rcc or princess ship I still say most on these boards are being drama queens. It's a camping trip at sea

I'm sure for some people it was the worst thing that ever happened to them, but it reminds me of the new commercial with the green insurance lizard...

SOMEBODY HELP ME I HAVE A FLAT TIRE !!!!!

A little too dramatic in some cases ?:eek:

Getty Images, Reuters & AP photos:

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-11.ss_full.jpg

The crippled cruise liner Carnival Triumph limps into port guided by tug boats on Feb. 14, in Mobile, Alabama

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-12.ss_full.jpg

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-08.ss_full.jpg

ss-130214-carnival-jc-03_2.ss_full.jpg

ss-130214-carnival-triumph-07.ss_full.jpg

And Carnival Cruise Lines CEO Gerry Cahill stands alone on the deck of the Carnival Triumph in Mobile, Alabama on Feb. 14, 2013:

ss-130215-carnival-cruise-05.ss_full.jpg

After looking at these pictures, I dont understand why people are wearing flip flops if there is urine and poo on the floors. I would be wearing my tennis shoes. Yes, it looks a mess with all the bedding on the floors. People sure are messy!:)

I would rather wear flipflops. I can throw them out when done, and bleach my feet. I wouldn't want to have to either clear or throw out sneakers.....

Archived