Carnival Triumph - Photos - Tents - Sewage Bags

Feelin' Nauti'

I agree it could have been much worse, but I wouldn't be satisfied with what they are offering. They were supposed to be back 4 days ago?? I wouldn't want to spend my vacation time like that, and what if they don't have paid vacation at their job? I work for an insurance company- thank goodness we don't insure them, that will be a mess! I'm happy that the fire was contained and everyone is ok, but I'm not going to be mad at them for complaining... they earned it:)

Been watching the news off and on for the past few hours. With thoughts of doom and gloom reported here on CC and elsewhere, I was wondering what we would hear and see when the Triumph finally docked.

Incredibly, everyone that has been interviewed on CNN looks healthy and happy. No one is covered in sludge and sewage. People actually look clean!! No one is emaciated from starvation. Many passengers praise the crew members. Others say that they had plenty of food.

I do NOT mean to make light of what these passengers have been through. Obviously this is not what they signed up for. This has been a crazy vacation. But they are all OK, clearly healthy and have not devolved into some unclean, uncivilized life form, scrounging for scraps of bread as some reports would have us believe.

Welcome home to all Triumph passengers.

Why is it so hard for you to believe that there are people out there who like adventure, who enjoy new experiences, and who think it would be cool to be on that ship right now? How often do we in America get the chance to be "pioneers"? I feel sad for you that all you see is the negative aspects.

I don't know that I would be happy the entire time, if I were there. I'm sure I would have my moments - but I honestly think all in all it would be ok. The fact that I always get a balcony room may have something to do with it, but then I also always get the aft balcony, and the aft never got working toilets. Even so, it would be such a story to tell!!

Really? Sitting on a deck of a cruise ship is adventure and being pioneers? Even WITH bad plumbing thats cracking me up!

Go hike the chugatch national forest in Alaska.... thats being adventurous and pioneerish... dealing with a vacation nightmare on a cruise ship, that doesn't qualify. First world problems and a first world adventure. SMDH.

As bad as it seems to some and I can not say how I would feel. I sure the heck would rather be on a cruise ship in the middle of 80-90 degree weather doing nothing and in those conditions than be at work PERIOD! With an additional 5 days are you kidding!!! Still would rather be there than in cold 20-30 degree weather. But thats my humble opinion.

april

You need to find another job!

My position is that this matter has now become a matter for investivation by the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board and the U.S. Coast Guard under the authority of the Bahamas Maritime Authority.

The report to follow, will itself bear out whether the passengers of the Triumph are being "Drama Queens" or not.

It has already been reported, that passengers have been exposed to unsanitary/unhealthy conditions for an extended period of time.

I pity the passengers, but even more so, I pity the crew who have to continue to serve the passengers in such conditions.

Again, all I'm sayin' is the truth of the matter will come out. Whether it's that Carnival is at fault, or whether passengers are over-dramatizing, I'm not there, and I don't have the facts.

BUT, if I lost a weeks worth of work, $500 wouldn't cut it. I don't care if they gave me another cruise down the line. And it goes without saying, they better give me back my money for the one that was ruined.

Don't forget that they're giving out free booze. Why? Why else? To keep the passengers sedated. Think about it.

It's not the passengers that are being drama queens, its the rabble rousers on this board!!

Pat

My position is that this matter has now become a matter for investivation by the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board and the U.S. Coast Guard under the authority of the Bahamas Maritime Authority. You do know that this is a normal practice to investigate it. It does not mean that Carnival did anything wrong or was neglegent. We will have to wait and see.

The report to follow, will itself bear out whether the passengers of the Triumph are being "Drama Queens" or not. I believe the Drama Queen comment was for the people on this board, not the passengers!

It has already been reported, that passengers have been exposed to unsanitary/unhealthy conditions for an extended period of time. Lots of crazy things are being "reported". Wait and see what really comes out.

I pity the passengers, but even more so, I pity the crew who have to continue to serve the passengers in such conditions.

Again, all I'm sayin' is the truth of the matter will come out. Whether it's that Carnival is at fault, or whether passengers are over-dramatizing, I'm not there, and I don't have the facts.

BUT, if I lost a weeks worth of work, $500 wouldn't cut it. I don't care if they gave me another cruise down the line. And it goes without saying, they better give me back my money for the one that was ruined.

Don't forget that they're giving out free booze. Why? Why else? To keep the passengers sedated. Think about it.Obviously you are not reading everything that is being reported because they were not serving free booze. The liquor was cut off.

See above in red.

I didn't go through the entire threads but with all the bad conditions on the ship I have not heard of anyone getting the Noro Virus. Am I wrong on this??

With all the postings all the time on CC and with the worry of getting it on a normal cruise you would think that someone would have gotten it. I wonder if that says anything about how well Carnival took care of the passengers??

Have cruised on the Splendor with passengers that went through the same thing when she had her problems. Most think the crew did a great job then. They looked upon it as an adventure they got that was FREE with FREE drinks, FREE phone calls, with another FREE cruise out of it later on.

Totally agree...the ppl interviewed mostly said it wasn't as bad as the media hyped up ad of course there are going to be ppl who will try to sue anyway Von matter that they were more than generously compensated. Two free cruises and $500...And of course all this went down at the end of the cruise on the last day so they pretty much had an awesome cruise Thursday through Saturday. Ppl live in worse conditions than these on a daily basis in places like Bosnia where my cousin just went to take food and supplies. Ppl there live daily with no electricity or heat and little food And in unsanitary conditions....most of the ppl on the cruise made the best of its, got extra days off work and school and two more free vacations.....

I hope carnival does learn some things from this.

Unfortunately, Carnival had a dressed rehearsal for this about 2 years ago and failed to learn.

I am wondering why Carnival didn't charter some kind of transport ship to haul a "Boat Load" (See what I did there?) of food over to the Triumph instead of diverting three other cruise ships that obviously cannot transport near as much.

Also, Carnival should have immediately cancelled one of their short 3 day cruises from Miami or Mobile or Tampa and sent another ship out there to pick those passengers up. I beleive the positive PR from these couple of moves would have far outweighed the cost of one lost 3 day cruise.

Also, Carnival should have immediately cancelled one of their short 3 day cruises from Miami or Mobile or Tampa and sent another ship out there to pick those passengers up. I beleive the positive PR from these couple of moves would have far outweighed the cost of one lost 3 day cruise.

Dear Lord, will this stupid idea ever stop being said? It is not possible to remove 4000 people safety from a free floating ship with no power or stabilizers onto a moving ship! What part of this do people not understand? If the passengers are SAFE, I said SAFE, not miserable, unhappy, tired, hungry, etc, then there is no reason to RISK LIVES by trying to transfer. It cannot be done safely. The experts have said the same thing, the Coast Guard has said the same thing. What is wrong with people that cannot get that single concept? These are the same people who cannot understand why a ship with no power cannot drop an anchor (not even long enough) into the deep gulf and then expect to pull it back up - WITHOUT POWER!

Common Sense people! Try it. It really comes in useful.

Unfortunately, Carnival had a dressed rehearsal for this about 2 years ago and failed to learn.

I am wondering why Carnival didn't charter some kind of transport ship to haul a "Boat Load" (See what I did there?) of food over to the Triumph instead of diverting three other cruise ships that obviously cannot transport near as much.

Sounds crazy but if you feed them more they will go more and with no where to go ends up even worse. As for the transporting passengers to another ship. I heard that that was too dangerous. Not sure how true that is but I believe that if there was something else to do they would have done it. It cannot be bout the money. It's going to cost them a boat load anyway with the payout's and stock prices.

Also, Carnival should have immediately cancelled one of their short 3 day cruises from Miami or Mobile or Tampa and sent another ship out there to pick those passengers up.

Really? Still? I take it you've missed all the experts (including the Coast Guard captain on scene) who explained that transferring passengers at sea is too dangerous to attempt unless they are in imminent danger.

I don't think anyone can reasonably criticize Carnival's operational response to this incident.

As for the boatload of food, it seems like a good idea on the surface, but not once it's thought through. There's a reason they were dropping food from helicopters. Ships are slow. By the time a ship were to reach triumph, she would have been halfway home. And guess what? They did start having boatloads of food dropped off beginning the day before yesterday when the first supply boat reached her. this is why they "miraculously" started getting better food as they got close to land.

The reason Elation and Legend were dispatched is that they were nearby and able to render aid quickly. They couldn't drop more food because there was no refrigeration on Triumph.

Carnival's rescue operation went about as smoothly as it could have. Any cruise line with a disabled ship would have taken the same steps. there just isn't much comfort that can be offered to passengers on a stranded ship in the middle of the Gulf. If you look at a map, the triumph broke down in just about the worst possible spot farthest from land anywhere in the Gulf or Caribbean basins. That's why it took so long to bring them home.

After looking at these pictures, I dont understand why people are wearing flip flops if there is urine and poo on the floors. I would be wearing my tennis shoes. Yes, it looks a mess with all the bedding on the floors. People sure are messy!:)

After looking at these pictures, I dont understand why people are wearing flip flops if there is urine and poo on the floors. I would be wearing my tennis shoes. Yes, it looks a mess with all the bedding on the floors. People sure are messy!:)

I for one don't pack sneakers. Flip-flops. sandals, evening shoes is all I need.

But think I will from now on. ;)

Because flip flops are the shoe choice of many/most on vacation, and will probably be thrown away. Personally, I don't pack tennis shoes for a cruise. Well, I did once because I actually thought I'd work out, but I knew better on the other 8 cruises.:D:D:D

I have been working on my next cruise booking and I've definitely taken Carnival off my list. I was thinking of Princess, but they are owned by Carnival, so will have do try and find another line not associated with Carnival. Maybe RCI? they aren't are they?

I'd suggest Costa....

You know, no one died on this cruise. While the conditions weren't great nor the situation ideal, I think Carnival did as much as any other line (RCL, Norwegian, HAL and others) could and would have done.

When you fly, there's always a chance of a malfunction on a plane. Fortunately, most of the time they are able to land at a nearby airport. But people are often stranded for hours waiting for a new plane, they miss connecting flights, and sometimes even sleep in the airport on a bench. Granted, it's not for days and you don't have to poop in a bag, but it is an inconvenience.

What happens when there is a blizzard and people get stuck at an airport for two or three days? Again, there's not unsanitary issues for the most part, but it certainly isn't comfortable....

Folks, these things can happen. And anyone who gets on a ship that sails 200 miles out in the middle of the ocean has to realize that there could be problems....just like anyone who gets on a plane has to realize there is a chance no matter how small that the plane could crash.

IF it is proven after an investigation that Carnival neglected this ship and that lead to the fire, THEN you'll see a different type of action

However, does the NTSB and other agencies have any authority over the corporation since the ships are registered in Panama and other countries?

Archived