Oceanview cabin on Quest

FLcruiser2011

We are thinking about a cruise on Quest, and all the balcony cabins appear to be booked.

We would be interested in hearing about recent cruisers experiences with oceanview cabins on Deck 4. Is the air circulation pretty good? Is the size a bit claustrophobic?

We love Azamara, but haven't sailed in a room without a balcony for years.

Reports will be greatly appreciated.

We have not sailed in these cabins but our friends did on a cruise that we sailed on together. They(two women with lots of stuff) said they loved their cabin. The window is large with a surround almost like a window seat. Bathroom is small but I don't think it's any different than the standard balcony cabin bath. I do not know that some have complained of obstructive views in some cabins so make sure that is not an issue for a cabin.

The obstructed view cabins are on Deck 6 and are obstructed by the lifeboats. However, the very first one, 6033 on the starboard side, only is obstructed by the davit for the zodiac which goes down the middle of the picture window (the zodiac sits below), so they receive a lot of light and you get most of the view. However, they are the smallest cabins on the ship.

I just returned from cruising to Antarctica in cabin 4040. We picked deck 4 midship to have the least rocky ride in case of rough seas and the cabin met my expectations just fine. I would feel totally comfortable in any cabin like that one.

The cabin size was adequate; we managed to stow our stuff with very little difficulty, and we had winter and summer clothing b/c of the itinerary.

Some of the ship's entertainers and enrichment speakers were in our same group of cabins.

We had balconies on all six of our Celebrity and all three of our HAL cruises, so I wondered also about not having one. It was fine. Air quality fine. Cabin very comfortable.

Have a great time.

--May

We are thinking about a cruise on Quest, and all the balcony cabins appear to be booked.

We would be interested in hearing about recent cruisers experiences with oceanview cabins on Deck 4. Is the air circulation pretty good? Is the size a bit claustrophobic?

We love Azamara, but haven't sailed in a room without a balcony for years.

Reports will be greatly appreciated.

I would ask if any of the following cabins 6004, 6005, 7006 and 7007 are available..these cabins are window cabins but MUCH larger than any on deck four..

Jancruz1

The obstructed view cabins are on Deck 6 and are obstructed by the lifeboats. However, the very first one, 6033 on the starboard side, only is obstructed by the davit for the zodiac which goes down the middle of the picture window (the zodiac sits below), so they receive a lot of light and you get most of the view. However, they are the smallest cabins on the ship.

Whoowhoot! I JUST booked a this cabin No. 6033. I am a single so the space should be just fine.

Whoowhoot! I JUST booked a this cabin No. 6033. I am a single so the space should be just fine.

It would be great for a single. I have spent 24 nights in that cabin as a couple on Oceania's Nautica (two separate cruises), and we did just fine. With no couch, I was forced to put away all my clothing and souvenirs rather than just tossing them on the couch!:)

Also, it's a super location, close to the stairs and elevators, but no noise from them.

Enjoy your cruise!

Pam

I have stayed in the category 8 obstructed ocean view and prefer them to the standard ocean view cabins. While they are technically smaller, the arrangement makes them feel much larger, with more floor space. They are a great value. Several have only partially obstructed views, like 6036/6039.

I have stayed in the category 8 obstructed ocean view and prefer them to the standard ocean view cabins. While they are technically smaller, the arrangement makes them feel much larger, with more floor space. They are a great value. Several have only partially obstructed views, like 6036/6039.

6030 and 6033 are the least obstructed..

Jancruz1

We are in 6033 for the June Baltic cruise on the Quest. Since we knew it wouldn't be balcony weather, we opted for the obstructed oceanview. We got a chance to see it when we booked on board and it seemed fine to us!! Layout is front to back rather than side to side.

Anne

We are in 6033 for the June Baltic cruise on the Quest. Since we knew it wouldn't be balcony weather, we opted for the obstructed oceanview. We got a chance to see it when we booked on board and it seemed fine to us!! Layout is front to back rather than side to side.

Anne

The front to back layout really seems to increase the size of these very small cabins. We've been in this cabin twice on Oceania, and it was fine because we spend very little time in our cabin, only to sleep, shower and change. The public areas are so nice on these ships.

Still not sure why you would want an obstructed Ocean view when their are four extra large great Ocean view cabins..

Jancruz1

Hi, Jan,

Perhaps they are afraid of the movement being so far forward. I am a queasy sailor subject to seasickness, so I stick only to mid-ship cabins.

Pam

Actually, the obstructed oceanviews are cheaper than the regular oceanviews. The room 6033 window is over the smallest life boat so you are looking right over it w/o any obstruction! We usually get a balcony but since we will be in cooler temps. we didn't opt for one. We are in a balcony on the May 1 cruise on the Journey.

Hi, Jan,

Perhaps they are afraid of the movement being so far forward. I am a queasy sailor subject to seasickness, so I stick only to mid-ship cabins.

Pam

Hi, That I understand but truly if motion didnt bother me I would take the larger cabins which on deck 7 are incredible quiet..

Jancruz1

Archived