Aloha deck most popular????

oratheeexplorer

I've been dreamily (is that a word?) looking at some caribbean cruises for next winter and when comparing availability, I am finding that the Aloha decks cabins, both interior and balcony, have more "sold" on them now than the other decks. I always thought Caribe sold out first.....does anyone know why Aloha is so popular? Just wondering.....

I've been dreamily (is that a word?) looking at some caribbean cruises for next winter and when comparing availability, I am finding that the Aloha decks cabins, both interior and balcony, have more "sold" on them now than the other decks. I always thought Caribe sold out first.....does anyone know why Aloha is so popular? Just wondering.....

Aloha is populat because their may be block bookings by a TA, pluas it is a short walk to the pool deck - Do not book A deck because of the noise on your ceiling. Agree C deck is better - Balconies are bigger:)

Aloha is populat because their may be block bookings by a TA, pluas it is a short walk to the pool deck - Do not book A deck because of the noise on your ceiling. Agree C deck is better - Balconies are bigger:)

Why would Aloha deck on the CB have more noise from above than the Caribe deck since there are only cabins above them both? Are the people on the Riviera deck noisy people? :D

We've been on Caribe, Baja and Aloha......we like them all.....when I was looking at availability I was looking at the Princess website and Aloha deck definitely had more cabins sold than the others and I was just wondering why people like it more than the others....I agree with the close walk to the terrace pool one deck above.....are there any other reasons?

Are they priced differently?

We sail next Saturday staying in A747 and A743 which are both aft cabins right near the Terrace Pool, next to the Owner Suites, and 2 floors away from the Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe.

:p And no, we are not worried about noise from above, just as I imagine those in the Owner Suites are not also

Can't wait to sail our first time on Princess!

Are they priced differently?

We sail next Saturday staying in A747 and A743 which are both aft cabins right near the Terrace Pool, next to the Owner Suites, and 2 floors away from the Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe.

:p And no, we are not worried about noise from above, just as I imagine those in the Owner Suites are not also

Can't wait to sail our first time on Princess!

No, this is comparing the same priced interior or balcony cabins on different decks and Aloha deck just has a lot more taken already....

Also, some ships have a deck above Aloha that is all cabins and some the deck above Aloha is not cabins, so those might be a bit noisy....

I always thought Caribe sold out first.....does anyone know why Aloha is so popular? Just wondering.....

The Caribe balconies are larger than the other deck's balconies. Below is a photo of the Emerald Princess-Caribe balcony cabin # C324 we had in 2011. As you can see on the Caribe balcony...there is room for 4 chairs and a large table. Now the furniture has been changed with only 2 cheaper chairs and 2 ottomans with the table. However, the size of the balcony, of course, is the same size as always.

IMG_7345A_zps78e8641b.jpg

The Caribe balconies are larger than the other deck's balconies. Below is a photo of the Emerald Princess-Caribe balcony cabin # C324 we had in 2011. As you can see on the Caribe balcony...there is room for 4 chairs and a large table. Now the furniture has been changed with only 2 cheaper chairs and 2 ottomans with the table. However, the size of the balcony, of course, is the same size as always.

IMG_7345A_zps78e8641b.jpg

Is this a BA, BD, BC, BD, Or BE catagory stateroom? Edited by Roce48

We once had a cabin on the Aloha deck under the pool area…ugh, noisiest cabin ever. Woken up every morning with chairs scraping back and forth all day. Never again.

You were in your cabin all day long? :)

Were you on the inside cabins such as A749 or A748, because those are the only two cabins that seem to be below the pool and chair area. The Balcony cabins on Aloha Deck are not under any open deck or pool.

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in March in A747. I was noticing on pictures that next to that room (it's the last room on the starboard side) there looks like another balcony that's sort of facing A747. Does anyone know what that is all about? I certainly hope we're not going to be disappointed with that room.

Is this a BA, BD, BC, BD, Or BE catagory stateroom?
Caribe balconies are usually BA and BB.

I think many times, Aloha is more popular because of the mis-guided perception that the higher the deck, the better. I've seen and heard comments that someone would never book a cabin lower than Aloha because they didn't want to be in steerage. Which IMHO, is an uneducated opinion.

We once had a cabin on the Aloha deck under the pool area…ugh, noisiest cabin ever. Woken up every morning with chairs scraping back and forth all day. Never again.

My mistake, it was on the Coral on the Aloha Deck, balcony cabin right under the chairs on the side of the pool deck. And I travelled with a teen who did hang out often ALL DAY in the cabin, to my dismay!

Caribe balconies are usually BA and BB.

I think many times, Aloha is more popular because of the mis-guided perception that the higher the deck, the better. I've seen and heard comments that someone would never book a cabin lower than Aloha because they didn't want to be in steerage. Which IMHO, is an uneducated opinion.

Hi Pam,

We've actually been in a Caribe balcony room at the very front of the ship...loved the bigger balcony but I wouldn't stay at the very front again...I felt too much motion from front to back all night long.

We stayed on the Aloha deck once also and we liked it. Then for Alaska we had a Caribe aft facing balcony and to us, that was the best choice for Alaska, we were blocked from the cold wind back there and after being out on the open deck for Glacier Bay, we went back to our aft cabin while leaving Glacier Bay and could enjoy Glacier Bay even longer. And on our last night heading towards Vancouver, I had the most amazing experience watching the sunset from that balcony.

I just always thought Caribe was more popular than Aloha and noticed on this one particular 10 day Caribbean cruise, that there are a lot more cabins sold already on Aloha than any other deck and was just wondering why that would be. I understand what you are saying.

We prefer the Caribe deck....cabins above and below and no noise from moving pool chairs etc. Also, we like the larger half covered balcony with more privacy! We got upgraded to caribe midship (BA) shortly after we booked our balcony guarantee.

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in March in A747. I was noticing on pictures that next to that room (it's the last room on the starboard side) there looks like another balcony that's sort of facing A747. Does anyone know what that is all about? I certainly hope we're not going to be disappointed with that room.

We are staying in A747 on the CB this Saturday. The balcony you see at the end of the Aloha Deck is the last balcony (A747) which is at an angle looking forward.

Another poster sent me some photos of the same room , but on the other side of the ship (746). I am trying to copy them to this page without success.

I will keep trying, but if you would like, I will e-mail them to you.

Edited by Roce48
add cabin #

I would love it if you emailed me some photos of (746). I'm going to be so upset if we are looking into another balcony or if they are looking into us!!! I'm brand new on here so I need some direction on how to get you my email address. Thanks :-)

I would love it if you emailed me some photos of (746). I'm going to be so upset if we are looking into another balcony or if they are looking into us!!! I'm brand new on here so I need some direction on how to get you my email address. Thanks :-)

You may send me your address if you wish and then your's will not be dislpayed. Roce48@aol.com

We have sailed on Princess on Dolphin (min-suite), Caribe (Balcony) and Baja both min and balcony). This time we are doing Aloha! Have been in the Aloha cabins of friends many times. All were awesome. The one you have to watch is Dolphin as on some of the Princess ships, there is no cover above you. And those above you can see everything and I mean everything! just sayin!! You'll be on a cruise--- it's all good!!:):):)

Cheers, Kenn

We prefer the Caribe deck....cabins above and below and no noise from moving pool chairs etc. Also, we like the larger half covered balcony with more privacy! We got upgraded to caribe midship (BA) shortly after we booked our balcony guarantee.
Very surprising to me was how loud MUTS was and how much it disturbed us on our Caribe balconies last week (C703 and C705.) It sounded like someone on Baja was blasting a radio on their balcony. It was so loud it literally drove us inside. I've been in this exact location several times and never had a problem.

We are staying in A747 on the CB this Saturday. The balcony you see at the end of the Aloha Deck is the last balcony (A747) which is at an angle looking forward.

Another poster sent me some photos of the same room , but on the other side of the ship (746). I am trying to copy them to this page without success.

I will keep trying, but if you would like, I will e-mail them to you.

Have a wonderful time! I'll be anxious to hear your review of the room and balcony. Please post some pictures. Bon Voyage!