Aloha deck most popular????

oratheeexplorer

• 3 weeks later...

Are the Caribe balconies larger on the Crown Princess also? If not, which are the largest and/or most sought after balconies on the Crown?

The Caribe balconies are larger than the other deck's balconies. Below is a photo of the Emerald Princess-Caribe balcony cabin # C324 we had in 2011. As you can see on the Caribe balcony...there is room for 4 chairs and a large table. Now the furniture has been changed with only 2 cheaper chairs and 2 ottomans with the table. However, the size of the balcony, of course, is the same size as always.

IMG_7345A_zps78e8641b.jpg

Are the Caribe balconies larger on the Crown Princess also? If not, which are the largest and/or most sought after balconies on the Crown?

Yes they are, as they are on any of the Grand class ships. Grand/Golden/Star/Caribbean/Crown/Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire/Diamond.

I think many times, Aloha is more popular because of the mis-guided perception that the higher the deck, the better.

After the carnival triumph, I completely get 'the higher the better'.

Apparently, it doesn't just flow downhill at work...

We've been lucky and stayed on Aloha deck 233, 243 and 242 on all 3 of our cruises and will be on Aloha again on Easter. I like it as it is close to spa and elevators. My DH has a back back and that's a plus for him.

Have had Aloha deck a few times never had noise issues... on the Aloha you are above the other balconys fewer people can look down on your private balcony. Aloha can see other decks below them.

Aloha has been quiet for us, too. We often stay mid to slightly aft. We have stayed near the laundry, too, and no noise coming from there

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the Crown Princess and booked a balcony guarantee that turned out to be A746. The view was like the one shown for A747. The balcony is angled and lets you look out as well as forward. It is larger than the others on Aloha deck.

We asked for a lounger type chair like those on Carib deck or to be allowed to move one from the pool areas for the larger balcony. The ones for Carib deck are for mini suties only and moving one from the pool is not allowed for safety reasons with the wind. We still loved the balcony but it would be better customer service it they found a way that the customer could officially better use that extra space. Probably could have moved a lounger an then asked for forgiveness, but I was in vacation mode and just went with the flow.

... prefer Aloha deck for one reason....when you get off the elevator...you'll hear: "Aloha"....:D

This was my exact thought...."Aloha, deck 12" that is my favorite thing to hear while on vacation!!! We were on a Royal Caribbean ship and really missed hearing that lovely woman's voice telling us we were home on "Aloha, Deck 12". :p

our last 3 cruises have been on Aloha deck, we have just got off the Star SA 29 day and specifically chose the same location, aft, (704) to be one flight of stairs to Horizon to get our coffee water or snacks, close to the elevator ( and we didn't hear any noise), close to the aft pool and a few doors down from the laundry. Yes I do like the Caribe balconies but the convenience of this location wins hands down for us.

Terry

• 1 year later...

I would appreciate any photos or comments on this cabin. We are on the CB March 30 and I booked 5 bal cabins in a row for our family and our wonderful group rep told me take the 747 as it had an extended balcony. But from some of the pictures, I may be disappointed?? Happy New Year to all from the Bluegrass state!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I would appreciate any photos or comments on this cabin. We are on the CB March 30 and I booked 5 bal cabins in a row for our family and our wonderful group rep told me take the 747 as it had an extended balcony. But from some of the pictures, I may be disappointed?? Happy New Year to all from the Bluegrass state!!!

I am not sure how to copy pictures from a previous thread, but if you go to this link, it shows you a good picture of the balcony looking up at the ship from the ground level. The pictures are at the end of the thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2044821

Definitely a larger balcony and one that is well protected from the elements.