The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Thanks, SNJ Cruisers!

Hey, I just thought of another question I haven't seen. I see according to prices, that you can get premium liquor on a lot of drinks that are 7.95, bringing the price to 9.95, which is under the $10 max. Do I have to order liquor by name or can I just say "make it premium" because I'm no expert on brands.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I couldn't make it through all 250 posts during work..

Does anyone know if the Cheers program will be offered on the Sunshine when she starts sailing the Med in May? I tried calling carnival but got a recording apologizing for the hold time and telling me to call back next week

Thanks, SNJ Cruisers!

Hey, I just thought of another question I haven't seen. I see according to prices, that you can get premium liquor on a lot of drinks that are 7.95, bringing the price to 9.95, which is under the $10 max. Do I have to order liquor by name or can I just say "make it premium" because I'm no expert on brands.

You usually have to name the brand, for instance upgrading a vodka drink such as a martini to Grey Goose, bumps it up to 9.95. There aren't that many drinks that are over 10.00, about 90%+ qualify for the program.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I couldn't make it through all 250 posts during work..

Does anyone know if the Cheers program will be offered on the Sunshine when she starts sailing the Med in May? I tried calling carnival but got a recording apologizing for the hold time and telling me to call back next week

It will be....all of the other ships that are that size are already selling the program. I don't think that the alcoholic milk shakes will be included though, in case you were wondering.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to note the cheers program cannot be bought in the Port of New York. They told us we had to wait until after 6 pm to purchase it the first day. Obviously we waited until the first sea day. We requested all premium alcohol by name. We also had a bartender we always went to. He liked to experiment in mixology so we got to try alot of drinks and he always listed the ingredients for us. Glad we tried cheers on a cruise with really good and fun bar staff. Always tipped $1-$2 per drink. He informed us that people rarely have cash tips and that he and his bar appreciated it. He shared with the staff he worked with, which we thought was really nice because he didn't have to. Ultimately a good experience.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just off the 5 day Victory and cheers went from $42.95 to $49.95 plus the 15%. Nothing else added to the pkg and very strict with the 15 drink per day limit. Maxed out every day and wouldn,t allow you to even buy one.

I purchased the cheers package on the Breeze in December when there was a 25 drink limit and loved it. I'm seriously considering not purchasing the package with the 15 drink limit if they don't allow you to purchase any drinks after the limit. I can easily drink 10 beer during the day and it would be very annoying if I'm sober and get cut off early in the night without being able to purchase any drinks. I understand having a limit but I strongly feel that under the bartenders discretion they should be able to sell you drinks after 15 if you're not drunk.

So...we're talking another $7 a day, right?

Is that really enough to make it not worthwhile?:confused:

In my situation, yes. We were already looking at the possibility of not "getting our money's worth" so for an extra $98 on a 7 day cruise, it's not worth it for us.

I repeat, cheers was $49.95 plus 15% on the 5 day Victory April 15th. Maybe just on that cruise account of 4 & 5 day cruise. Doubt it will be on any more short cruise. Remember the Victory was a 7 day out of San Juan when pkg started.

Agree. we paid $52.95 plus 15% on the Constellation. So still a good deal.

Yes, but Celebrity's beverage package does not limit the number of drinks per day and drinks up to $12 are included (pay difference on drinks over $12). Also, coffee/tea drinks and bottled water are included on Celebrity's package.

I have been doing A LOT of thinking about whether to purchase the Cheers program on our cruise next week. My sister and I will be cruising together on our 1st cruise ever. We have been to Mexico together, and we both enjoyed having a drink here and there through the day and then a couple with dinner. Mostly margarita's and dacquries (spelling?) I would have happily had more to drink if I could get a consistent and awesome margarita.

After reading all about the Alchemy Bar, I am really hoping to try new things. The last thing I want is to sit there and say to myself through the day that I shouldn't get this drink cause of the charges to the SS account.

If we purchase it upfront, there is no worrying. We know the price! I do not want to get a massive bill at the end because I found an awesome bartender who can make me a lime margarita!!

SO..... having said all that...... We will be purchasing it. Hopefully my sister is ok with it ;)

I have been doing A LOT of thinking about whether to purchase the Cheers program on our cruise next week. My sister and I will be cruising together on our 1st cruise ever. We have been to Mexico together, and we both enjoyed having a drink here and there through the day and then a couple with dinner. Mostly margarita's and dacquries (spelling?) I would have happily had more to drink if I could get a consistent and awesome margarita.

After reading all about the Alchemy Bar, I am really hoping to try new things. The last thing I want is to sit there and say to myself through the day that I shouldn't get this drink cause of the charges to the SS account.

If we purchase it upfront, there is no worrying. We know the price! I do not want to get a massive bill at the end because I found an awesome bartender who can make me a lime margarita!!

SO..... having said all that...... We will be purchasing it. Hopefully my sister is ok with it ;)

Just want to say I'm sure you and your sister are going to have an absolutely wonderful time. I'm leaving on the 29th sailing on the Victory for my second "sisters cruise". Our first was late Sept/early Oct, 2011, just a 3 night to Nassau on the Imagination. The entire cruise was PERFECT. Awesome weather, calm seas, great time!!! The only one negative was the length of the cruise. Way too short!!!

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm very excited for you and your sister! As I recall, the Margaritas were wonderful! :D

My sister and I have been planning this cruise since Jan 14, 2012. We live in different states and I haven't seen her since last August. I'll be thinking about you and your sister while I'm soaking up all my time with my sister! How many nights is your cruise and where does it sail to?

Just off the Carnival Conquest today, we paid $42.95+15% We waited till day two to purchase it, so just under $300 pp. we did save some money over the course of the cruise, but not a lot. But over half our purchases were beer, which is some of the cheapest of the alcohol. If you drink the higher priced drinks you will save even more.

FREE BOOZE.......now that I have your attention, I just wanted to spread the word about a program that not everyone on this thread probably knows about. Many cruisers tend to be loyal to one line, while others vary their cruise line of choice. Celebrity has a great promotion going on and it has been extended till the end of this month. It applies to any cruises during the months of June, July, August and September. It's called the 123 Go Promotion and with it, you get their Classic beverage package for free with your booking and for an upcharge of 11.50 per day, it can upgraded to their Premium package. Both of these packages have no limit whatsoever, unlike the Cheers program. The Classic package includes beers up to 5.00 and mixed drinks and wine up to 8.00. The 5.00 limit on beer includes domestics as well as popular imports like Corona and Heineken. The 8.00 ceiling on mixed drinks includes Stoli, Absolute, Bacardi, Jack Daniels and many others as well. The Premium package also includes bottled water including Pellegrino, fresh squeezed juices and Red Bull.

You're saving 38.50 per day by getting the premium package on Celebrity versus the Cheers program on Carnival and there is no limit on the amount of drinks and it includes so much more. Obviously it's not for everyone, but I thought I would mention it on this thread to let people know about it that normally had blinders on when it came to other cruise lines. I have been very loyal over the years to Carnival as you can tell from my signature, but my next two cruises are both on Celebrity, specifically because of this promotion.

Just want to say I'm sure you and your sister are going to have an absolutely wonderful time. I'm leaving on the 29th sailing on the Victory for my second "sisters cruise". Our first was late Sept/early Oct, 2011, just a 3 night to Nassau on the Imagination. The entire cruise was PERFECT. Awesome weather, calm seas, great time!!! The only one negative was the length of the cruise. Way too short!!!

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm very excited for you and your sister! As I recall, the Margaritas were wonderful! :D

My sister and I have been planning this cruise since Jan 14, 2012. We live in different states and I haven't seen her since last August. I'll be thinking about you and your sister while I'm soaking up all my time with my sister! How many nights is your cruise and where does it sail to?

Thanks bitofun!!!

My sister and I live in the same city and see each other at least a couple times a week, but it will be awesome to get away and relax.

I will be thinking of you and your sister as well, it's great that you can get together!

Our cruise on Glory is 7 nights outta Miami doing the Western Caribbean. (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman)

And I am sure the Margaritas that the cruise wants you to buy would be much better than the All Inclusive resort ;)

They already got your money! Don't want you drinking too much. Complete opposite on a cruise, they want them to be yummy so you keep coming back, lol!!

Have a blast with your sister bitofun!!

Darla

F I have been very loyal over the years to Carnival as you can tell from my signature, but my next two cruises are both on Celebrity, specifically because of this promotion.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

That would swing it for me too. I wish carnival would do a promotion like that. I know MSC offers free all inclusive drinks packages at certain times of the year.