The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

4) If you order a double of any type of drink (i.e. double jack and coke, etc). This will count as TWO drinks. We witnessed a guy finding this one out the hard way.

Not sure if it varies by bartender, but I was drinking double Dissarino & ginger ales at the sports bar all week and it only counted as 1 each time... But this was the same bartender that made my husband a Four Horsemen in a cordial glass and charged him for 1!

Edited by jonathansburden

Not looked to see if this has been covered yet, but just adding my personal experience on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago for our spring break cruise. Our group of 4 hit the 15 limit a couple of times each on various nights throughout the week, and the policy was consistent at every bar we tried, once the 15 drinks was reached you WERE able to purchase further drinks (16, 17 etc) at the regular bar prices.

We ordered a bottle through bon voyage as a backup in case we were completely cut off at 15, but turns out we didn't need to.

I should also add that we were allowed to purchase drinks for other people throughout the day at regular prices, that wouldn't count towards our 15. So in the afternoon I'd get my usual drink on cheers program free and at same time explain I'm buying a beer for a friend and could I be charged for that one at normal price, no problem.

Edited by RedDevil

Not looked to see if this has been covered yet, but just adding my personal experience on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago for our spring break cruise. Our group of 4 hit the 15 limit a couple of times each on various nights throughout the week, and the policy was consistent at every bar we tried, once the 15 drinks was reached you WERE able to purchase further drinks (16, 17 etc) at the regular bar prices.

We ordered a bottle through bon voyage as a backup in case we were completely cut off at 15, but turns out we didn't need to.

I should also add that we were allowed to purchase drinks for other people throughout the day at regular prices, that wouldn't count towards our 15. So in the afternoon I'd get my usual drink on cheers program free and at same time explain I'm buying a beer for a friend and could I be charged for that one at normal price, no problem.

This confirms that there are different rules on different ships...

Our group of 4 hit the 15 limit a couple of times each on various nights throughout the week, and the policy was consistent at every bar we tried, once the 15 drinks was reached you WERE able to purchase further drinks (16, 17 etc) at the regular bar prices.

My experience on Conquest as well.

If you're going to cheat the system.....you had better not be doing all of your ordering at the same bar or two. They do track how often you drink and what you're drinking. I had been drinking the same thing for 4 straight drinks, changed it up to get a basic rum and coke from a different server at the same bar and when the regular server came back for my next drink, she admonished me, basically knowing I had given the rum & coke away. They are like Big Brother...they make the rules and they do enforce the rules.

Interesting, what if you just decide to switch up what you're drinking? If we do this I plan to try serveral different things.

I’m sorry, I read this entire thread and I’m on info overload – think I got most of my answers though. We’re cruising the dream in October so hopefully someone else who had done this program on the Dream can answer my questions:

1. what happens if I order a drink that cost more than $10.00? Do they charge the difference in price to my S&S card or what?

2. My drink of choice is usually a long island ice tea, how much does that cost?

3. Hubby is a Corona drinker. How much is that, and will he get them in the bottle or a cup?

4. Just confirming: unlimited soda, but I'd have to pay for water and energy drinks, right?

5. Another confirmation: If I order any soda, will it count towards my 15 drink maximum per day?

6. Are all taxes and tips included in the per person daily price?

7. What are the “Beverages offered at gangway while debarking”? Saw this listed on page one but don’t ever remember seeing those on our last cruise.

THANKS in advance for your help! :)

Just an interesting tidbit: I called Carnival today to confirm the tip amount so we could pay in advance.

I asked how much the Cheers program cost and she told me to go look online. I told her I already tried that (really had, but found out on Cruise Critic that I can only order on board) and she said it's there I just have to look for it :confused: She even gave me a "Carnival E-Solutions" telephone number to call if I couldn't find it online and they'd help me find it and order. I asked if she was sure and she insisted I could pay for it on carnival dot com. Not only that, she also insisted that I didn't have to buy the program for every single day of the cruise, that I could choose whatever days I wanted :confused::confused:

I'll just say I'm glad CC is around because if I went by the Carnival reps, I'd be :mad: if I didn't come prepared based on info their reps gave me.

:eek:

Sounds like theft to me.

I cant believe i just read that!!!!

if you think that is theft what the heck do you think $30.00 for a bottle of supermarket wine is!! I know for a fact they get some of the $30.00 wines for less than $5.00 (acquaintance in the trade)

Also what they charge for a bottle of spirits-$60+, as well as passengers paying 15% to have the top taken off a bottle of beer!!!

It is the cruise ships what do the thieving-skimming the take and paying their overworked crew crap wages and making them hope for good tips.:mad::mad:

You need a reality check methinks.

Whew-pass my inhaler and angry trousers Spencer:D:D:D

Edited by hintanjul
spelling mistake i was so annoyed. grrr

I’m sorry, I read this entire thread and I’m on info overload – think I got most of my answers though. We’re cruising the dream in October so hopefully someone else who had done this program on the Dream can answer my questions:

1. what happens if I order a drink that cost more than $10.00? Do they charge the difference in price to my S&S card or what? If you order something over 10, you're charged the entire amount

2. My drink of choice is usually a long island ice tea, how much does that cost? 8.95, so it's covered under the program

3. Hubby is a Corona drinker. How much is that, and will he get them in the bottle or a cup? I forget exactly, I think 4.75, it's a bottle inside and poured into a corona plastic funnel cup poolside.

4. Just confirming: unlimited soda, but I'd have to pay for water and energy drinks, right?Full price on energy drinks, 25% discount on water

5. Another confirmation: If I order any soda, will it count towards my 15 drink maximum per day?No

6. Are all taxes and tips included in the per person daily price?42.95 + 15%, just under 50.00 per day

7. What are the “Beverages offered at gangway while debarking”? Saw this listed on page one but don’t ever remember seeing those on our last cruise.Usually 1 liter bottles of water

THANKS in advance for your help! :)

Answers in bold

If you order something over $10, you are not charged the full amount. You are given a 25% discount. This includes items such as bottles of wine, or events such as the martini tasting.

Edited by tncap

If you order something over $10, you are not charged the full amount. You are given a 25% discount. This includes items such as bottles of wine, or events such as the martini tasting.

Thank you SNJCruisers!

Okay so from what I've read my $8.95 Long Island Iced Tea comes to $10.06 with auto 15% tip - is it the base price BEFORE the tip that deems whether the drink would be included in Cheers program or after? Because with tip it seems I'd be paying more than $10 for the drink and that it technically would not be included in the Cheers program :confused:

Edited by wannago35

It is before tip. I had a glass of wine which was exactly $10, and it was free. The LI teas were $8.75, by the way.

Bust my stones for 20 cents Bob....either way, 8.75 or 8.95, the drink is covered under the program. You can consume 15 Long Island Iced Teas and get a much better buzz than any 25% discount with a bottle of wine.

GIN prices

"Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire"

$6,50 $55

"Beefeater, Slow Gin"

$5,25 $40.

What size bottle is this? Pint? 750 ml? 1litre?

If I can bring a 12 pack of 7up aboard, depending on the bottle size, I can entertain myself quite well!

In that case make sure HIS favorite drink is included! :)

Hubby isn't a big drinker but I did check that his fave beer, Corona's are included (right?)

But he'd also like some Johnny Walker Black and ginger ale - anybody know if he can get this on Cheers? Worst case do we need to bring ginger ale on board with us?

Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by wannago35

GIN prices

"Tanqueray, Bombay Sapphire"

$6,50 $55

"Beefeater, Slow Gin"

$5,25 $40.

What size bottle is this? Pint? 750 ml? 1litre?

If I can bring a 12 pack of 7up aboard, depending on the bottle size, I can entertain myself quite well!

The updated prices are as follows:

Tangueray 6.50 65.00

Bombay Sapphire 6.50 70.00

Beefeater 5.25 55.00

The cheaper price is per drink at the bar, the higher price is for a 1 liter bottle ordered through the Bon Voyage Dept. Could not find Sloe Gin prices.

Hubby isn't a big drinker but I did check that his fave beer, Corona's are included (right?)

But he'd also like some Johnny Walker Black and ginger ale - anybody know if he can get this on Cheers? Worst case do we need to bring ginger ale on board with us?

Thanks in advance! :)

Johnnie Walker Black is available at any bar for 7.50 and Corona's are 4.95, so they are both included in the Cheers program. I believe that Ginger Ale is hit or miss. The Red Frog Pub on the Breeze had Ginger Beer, which is a derivative of Ginger Ale. I would play it safe and bring a 12 pack on board and of course you can always get a 12 pack in a port of call as well. They usually have Ginger Ale, Club Soda and Tonic Water in any place that sells liquor.

I didn't read all the posts. So i don't know if it's been mentioned, But if you buy embarkation day, you have to pay tax so it's $90 tax on a seven-day cruise. If You wait untill the next day you don't have to pay for first day or the $90 tax saves over $145 on each person.

If there Are multiple people in your state room over age 21 every person in the room has to buy the program!!!

We just got off if Conquest, they give you a rules card now, but this isn't mentioned! Even when buying it the tax information isn't mentioned!! But I assure you, it's true!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk!!